Mila in a nutshell by Something-Unique

Gill Hustle

A copy and paste from Something-Unique regarding Mila:

1. Mila is the highest damaging character in the game. This includes the damage return on both striking or throwing a.k.a ur offense.

2. She is also the best comeback character in the game due to having the highest damaging PL in the game once she reaches the red health state. One successful stun into this is game over if you have 200 health or less on average.

3. Ms. MMA has the best crouching throw in the game in the form of her i5 2T. It grants +25 stun state and has different properties on high counter. In the normal state 2 hits place ur opponent in critical status. In the high counter state 1 hit places ur opponent in critical status. Mila can do whatever she wants at +25 in stun so u can launch pronto if u choose to or u can do the stun game. Max possible damage from normal state is 162. Max possible damage from high counter state is 203. Neither of those are situational or include PL damage.

What this means is if I block anyone of your lows that isn't a generic poke that's what u have to deal with for punishment. If u get caught low holding in stun the unique properties make ur situation a billion times worse. Again 2 hit critical status on normal state and 1 hit critical states on high counter state. Or u can launch immediately.

4. I already discussed 4 out of the 5 options available to Mila after her i7 6T. The reason I'll bring this up again is just recapping how this is one of the best if not the best throws in the game. I'd argue the best since its versatility/functionality isn't matched by any other throw in the game. Let alone at this speed. It has the highest damage ceiling in the game at a max possible damage of 187. Non situational and PL damage isn't even included here. Since its by way of stun game however (2 hits to critical status) you could argue a case for Izuna Drop despite being an i12 because u can get 97 on normal from it. However its important to remember getting punished at -8 for this kind of potential damage is a huge positive which brings me to point #5.

5. She is the best punisher in the game both standing (-8) and crouching (-5).

6. Her stun game is monstrous and might be the most versatile dangerous one in the game. 1 hit stun into launch from one her weaker starters but the most universally used openers in the game for all characters her 6P can get her 101 (bananas). The exact same setup scenario 1 hit stun into 7k(charge) against a missed hold grants critical status with a free CB for 167 max possible damage. Once again not including PL damage. Take a moment to reflect on that mixup. The same setup also works from 2 hits. In regards to playing the generic stun game It takes Mila 2 hits not including the initial stun opener from neutral to get to level 3 threshold from mid k, mid, p, or high k. All non SE'able.

If u combine that with getting caught holding by anyone of her throws 6T (standing) or 2T (crouching) you can actually loop her stun game indefinitely until your luck runs out (top that).

7. Mila might also have the best collection of throws as a whole in the game. We already discussed 6T and 2T. But she also has 214T (large range) does 90 on normal and 110 on high counter and 100/125 respectively with wall 120/145 on the electric stage with wall. Then she has 2 offensive holds with 66T (standing) 80/95 and 3T (crouching) 65/72. Both of those can also get environmental damage but floor only. 66T obviously can also be done from SS.

8. She also has high damaging holds. Four of which are really hard hitting.
Mid P leads to max 102. Mid K leads to max 97. Low K leads to 102. Low P is variable per character with the least possible 86. On lightweights u can get max 113. Her low counter was nerfed consistently since vanilla. In vanilla u could get 138

9. Mila vs wakeup. Because she has both high damaging counters against mid k and low k she's strong in this department. If u block the low k and 2T punish it gets even worse as I discussed this before. If u need to bail for not wanting to gamble here 3H+K is the next best option as it will tech the low K and if u get hit airborne by the mid k u will just hit the floor minimal damage with the option to tech. 3H+K 2T leads to 75 on normal. You could also swap the 3H+K out for 9P, P+K, 2T for 89 on normal that will also tech the low but the startup frames for going airborne is much worse and u could end up giving ur opponent a free high counter stun because of it.

10. Her strike game is second only to the i9 jabbers/i11 mid jabbers in speed. Despite hitting like a truck she's fast. A hybrid in fact as Mila is what the heavyweight weight characters wish they were in speed. i10 jab. i12 mid p and an i12 high p for counter hit fishing/stagger interrupts. i13 high k that tracks and stuns on ch. Mainly for use when playing at +frames or reading a SS. Her 2P is i14 which is on the slower side but it also comes with massive range and is +1. Giving u that i11 mid P and i11 mid p or i12 high k that does 28 damage normal which would win out in an i12 clash due to damage.

She has safe ranged pokes like i14 4K for example which also can cancel into her offensive hold tackle that will beat out all options except low state moves and obviously a low throw read. last time I checked. She use to be able to beat out everything by canceling into P as well but that was nerfed in Vanilla.

Pokes like 7K and 6P+K can whiff punish from hella far. In a nutshell she can play from close or far and dish out heavyweight damage.

11. Mila's only negative is that if you fail to press the button first on her combo throws and holds you lose out on damage. Which is the same for all other characters with the same requirements. Technically though if you jf them your opponent can never escape them and at the very least she has the option to either press T instead of PPP or KKK in those combo situations for no more than a 15 point damage deficit. This brings me to my last point for Mila #11.

12. Mila's P6PP, 3PP, 6P/K combo is her best combo outside of her ground pounds. The great thing about this combo is that on average u are still doing roughly slightly less than half life to slightly more than half life depending on starter. What makes it super good though is that not only is it her best non ground pound combo both leave u at +frames to pursue oki the 6P gives +5-7 plus wakeup frames and the K gives +1 plus wakeup frames for +5 more damage. In both situations if ur opponent doesn't tech you get a free 2T for more damage than you would going straight into her ground pound combos. The 6P is better than the K to me cause if u go straight for it and ur opponent techs it only at -1. The main point of this combo though is how the oki options after it are so strong while still being her best non ground pound combo while still doing half life

Hajin'

Thank you so much ! Very good read. I've been trying to reach him but he doesn't seem to come here anymore I guess.

Argentus

My issue is that...while good notes...I don't like to poke/stun. But I still use her and do great with her.

RiBu

Legitimately good info. I've been wanting to pick her up/have a better understanding of her strengths, and I think this is a must read for anyone wanting to look into the character...I'd like it again if I could.

Atrabilious

This is good stuff, thanks for posting it.

As this is copy-pasta, can I possibly get a link to where it was originally pulled from? If there's more material of this nature (not even specifically pertaining to Mila, just DOA5U in general), I'd be interested in reading over it.

Gill Hustle

This is good stuff, thanks for posting it.

As this is copy-pasta, can I possibly get a link to where it was originally pulled from? If there's more material of this nature (not even specifically pertaining to Mila, just DOA5U in general), I'd be interested in reading over it.

He posted it in one of the FB groups and said it was okay to paste it here.

It's everything he wrote word for word.

I'll see if I can get a hold of him to come in and answer questions.

Argentus

Though this does make me worry we are gonna see a huge influx of people trying play copypaste Milas.

Like what happened with Mileena in MK9.

Part of the fun of mila is that I rarely see anyone else using her, and if they are, they are usually just copypasta players trying to mimic whatever they found online.

RiBu

I eagerly await more info, because I am lazy and don't want to search through threads for stuff...

HoodsXx

Theres copy and paste" players ( who imo wont ever be able to copy a playstyle word for word; sure they can use the same setups but they still wont play the same), and there's players who will use these techniques to further their Mila play. Just because the info is there and someone might try to use it doesn't mean its all copy and paste since everyone's playstyle is different. The beauty of this is that you now have some solid things with mila that you CAN use with your own discretion while still playing the playstyle you like to play.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Soooooo....she needs a lot of the threshold just do 100+ damage. That's not strong at all when both of my characters can do the 100+ just from stun > launch and stun > faint stun > 100% follow up, lol.

Only thing I got out of this is that 6T is dangerous (which is true) but all that damage is not guaranteed at all. It's just a mix up.

I think it's time I finally explained the Ayane vs Mila match up. Someone needs a wake up call.

Argentus

Soooooo....she needs a lot of the threshold just do 100+ damage. That's not strong at all when both of my characters can do the 100+ just from stun > launch and stun > faint stun > 100% follow up, lol.

Only thing I got out of this is that 6T is dangerous (which is true) but all that damage is not guaranteed at all. It's just a mix up.

I think it's time I finally explained the Ayane vs Mila match up. Someone needs a wake up call.

mila doesn't do a ton of damage at a time, but its her mixup that is her greatest strength. At least that's how I see it.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I would like to add as evidence to SU's post with this video against a top japanese Mila player. He did like 60-70% of my life in one power launch combo without an environment interaction as soon as I put him at half life. Watch it here (granted I could have tech rolled, but it was rather unexpected). He also had a wall version of it as well here. I was also told that Japan considered Mila to be strong.

I don't know. I was rather impressed. I still feel as though I can win though.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD