Mortal Kombat thread.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
whoops i thought you meant the mk11 story lol i misread that lol. yeah doa6 story was really bad

MK11's story mode is like the video game equivalent of a Michael Bay movie. Definitely not the highest form of story telling, lots of nonsense and silliness, but, damn, is it enjoyable, and the production value is through the roof. The presentation is like no other in any fighting game...

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
MK11's story mode is like the video game equivalent of a Michael Bay movie. Definitely not the highest form of story telling, lots of nonsense and silliness, but, damn, is it enjoyable, and the production value is through the roof. The presentation is like no other in any fighting game...
Can confirm. Chapter 1 made me cry a little.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Can confirm. Chapter 1 made me cry a little.

I was going to add that fans of the series, which I am not as a total noob, will probably enjoy it even more, because they have that nostalgia on top of everything. There are probably several moments in the story that will make fans very happy or very sad.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

That's me got the game this morning! :) And I just completed the story so I now feel like I can safely reenter this thread lol. :p

God that story was awesome, So many amazing moments throughout. As an MK fan and just in general I was really satisfied with everything in it.

Lol there was certain moments in the story where I was actually thinking to myself "Tyaren must have loved this" XD. MK's storymode's really are completely in a league of their own when it comes to fighting game stories.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
That's me got the game this morning! :) And I just completed the story so I now feel like I can safely reenter this thread lol. :p

God that story was awesome, So many amazing moments throughout. As an MK fan and just in general I was really satisfied with everything in it.

Lol there was certain moments in the story where I was actually thinking to myself "Tyaren must have loved this" XD. MK's storymode's really are completely in a league of their own when it comes to fighting game stories.

mine came in the morning, while i am stuck at work lol. will hopefully get some story done tonight if i have the energy lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor

That's how you return? No sassy I'm back bitches gif? :/ What a let-down, lol.

It's so you to finish the entire story mode in one sitting though. That's like over 4 hours, right?

I was indeed really impressed by the presentation of the story. Such a beautiful game. I think the cutscenes were prerendered though, but using in-game assets.
Did you guys notice how many environments there were in the story that aren't even part of the actual game? They created so much stuff just for the story mode. There were also what I assume were stages of past games in one sequence featuring Raiden and Liu Kang. Maybe we will get them later as DLC? In contrast to DOA6 the game already comes with over 20 beautiful stages though, so I am not complaining there aren't even more.

Jadeinchains

That's how you return? No sassy I'm back bitches gif? :/ What a let-down, lol.

It's so you to finish the entire story mode in one sitting though. That's like over 4 hours, right?

I was indeed really impressed by the presentation of the story. Such a beautiful game. I think the cutscenes were prerendered though, but using in-game assets.
Did you guys notice how many environments there were in the story that aren't even part of the actual game? They created so much stuff just for the story mode. There were also what I assume were stages of past games in one sequence featuring Raiden and Liu Kang. Maybe we will get them later as DLC? In contrast to DOA6 the game already comes with over 20 beautiful stages though, so I am not complaining there aren't even more.

Lol I actually hadn't thought to use any gifs. :p You'll have to wait until another time I guess lol. And yes that Is very me but how could I help myself after waiting all these years for MK11 to release. ;)

And yeah you can really see just how much effort and attention they put into making the storymode as captivating and great as possible. NR really are incredible when it comes to this sort of stuff.

zoo

Also despite the controversy around Skarlet's design and such she was one of my favorites in the story, her voice actress sold her flawlessly. Never really cared for the character before this game

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also despite the controversy around Skarlet's design and such she was one of my favorites in the story, her voice actress sold her flawlessly. Never really cared for the character before this game

Controversy? XD I don't want to even ask, but I assume it is because she is fully clothed in her default costume?
Do the people who are offended by that costume know she also has alternate versions like these?

40673052663_a890173f80_o.png

40673052093_f740107bca_o.png

You can take that mask off as well.

zoo

Controversy? XD I don't want to even ask, but I assume it is because she is fully clothed in her default costume?
Well not even just her outfit but the facial/hair changes too, on her reveal day a lot of ppl ranted about her looking like a tumblr chick or something lol. I personally thought she was generic in 9 so I've always liked the change, fits her character more I think

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well not even just her outfit but the facial/hair changes too, on her reveal day a lot of ppl ranted about her looking like a tumblr chick or something lol. I personally thought she was generic in 9 so I've always liked the change, fits her character more I think

That's no "controversy" though, but idiots on the internet being idiots.

Jadeinchains

Another thing I might add Is just how beautiful all the stages in this game look, I wasn't entirely a fan of the stages in MKX ( though they were still obviously very well done ) but In MK11 I absolutely am. And that blood red ocean stage is gorgeous.

Ninoasker

Skarlet is literally the most beautiful female in the game imo (which is funny cause in 9 she was basic af and pretty ugly if you ask me lmao), and I totally love the costumes where she has longer hair. Oh! And idk if its just me but something about her face reminds me of Becky G for some reason
1556052568502.png

1556052755742.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh wow lol, Tyaren was telling me about how unfair the towers of time were, I still haven't tried them out for myself but I was then expecting them to be unfair but that literally looks like it would be borderline impossible to actually win.

Some matches literally are impossible to win. Not even the AI, which was able to beat any match in Injustice 2, is able to beat the unfair Towers of Time in MK11 at this point.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD