My friends were right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

Gen Fu and Christie are leeeagues above any of the ninjas lol, only top tier Ninja is Ayane lol
This. Ninjas are aggravating as hell due to sheer ease and speed, but aside from ayane I wouldn't say op.

Ryus only advantage is Izuna and teleports, the latter is the annoying part because it truly is random unless you pick up a set player pattern.

Momiji pisses me off because every breath she takes launches you.

Ayanes a living buzzsaw who never slows down

Kasumi and Hayate are the simplest, no real tricks or gimmicks to either one.

Goten21

This. Ninjas are aggravating as hell due to sheer ease and speed, but aside from ayane I wouldn't say op.

Ryus only advantage is Izuna and teleports, the latter is the annoying part because it truly is random unless you pick up a set player pattern.

Momiji pisses me off because every breath she takes launches you.

Ayanes a living buzzsaw who never slows down

Kasumi and Hayate are the simplest, no real tricks or gimmicks to either one.
The annoying part about Ryu's teleport thing is that you can spam it sfm

You can side-step most of his teleport stance strings though, so it doesn't really matter lol

Brute

Standard Donor
You can side-step most of his teleport stance strings though, so it doesn't really matter lol
He only has one serious string from ongyoin, and you can't sidestep it.

The Shoho Izuna and 2P+KK are not really something you'd be sweating in a situation where you can SS, given that both can be interrupted mid-string.

Argentus

The annoying part about Ryu's teleport thing is that you can spam it sfm

Problem is you have no way of telling if its the ones you cab sidestep making it pointless.

There's literally too many options from that stance imo

Lulu

Problem is you have no way of telling if its the ones you cab sidestep making it pointless.

Well.... I know that if you can Freestep around him far enough then he can't hit you.

Brute

Standard Donor

In close range you can 2P him out of every option. Every single one. The only exception to this is (sometimes) his 6P+K, which is wildly unsafe on guard. So, in the very best case scenario for him where somehow the opponent only has 2P and block, Ryu has a 50% chance of success from the stance and if he guesses wrong he gets wrecked.

At range, you can hold 7. This will free step away from all of his teleports and freestep or block all of his attacks, the latter of which will always leave him at negative frames unless you for some reason let him finish the entire ongyoin PPP string on-guard.

When Ryu is in ongyoin, the opponent has a way higher chance of guessing right given the limitations on the speed of his options. The only reason people get popped by stuff is because they freeze up and think "Oh, well he's in stance so it's his turn." It isn't. He doesn't have "too many options." Get over it.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I said that because she's in the top 5 she's not S tier, but she's top 3 atleast.
Ayane's not top 3 and top 5 is still up for debate. The more I look over the characters, the more I believe that LeiFang is better than her overall. Though the actual Ayane/Leifang MU doesn't really favour LeiFang.

@UncleKitchener Did you just refer to Ayane as "simple"? Hayabusa is a bit tougher to use, but "Ayane" & "simple" or "simpler" don't belong in the same sentence.

@Brute Yeah I hate LeiFang's guts too...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
As a fighting game player, "Soul Calibur". "balance". Ha.

As a casual player, I'd say the OP most likely downloaded Core Fighters, ran into the four ninjas online cause for some reason Team NINJA thought that those four unlocked by default would be a good sample, and saw nothing but those four online, where the game isn't played right.

As a competitive player who mains a grappler, I would say this game is balanced. If you're a grappler though you can't play online since again, online you can't play right.

As a moderator, I would say this topic is now locked. If the original poster wants help with his poor skill, he (and anyone else) can ask for help with whichever character specific matchups they fail to comprehend. If he's left already then responding serves no more purpose than to inform others they should be free to ask the community for help if they're stuck.

As an owner, I would say have fun at 8WayRun. The community over there is just as good as over here at helping you understand the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD