Mila DOA5U changes

Gill Hustle

Oooooh! LOOK!

pp4pph can cancel to her non tackle options (hmm alot seem like this but going through move list)
pp4pk, Throw

pp4p1k Her step low

pp1k ^^

8ppph another New cancel

7pk new

7p1k Hi Punch, step kick

4ppH yep cancel

4p1k step kick

8K gets the new launch juggle state

Gill Hustle

3KT not sure if that's new . . .

2kpph string cancel

SS Tackle must now be done with 6T during SS

426T new throw

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
3KT isn't new.

7PP - extra attack after 7P and can go into the new feint with H afterwards.

More or less she got more cancel options that go into her feint and her new feint and she got cancels into Switch Step kick (1H+K).

Edit: Just did her Command Training, holy crap that is a lot more strings and cancels/feints.

Last edited:

Gill Hustle

Edit: Just did her Command Training, holy crap that is a lot more strings and cancels/feints.

Yeah he feels a lot more like a striker.

It takes getting used to, but believe she's going to be scary once she get's people blocking.

Tackle break is 0 not great but better than minus I guess.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Yeah he feels a lot more like a striker.
I must be missing something... (edit: I don't think you got the joke here Gill)

I primarily used her as a striker so all I have to do is get used to the new stuff.

Last edited:

Gill Hustle

I must be missing something...

I primarily used her as a striker so all I have to do is get used to the new stuff.

Not that she wasn't before, but now more so with the new stuff in general. Before her strings were pretty limited and some things were just plain crap.

Jefffcore

3H+K doesn't crush high anymore, and they screwed with the ground game. On the bright side, she's not braindead, so I might have more fun playing her.

Jefffcore

I think I found a pseudo. As far as I know mila cant ground throw from any combo from cb, so its kinda pointless doing that now

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
One more while I am thinking about it: 6H+K now launches the opponent with head toward Mila. If you P+K immediately afterward the opponent will be face down head to Mila. If you hit them with a juggle and they will be head away like it was in 5.

Last edited:

Devilreaper

pretty much always considered mila to be a hybrid but there is much more emphasis on striking which i felt was limited in 5... her 1 hk has some use now lol

3pp seems to be her best tool for bounding i could be wrong though

Last edited:

synce

The new P+K option from feint isn't so bad... On CH you get a second hit CB.

I can still mount after some launchers and juggles but some of them are inconsistent. No use letting anyone break mount anymore so my timing improved too.

In the end though Mila's just a hollow shell of what she once was. It's kind of odd that TN would introduce a new character then nerf her back to back. Not the best way to get people to pick her up

RubinRoon

Maybe I am missing something, but i can mount no problem after cb > 8k > p6pp > p+k. If the character is a lightweight, you just have to delay the p+k a bit.
i think she is a lot more technical now with her new cancels, but a lot better as well. She is also extremely damaging, if you practice the mount punchtiming.

Raze

Only played Mila in 5, before the patch, never downloaded the patch (dropped the game and stuck with VF) so just reading up on all the changes etc. She takes a bit more effort and work to win with then a lot of other characters imho. She seems ok, but I have to work harder with her to get wins than any other character i'm using in ultimate (Rachel, Momiji, Sarah). Gonna take some time to get decent enough with the new Mila to have a solid opinion on her. She's fun to use though and I still like the character a lot!

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
As long as you weren't Takedown dependent or 3H+K loop dependent you shouldn't have a hard time playing as her from 5 to 5U. She is still an amazing damage dealer in the striking department.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD