Moderator Lockdown. Part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XV MR ARMANI

Scroll to the blue pigment.

Let me start off with a Merry Christmas to everyone in the forum. I had a good ass day yesterday lls.
And expect this forum to be locked soon so get your responses in quick!!

So as you can see here, this is what is collecting in the bottom of the General Discussion boards page.

bullshit-png.702

Locks on top of locks on top of locks.. etc. etc. What is the reasoning behind this lock spree mods? Is what newer players have to say about general observations of DOA5 that much of a problem to the forum? I really don't think so. You really can't build a community when a good majority of the easily accessible and candid forum topics are being locked. Anybody who doesn't feel knowledgable enough or really in the place to comment on topics like Frame Data and Mixups for characters wont have a haven to go to, to post and get people to know them and shit like that outside of the Meet and Greet Threads.

The irony of this picture is the blatant ignorance of the thread that isn't locked. People have honest questions guys. Let them discuss and find their own ways to the answer other than telling them to go to another thread that they probably can't find anyways. Even on top of that it just looks like the mod team is just policing everything that comes through this site.

I want to be ignorant and have the nigga in me say "yeah wassup, lock this thread bitchess" but I wont.

Hey there Rikuto fella, great job locking my other thread, you used them moderator tools in such a timely fashion I am not disappointed in your effectiveness. I guess you must read everything I post. Another one to add to the collection lmao. Did I put it in the right thread this time? You might try and hold me to double posting but it is a different thread I believe. But if you go to "Game Discussion" folks, you'll see that I was referring to Dead or Alive. Does anybody think that my thread should of got locked? I didn't go into the thread talking about Spongebob and how much I hate Street Fighter. C'mon grow the hell up.

Raansu

The threads get locked because they get out of control or have a potential of causing problems. They were all locked because they should of been locked just like this one will be locked and should be locked. If you don't like it then go to doaworld.com

XV MR ARMANI

The threads get locked because they get out of control or have a potential of causing problems. They were all locked because they should of been locked just like this one will be locked and should be locked. If you don't like it then go to doaworld.com

What's the difference between doaworld and FSD? Are we better than them or something? Lmfao that elitist shit kills me. Chill with that mess, we're both forums that discuss shit about doa, ok?

Once something with something going against one aspect of FSD the mods get mad and lock shit. It's not cool. I like FSD alot, but I would rather have locks when shit does get crazy than every topic that "potentially" could get out of hand get locked. What's the worse that could happen? Tell me..

Raansu

What's the difference between doaworld and FSD? Are we better than them or something? Lmfao that elitist shit kills me. Chill with that mess, we're both forums that discuss shit about doa, ok?

Once something with something going against one aspect of FSD the mods get mad and lock shit. It's not cool. I like FSD alot, but I would rather have locks when shit does get crazy than every topic that "potentially" could get out of hand get locked. What's the worse that could happen? Tell me..

Telling you to go to doaw is not being elitist, its just being blunt. If you don't like it then go somewhere else and I simply gave you a suggestion of where to go.

Dr Sexual

I think it goes both ways. Threads really do need to have a bit more leeway for arguments and general discussion before they are locked. Moderators need to understand that not everyone is as articulate with their opinions as they might be. And what may sound ignorant or stupid might actually be a valid point that they are trying to convey. Instead of locking immediately why not give in thread warnings or try and explain why the person is wrong. We need to allow for some garbage because if you really expect to only have well thought out, 100% relevant, unique topics on any message board eventually you're going to scare everyone off and only 2-3 people ever confident enough to post.

For posters, please understand the differences in the boards. The Main DOA5 board in my opinion should be used for general game system discussion. For what makes DOA5, DOA5 as a fighting game. Not for complaints, not for individual character talk (There are specific boards for that), not even really for things like netcode gripes. You should go to the DOA5 board to look for information, analyze or discuss ideas that you have in regards to getting better at the game itself. The DOA general board really should be where you go for all the other peripheral aspects of the game.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Raansu tells everyone to go to DOAW. I don't think he remembers why, anymore. It's just a good anti-everyone statement.

I don't get my jollies by locking threads, although basically anyone in any moderator position on any forum immediately has that image painted all over them when they do stuff like this. As clearly the message didn't get across the first seven times, ill go a little more in depth so you folks have a clear understanding from where we are sitting.

Sufficed to say, threads are locked because people (that is, the doa community) has a history of bringing up very, very similar topics which result in nothing but drama. Someone brings up why the game doesn't have more single player content? Within two pages I guarantee the thread will have spiraled into hardcore vs casual, and evolved into online vs offline, and then DOAW vs FSD or some other assorted lunacy. If a thread starts off about hold mechanics being fucked up, it only takes one guy like SilverKhaos to say something along the lines of wanting aerial holds to make everyone take up arms and start shitting on their own community by claiming its made up entirely of scrubs who want an easy way out of everything.

See, that's what you guys do. That's what you guys have a decade of history of doing. It's the same bullshit that's been going on for years.

But the fact of the matter is, this is a website built around the concept of playing and/or learning to play DOA competitively. Topics that are guaranteed to start a war that has already been fought five hundred times are not going to contribute to this.

Uncle Rikuto knows best. He knows the recipe for disaster and he has seen it happen hundreds of times already. You have a bunch of locked threads floating around now... and honestly, maybe I could just go ahead and delete them so the forum looks prettier and its not such an eyesore. Truthfully I like to keep them around for a bit, just so you guys can actually look back, see why they were closed, and hopefully learn something from it and not do the same thing again.

Apparently, that doesn't seem to work though, as this thread is clear evidence.

I don't enjoy locking threads and holding my fellow brothers down... that's just a bit of satire i play. But if I have to keep doing it, god knows I'm willing to learn how to enjoy it.

edit: I had forgotten, but since since you told me to grow the hell up without even understanding the reasons behind doing what we do... thread locked. Not to wave my dick around, but insulting me right off the bat by inferring I am somehow juvenile? Yea, not gonna work to your favor buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD