Mod that lowers graphical quality?

vladone97

Long story short, I installed something on my phone (S23 Ultra) called Box64Droid, which allows me to run Windows programs on Android, and I decided to download Last Round on my phone to try it out. I've seen a bunch of people on YouTube who have done the same thing as I did, and we all get around 30 FPS. Except for one person who managed to get the game running at a playable framerate (around 50), and from the looks of it, they did something to lower the graphics beyond what the game's settings normally allow. A whole bunch of graphical effects were reduced. And I can guarantee the video wasn't fake, because Box64Droid has an FPS counter that stays on all the time whenever you run a game, and the FPS counter in the video showed 50.

The only problem is that this person didn't explain how they did it. I know mods that enhance DOA5LR's graphics beyond what the game allows for those with extra powerful PCs are very popular, so I figured I should ask the modding community: is there also any mod out there that lowers the game's graphics so it can run well on weaker hardware?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Long story short, I installed something on my phone (S23 Ultra) called Box64Droid, which allows me to run Windows programs on Android, and I decided to download Last Round on my phone to try it out. I've seen a bunch of people on YouTube who have done the same thing as I did, and we all get around 30 FPS. Except for one person who managed to get the game running at a playable framerate (around 50), and from the looks of it, they did something to lower the graphics beyond what the game's settings normally allow. A whole bunch of graphical effects were reduced. And I can guarantee the video wasn't fake, because Box64Droid has an FPS counter that stays on all the time whenever you run a game, and the FPS counter in the video showed 50.

The only problem is that this person didn't explain how they did it. I know mods that enhance DOA5LR's graphics beyond what the game allows for those with extra powerful PCs are very popular, so I figured I should ask the modding community: is there also any mod out there that lowers the game's graphics so it can run well on weaker hardware?
Not sure if it's the same one but there is a mod called potato mods that removes effects and stage details anf other things that can make the game playable with a better frame rate. Idk if there's a way to tone down the internal resolution tho but you may be able to in the game's graphics settings

WAZAAAAA

not modding, but make sure to reduce the graphics as much as possible from the little official launcher
DOA5LRlauncher.png

then there's some guy who modded resolution support to have 4k resolutions, but in your case you could try setting a lower resolution instead https://fileshare.steffenl.com/releases/DOA5LR/
the PCGW also lists Special K as an option "for custom/unlisted resolutions"

and yeah "potato mod" is a useful keyword to keep in mind for this kind of stuff

vladone97

not modding, but make sure to reduce the graphics as much as possible from the little official launcher
DOA5LRlauncher.png

then there's some guy who modded resolution support to have 4k resolutions, but in your case you could try setting a lower resolution instead https://fileshare.steffenl.com/releases/DOA5LR/
the PCGW also lists Special K as an option "for custom/unlisted resolutions"

and yeah "potato mod" is a useful keyword to keep in mind for this kind of stuff
Thanks for all the tips.
Not sure if it's the same one but there is a mod called potato mods that removes effects and stage details anf other things that can make the game playable with a better frame rate. Idk if there's a way to tone down the internal resolution tho but you may be able to in the game's graphics settings
Thank, I had no idea "potato mod" was the standard term for these kinds of mods. But I can't find the DOA5LR potato mod anywhere. Do you have a link?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thanks for all the tips.

Thank, I had no idea "potato mod" was the standard term for these kinds of mods. But I can't find the DOA5LR potato mod anywhere. Do you have a link?
I don't know of a link to DOA5 potato mods but if you search DOA6 or DOA5 potato mods in Google there will be a decent amount that can apply to just about any stage or additional effects, deviantart is a good place to find them in the DOA6 stage section or LR section

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD