Message to Team Ninja: Please give us another way of getting those rare bikinis.

Survival mode has been one of the worst gaming experiences I can think of in my twenty-some year of gaming. The insane difficulty has made me remember repressed childhood memories of The Legend of Zelda 2 and many other NES and SNES games.

I have somehow made it to Legend but have not beaten it yet. I just hope that the members of this board that have contact with Team Ninja constantly remind them how bad survival mode currently is. I do think with a bit of tweaking survival could actually be fun. However I don’t think Team Ninja is competent enough to be able to fix it without being told how to do it. To be quite honest I don’t have any faith in Team Ninja anymore and this saddens me.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Whats funny is, you guys aren't supposed to "beat" survival. You're supposed to try and beat it. That's why they call it survival.

The swimsuit is just a taunt to make you aim for a nearly impossible goal. The amount of rage being generated over it is astounding... its just a swimsuit.

Dave

Whats funny is, you guys aren't supposed to "beat" survival. You're supposed to try and beat it. That's why they call it survival.

The swimsuit is just a taunt to make you aim for a nearly impossible goal. The amount of rage being generated over it is astounding... its just a swimsuit.

yeas, but for some it's not the swimsuit, it's the idea of never being able to fully complete the game because of that ridiculous task. i like to get achievements for my games. completing the achievement list is fun. but just because of this insanely difficult mode(s) it won't happen. that's a little astounding...

Extra

Lots of games have difficult achievements, like beating Master Ninja mode in Ninja Gaiden 2 (which also gives you a costume). I never heard any complaints about those.

DR2K

Lots of games have difficult achievements, like beating Master Ninja mode in Ninja Gaiden 2 (which also gives you a costume). I never heard any complaints about those.

Well when that costume is Ryu in a V thong then you probably wont.

Ace Flibble

Eh, Legend mode is easy now since the patch. Beat Time Attack and Arcade yesterday with absolutely no trouble - didn't even need to have to rely on AI-breaking attacks - and Survival took just two tries. Anyone who's given up on these things because they're too hard, give them another go now.

I will say though that I somewhat regret it now, because I think the pieces of string'bikinis' look utterly daft and the CPU seems to turn up in 'em a lot, plus since it's gotten easier to unlock them I'm now facing a lot of them online. Few days ago online was all Ryu, Hayate and Brad, now it's suddenly people trying to learn Christie and Lisa. Mmm, wonder why...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Legend may be easier but the lower difficulties, Champ on Survival in particular, actually seems harder. I was getting significantly farther before the patch using the same strategies. I have no doubt that Legend will be easier since it was basically all input-reading and that's been dialed back. The lower ones definitely got a bump in difficulty though. I no longer care. Just won't bother with the achievements any more.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
yeas, but for some it's not the swimsuit, it's the idea of never being able to fully complete the game because of that ridiculous task. i like to get achievements for my games. completing the achievement list is fun. but just because of this insanely difficult mode(s) it won't happen. that's a little astounding...

I never knew their were so many OCD gamers in the world.

Cyber has the same exact problem hahahaha

Ooobe

Yes, OCD does have it's downside:rolleyes:. Finally beat "hard" yesterday, didn't think there was any point even trying to unlock the higher difficulties if I couldn't do that and after all, it's only 50 wins. My hands were literally shaking by the time I finished. <and I didn't think I cared if I got there today or next year>

Paradise

I stopped myself after about the 10th try of Legendary Survival and I thought "Why in the blue fuck am I doing this to myself? I DONT EVEN PLAY LISA!"

Ace Flibble

Yeah going back to them now, Survival on Champ seems harder than Legend does now. Dunno what exactly that patch did, but it's like they're switched around. Glad I beat Champ before the patch and Legend after. Maybe if there are any die-hard Lisa players out there they would consider uninstalling the game and wiping patch data, starting fresh offline to get Legend unlocked and then patch to beat Legend.

Koor

Just DESTROYED Survival on Master using the (slightly upgraded) Lisa method as shown in this vid (Not my vid ofcourse XD) after only 2 tries. Off to Legend to get my waifu her bikini :cool:

PS. You can just scroll down to the description of the vid to get the rundown of the method. Good luck out there!

DR2K

Patch out this mode completely. It's about as worthless as all the time they put into balancing the roster.

Dave

I doubt they'll ever patch it out or make the costume obtainable by other means. We'll just have to deal with it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Somehow, despite it's cheapness, beating MN in NG2 felt rewarding. It felt like to beat it, you had to be near-flawless in every regard, but the periodic checkpoints gave you a sense of progress.

The higher difficulties in DOA5 just feel cheap, unpredictable and aggravating. It's going to take more than some bullshit costume to make me go through that crap on survival. I like to collect achievements as well, but this is insane. The amount of time I'd have to put into it is more than I have to spare.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD