Mila damage report

Kakita

Ok here are the changes I noticed since the path:

- 6P has no real important change it stuns the same works just as it used to but if you don't want the following Kick to come out accidentally, you might need to free cancel.

- 6T has not changed, the following hasn't changed so the 6T, K loop still works although her 5K is now a great stun extender.

- 9P has been nerfed. It no longer guarantees a ground throw and it bounces on CH but the best you get is 6P,P. It won't loop her forcetechs, we'll have to stick with 3F+K.

- P+K doesn't work the same, thus far it has been rendered useless. It no longer offers a fee ground throw after launch and if used after 3F+K knocks down it forces the opponent to tech far. So we can't do 3F+K, P+K, 3F+K forcetech anymore. We have to stick with 3F+K to force tech. In others words, 3F+K to knock down then 3F+K to forcetech... That's it!

- TD has a longer recovery but startup frames and active frames don't seem to be an issue, at least not from what I saw thus far.

-4K TD cancel moves. They still work great and the TD cancel 2P wasn't nerfed like 1P. 4KT is still very good.

- 66P doesn't offer as much advantage now so on the wall it won't give a few 5P.

- Her throws don't beat standing attacks anymore after pseudo forcetechs.

- She lost her backdash. So she's more vulnerable to get up kicks now.

- Her side step kick is now the replacement for her sidestep punch.

- Her sidestep throw is now slower so you really have to use it on reaction otherwise she'll get punished.

So basically, she's the same with no more juggles that lead to ground throws, a toned down forcetech game, toned down sidestep game. The rest is the same, especially her pseudo forcetechs. Still a force to be reasoned with IMO. Please add any other findings, changes and discuss how it hurts or made her better.

Yaguar

Good news on TD. I didn't notice anything that would change :P+K: so must be down to the general game changes (gaaaaaaaaaah!).

Thanks for the report, I'll play around with her when I get back from work.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Bear with me when I do frame terminology, under normal circumstances I never use frames as I just "Go with the flow" of the battle and learn through trial and error.

Upfront mount damage for PPP is down and completely dependent on hitting each of the combos. 10-10-30 looks nice only if you can get it off. Her side mount KKK isn't as terribly affected but the two are now equal in power if used from SST, 66T, 214T, or 4T. If just mounting you just get the 10-10-30 (PPP) or 15-15-20 (KKK) not including head down towards opponent mount (will test later). Still, more damage for each is better. Even better on the Lab (am I the only one who thinks this is a REALLY good stage for Mila?)

SST is a lot slower (33 frame startup) and counts as a crouch while the active frames are up. 66T has a 21 frame startup and has the same properties as SST.

Her 9P is still guaranteed a ground throw on normal hits (33 frame window, is the term "advantage"?), you just can't do the throw as fast as you would with her 3H+K. Tested just now with a Training Com set for recovery (Tech Rolls) and fastest recovery for staggers (sure not the right category but what better to use?) and I could get the follow up ground throw on it.
It only bounces on Counters, Hi-Counters, Critical Stuns (red), and Critical Bursts. Can be tech rolled at this time. When it bounces I found if you want to deal more damage 6PP, 4K, 2P, 3K, 2K, and 4H+K are the only options that hit fast enough to deal damage.
Opponents can tech it with the "white" Critical Stuns.

6P recovery speed is pretty noticeable compared to pre 1.03, gives the opponent a little more time to guess where to hold out of if 6P hit first.

P+K: It's on Critical Stuns (red), Bursts, Counters, and Hi-Counters that it bounces high enough to get a combo in (same as above). 18 frame window on fastest stagger recovery to get something in, 26 with no stagger recovery on normal hits.

More later when I've gotten some sleep and am finished with tonight's Flyers game.

Kakita

Does the 3H+K pseudo work?

4KT still stops anything they do?

Pseudo P6PP, 3F+K works fine. You don't get the 6T on lightweights and 5T on mid weights to beat out attacks after CB pseudo though. 66T still works wonders instead.

4KT beats anything still. And you crouch right away to go under highs.

DrDogg

They didn't see me play before the patch was complete, so her most powerful tool is still intact, but the tackle nerf still hurts.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Recovery on 4K isn't as noticeable as, say, the 6P recovery change.

I'm happy they didn't do anything to 3H+K.

Jefffcore

Pseudo P6PP, 3F+K works fine. You don't get the 6T on lightweights and 5T on mid weights to beat out attacks after CB pseudo though. 66T still works wonders instead.

4KT beats anything still. And you crouch right away to go under highs.
That's what I guessed: because it didn't have an untechable attached it has reduced advantage. Does it work after a 3p launch though?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Just got a few matches in online and some of those changes have made Mila really suffer. Her SST is just too easily avoidable now, damn near as projected as Power Blows.

Yaguar

Something they've changed along the ways has had an effect.
:7::P: :P+K: doesn't work if they don't counter.
:7::P: :T: :h: :P: is still fine.

Kakita

That's what I guessed: because it didn't have an untechable attached it has reduced advantage. Does it work after a 3p launch though?

Yes it sill works off 3P launch, but the advantage is naturally smaller. She can still pseudo just as well as before, no worries. By the Busa now has some very sexy untechables, not pseudos, untechables. Currently working on finding more but thus far it's all mid weights. So keep an eye out, Mila could have some too now since vertical attack have better force tech properties.

And SST still works, just needs to be used on reaction against an actual attack. It can't just be thrown out there as easily as before.

Yaguar

:9::P: :3::H+K:
Still works on all weights at NORMAL and HCH.

:9::P: :P+K:
- Near a wall, if :9::P: lands on the ground the :P+K: will hit and wall smash. Works for CH and HCH.
- Note that as a CH option, if the floor your opponent is on is slightly raised you can use :P+K: to force tech

DrDogg

Something they've changed along the ways has had an effect.
:7::P: :P+K: doesn't work if they don't counter.
:7::P: :H+P: :h: :P: is still fine.

Can you explain this a little more? CH 7P, P+K is no longer a sit-down stun, or doesn't connect, or what? I don't know what you mean by, "doesn't work".

Also, the tackle cancel P concern was that it would be unsafe on block due to being susceptible to low throws now. Is that not the case or...?

And SST still works, just needs to be used on reaction against an actual attack. It can't just be thrown out there as easily a before.

The problem with SS~tackle being slower is that Team Ninja nerfed her SS game more than just the tackle. SS~P is unsafe now. Between SS~P and SS~tackle, Mila has one of the weakest SS games in DOA5.

And before anyone mentions SS~K being safe, it's high. Most characters sneeze and go under a high attack. Useless...

Basically, if CH 7P, P+K is no longer a sit-down stun, then I'm done playing this game. I was okay (unhappy, but okay) with the other nerfs as long as I still had that. Without that (plus her other nerfs), Mila is low tier in my eyes.

Thanks Team Ninja!

Kakita

Can you explain this a little more? CH 7P, P+K is no longer a sit-down stun, or doesn't connect, or what? I don't know what you mean by, "doesn't work".

Also, the tackle cancel P concern was that it would be unsafe on block due to being susceptible to low throws now. Is that not the case or...?

The problem with SS~tackle being slower is that Team Ninja nerfed her SS game more than just the tackle. SS~P is unsafe now. Between SS~P and SS~tackle, Mila has one of the weakest SS games in DOA5.

And before anyone mentions SS~K being safe, it's high. Most characters sneeze and go under a high attack. Useless...

Basically, if CH 7P, P+K is no longer a sit-down stun, then I'm done playing this game. I was okay (unhappy, but okay) with the other nerfs as long as I still had that. Without that (plus her other nerfs), Mila is low tier in my eyes.

Thanks Team Ninja!

Well I haven't tested 7P, P+K honestly so I'm not sure how it performs now. I know that P+K in a juggle still ground slams but doesn't guarantee a ground throw anymore. I also know that it's still guaranteed after knocking down with 3F+K but now techs the opponent so it's impossible to connected with follow up 3F+K anymore.

Her sidestep is still viable if you evade an attack with it and the opponent recovers from he whiff. But yes it has been toned down.

I still find her good though. Her forcetech game and her pseudos are still intact. She can't juggle into her ground grab anymore but her normal juggles and the smaller health bar help to balance that. She sill hits hard honestly.

Yaguar

:7::P: and :P+K: don't connect on CH or HCH.
Testing:
Lights - No connection
Mid - No connection
Heavy - No connection

:7::P: seems to have been changed. By which I mean that cancels seem faster whilst its recovery is hella long before you can follow up with anything else
With the following 3 lots of settings:
Global settings: Fastest Stagger, Counter: Always Counter.
Test 1: Global + Reaction: Guard All, Critical Hold: fastest - mid punch
- :H+P::h::P: will land freely after the counter, AI will not get guard up.

Test 2: Global + Reaction: Guard All
- The punch lands freely.

Test 3: Global + Reaction: Counter - Mid Punch Hold
- Punch zips through before they can do anything.

Tested all critical holds, the only one that nips through is critical hold: slow, which does catch it. Appears that CH means they can't really do shit about the :H+P: :h: :P: other than pray they use that counter at the final second.

Though it has been changed I just found that it gives a +0 frame pseudo:
:7::P: :3::H+K: so that is something if it wasn't already like that. (Tested this vs. Ayane only).

synce

I must've stopped playing Mila before something magical was discovered in CH 7P, P+K, what's all the fuss about?

DrDogg

I must've stopped playing Mila before something magical was discovered in CH 7P, P+K, what's all the fuss about?

Most people play Mila like any other DOA character. Stun > Extend Stun > Launch or CB, repeat.

To me, that's too risky and doesn't set Mila above any of the better characters in the game. You'd have a hard time telling me that a Mila who uses the above strategy goes head to head with Jann Lee or Leifang.

I played Mila very differently. I used loops to reset the situation over and over, completely draining the opponent's health bar, making them counter only when I want them to counter, keeping me as safe as DOA allows and making the opponent fear getting hit even a single time.

I won't bother explaining the details of all of my loops (there were three) since one of them doesn't work at all, one is significantly nerfed, and the last one is now a normal stun instead of a reset loop. But, the most effective and deadly loop basically started with CH 7P, P+K for a sit-down stun that guaranteed a follow-up that reset the situation.

I've played a good number of Mila players online. I've only ever seen two others who use anything remotely similar to my strats and I taught both of them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD