My Issue With Rig....

Scornwell

Most importantly, I would never brag about beating someone with Bass online. I know my Bass is garbage and I know it's 90% online tactics. I know anytime I win with Bass, it has nothing to do with skill (although a lot of people don't even attempt to escape his frame traps, but whatever). I'm not sitting here posting my win percentage with Bass and saying I'm the best Bass player in the world.
Come on over to the Bass subforum and join the 4 people on FSD who play then! We love to share!

DrDogg

Side Step OH* my bad,

So you're telling me you can't defend against SS~tackle online? I rarely have trouble fighting against Mila players online. The lag is not fun, but it's not all that hard to deal with SS~tackle online. Rig is especially good at it in fact. I like to counterpick Mila players with Rig when I don't feel like playing the mirror match.

But of course, you would already know that being the best Rig around. Right?

>_>

Disadvantage? Are you serious?

1PP is -5 on block.
66P is -5 on block.
6PP is -4 on block.
9PKP is -4 on block.

Need I continue? You should really do your homework. Also, I can count the number of times I've lost to Bass on one hand. Even people who spam 1PP. It's not that difficult to avoid. I would think the number one Rig player would do so with ease.

>_>

You came into my thread coming at me disputing if I was a Rig main. You had no buisness doing that in the first place considering "You've never played my Rig" :/.

I pointed out my observation. You corrected me. That would have been the end of it, but then you followed by saying...

Yes I play Helena. But my Rig is my best. And I am the best Rig.(I said it. Get at me)

Sounds to me like you not only started this whole argument, but you asked for it. Take the consequences of your actions sir.

Come on over to the Bass subforum and join the 4 people on FSD who play then! We love to share!

I don't play Bass seriously. If he hadn't been nerfed so much from the earlier builds I might think about actually playing with him. For now, he's just my online scrub basher. ^_^

Scornwell

I don't play Bass seriously. If he hadn't been nerfed so much from the earlier builds I might think about actually playing with him. For now, he's just my online scrub basher. ^_^
We'll always be waiting with loving arms for the day that you want to come running home to your true calling, Mr. Dr. Dogg.

By the way, did you know that without any evidence to the contrary, I'm the best Bass ever?

DrDogg

We'll always be waiting with loving arms for the day that you want to come running home to your true calling, Mr. Dr. Dogg.

By the way, did you know that without any evidence to the contrary, I'm the best Bass ever?

I've actually heard that you're the reason no one plays Bass. They don't want to compete with your raw skillz.

Haydeeze

@DrDogg didn't you say a -7 offline is like a +12 online? I read it in another post I just haven't found it. All I'm saying is don't complain about "online tactics" when you yourself use them. I'm going to leave this arguement alone and get back to what this thread is about, bettering the skill of Rig players.

Also I want to clarify something....
When I said I was the "Best Rig" that clearly means I'm the best with the character I play with. When you sit back and think you are the best at what you do, you don't worry about losing. Now, that doesn't mean stop learning and stop gaining knowledge. It just means no matter how bad you played or how bad you lose, you will always be the best at what you do.
In fact this is a tactic in music as well. When you hear your artist talk about "being the best that ever did it" It makes there music appeal to you more and it makes there music better (in some cases at least). If you think you're the best, you don't worry about other people who do what you do, because in your eyes, you are better then them. All I really ment to do with that statement was get some people flared up and start some great Rig matches.

DrDogg

@DrDogg didn't you say a -7 offline is like a +12 online? I read it in another post I just haven't found it.

There's a variable 5-frame difference. Something that's -4 becomes roughly +1 or so. In the case of Bass, this doesn't matter much. At -5 he's around 0 at best... but he's also the slowest character in the game. Bass at 0 is not a threat to anyone.

All I'm saying is don't complain about "online tactics" when you yourself use them.

I don't complain about Bass players spamming 1PP. I also don't complain about Mila players spamming the tackle. Those are online tactics, but they're far from a guaranteed win.

Helena's online tactics give her a 10-0 match-up against the entire cast. There's no reason a Helena player should ever lose online. The fact that you would compare that to anything Bass has is pretty ridiculous.

Swinky15

Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of people online claiming to be the best, yet not bothering to show up offline. Look at me, this is my first DOA game and I do pretty good online and you don't see me bragging that I know anything about the game or that I am one of the best players. That's because I know that unless I go offline, all I'm doing is making baseless claims.
within that respect there are a couple of things you need to adress within the game there are casual and competetive players. If online didn't mean anything then how come someone like Electrified mann or xCaliburBladeSx perform so admirably well in an offline tournament... regardless of online or offline because unless ur playing against a 3 bar or lower your playing at an offline level of connnectivity with 4 or higher. thus said with the performance of Eman at DID didnt show u enough that one helena can be played at an extrememly high level even offline with none of the @DrDogg "Online Tactics". thusly if you can best players of your own skill level and higher with ease with a character that your using whether it be rig,helena,jann lee, hayate, or anyone for that matter you can say your the best with that character regardless of whether or not you play online or offline.

Swinky15

The fact of the matter is that if you are an S+ and you play another S+ in a mirror match and you beat him handily you can say that your better then him. this continues until you have achieved the most amount of points and your constantly within the top 100 which @haydeeze is. and @DrDogg when u say u dont remember the stream your just talking up your ass bc i was there watching it when you and mystic were in some kind of video call and mystic got handed by xBlondie7x and xSA Hades. before you go shooting your mouth off understand what your talking about before you go talking out of your @ss sir

Swinky15

There's a variable 5-frame difference. Something that's -4 becomes roughly +1 or so. In the case of Bass, this doesn't matter much. At -5 he's around 0 at best... but he's also the slowest character in the game. Bass at 0 is not a threat to anyone.

I don't complain about Bass players spamming 1PP. I also don't complain about Mila players spamming the tackle. Those are online tactics, but they're far from a guaranteed win.

Helena's online tactics give her a 10-0 match-up against the entire cast. There's no reason a Helena player should ever lose online. The fact that you would compare that to anything Bass has is pretty ridiculous.
that is actually a lie until they nerf jann lee he will destroy her for days with that reset combo. otherwise unless u rush down with her she has a pretty poor range game. and other then that most of her moves are all mids so as long as you determine whether a mid kick or punch is coming then you can guess her correctly. there is no shame in losing if your a helena player because no one is perfect. putting yourself on that high horse is just rediculous.

Raansu

within that respect there are a couple of things you need to adress within the game there are casual and competetive players. If online didn't mean anything then how come someone like Electrified mann or xCaliburBladeSx perform so admirably well in an offline tournament...

They also used a character tech that no one had seen yet nor had time to adjust to. I doubt we'll see those same results in the next DoA major.

regardless of online or offline because unless ur playing against a 3 bar or lower your playing at an offline level of connnectivity with 4 or higher.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no, not even fucking close. Even in a 5 bar connection there is still a delay. I have blocked low attacks that leave players at -17 and I still ate a jab to the face because frame data is so jacked up online, even in "perfect" connections. So get that shit out of your mind right now. Offline is offline, there is no substitute.

thusly if you can best players of your own skill level and higher with ease with a character that your using whether it be rig,helena,jann lee, hayate, or anyone for that matter you can say your the best with that character regardless of whether or not you play online or offline.

No, you cannot. Unless you consistently win against the best players in a tournament setting you cannot claim to be the best of anything. I've beaten many of the top players online and I used to claim to be the best Hitomi player out there, but I've actually learned the differences between online and offline and know better than to make stupid comments like that.

The fact of the matter is that if you are an S+ and you play another S+ in a mirror match and you beat him handily you can say that your better then him. this continues until you have achieved the most amount of points and your constantly within the top 100 which @haydeeze is.

I was ranked 1 during the first week the game was out. I stayed in the top 10 throughout all of October while playing ranked pretty casually. I haven't consistently played ranked for 2 months and haven't actually played a ranked match in roughly about 3 weeks now and I'm still in the top 100 (61 atm). Most of the people that play ranked are bad. On average I can play 50 matches and only lose about 5-10 of them, and most of those losses are me becoming bored of fighting the same person and picking a character that I pretty much never use. It's not difficult to rack up a winning streak/streak points in a ranked match. With that said, I don't consider myself a good player, and using the leaderboards as a way to gauge skill is pure idiocy as it is extremely easy to rank up in this game. If I really wanted to I could easily get back up into the top 20, but I don't play ranked, or the game itself enough to really care.

DrDogg

this continues until you have achieved the most amount of points and your constantly within the top 100 which @haydeeze is.

I'm top 100 as well. So what? That means even less than an online win.

and @DrDogg when u say u dont remember the stream your just talking up your ass bc i was there watching it when you and mystic were in some kind of video call and mystic got handed by xBlondie7x and xSA Hades. before you go shooting your mouth off understand what your talking about before you go talking out of your @ss sir

That wasn't Mystik's stream, that was a Destructoid stream. I've never been on Mystik's stream, and I don't recall playing against Hades on Destructoid's stream. Since you seemed to miss this comment, I'll post it again...

As I said, I have never played on Mystik's stream... ever. Are you thinking of a different stream? The only time I've ever played DOA when Mystik was in the room (or on any non-tournament stream) was on the Destructoid stream (back in October), and unless you left early, you were not there. At most, I lost one time because I played until I lost without playing Mystik or Foom (Dtoid).

So, to quote your poor English again, "before you go shooting your mouth off understand what your talking about before you go talking out of your @ss sir".

thus said with the performance of Eman at DID didnt show u enough that one helena can be played at an extrememly high level even offline with none of the @DrDogg "Online Tactics". thusly if you can best players of your own skill level and higher with ease with a character that your using whether it be rig,helena,jann lee, hayate, or anyone for that matter you can say your the best with that character regardless of whether or not you play online or offline.

Raansu already said pretty everything that needs to be said to you, but I'll just add a little snippet.

I never once said that there are no good players online. I simply said that you cannot prove you're the best using online wins. Emann and XBladez did not prove their skill through online wins. They proved it by going to DID and NEC respectively. When Hades has a similar performance then he can say what he wants about being the best.

And for the record, both Emann and XBladez used online tactics to do well at those tournaments. Luckily they were playing against people who had very little knowledge of those tactics and therefore did not know how to defend against them. That's the fault of the community.

HiguraShiki

Honestly, I think Haydeez just started the argument because he doesn't like you. Which is a pretty stupid reason to start an argument. Just the fact that he doesn't bother to listen to your points shows he just wanted to tell you off.
Again, another reason why I have no respect for "Online Warriors"

@Swinky15: Online can be used for practice, but if you base your playstyle off of things you get away with online, it will not help. What Raansu was trying to say was that the only reason those people went far were because they were using things people haven't seen. They were still playing the same way they do online and weren't punishing things that would have otherwise tip the scale in their favor.
I don't understand why people just don't want to listen to the people who know how to play the game. In all the competitive fighting game sites I have been to, most people don't make a huge fuss about online being legit. Most people know the difference between online and offline play, yet there are still online warriors walking around here. It's really just sad.

Raansu

Honestly, I think Haydeez just started the argument because he doesn't like you. Which is a pretty stupid reason to start an argument. Just the fact that he doesn't bother to listen to your points shows he just wanted to tell you off.

@Swinky15: Online can be used for practice, but if you base your playstyle off of things you get away with online, it will not help. What Raansu was trying to say was that the only reason those people went far were because they were using things people haven't seen. They were still playing the same way they do online and weren't punishing things that would have otherwise tip the scale in their favor.
I don't understand why people just don't want to listen to the people who know how to play the game. In all the competitive fighting game sites I have been to, most people don't make a huge fuss about online being legit. Most people know the difference between online and offline play, yet there are still online warriors walking around here. It's really just sad.

There are online warriors in every community, it's just DoA draws in a lot of casuals, and on top of that our community is pretty small so it just seems like they are more "vocal."

Edit:

And for the record, Emann and Blades are good players. I'm not trying to take that away from them, but people keep using them as an example for offline results in a game that is only 3 months old while using a character that was more or less redesigned and using tech that no one really knew about.

Swinky15

things people havent seen? its helena there hasnt been much added to her... at offline tournaments if you are truely a skilled player then you should be able to understand what the other character is going to do. im not trying to argue with you just that its based as much on skill as on the character... an F jann lee cant beat an S+ anybody even thought the character is op. that being said at an offline tournament people should have been experienced enough to counter those issues with unknowns about characters. but in the case of calibur he plays on xbox. he went to the NEC's and played a tournament on a different system and still ended up winning at a regional tournament... if online had nothing to do with it then i dont know what did.

Swinky15

[/quote]
I never once said that there are no good players online. I simply said that you cannot prove you're the best using online wins. Emann and XBladez did not prove their skill through online wins. They proved it by going to DID and NEC respectively. When Hades has a similar performance then he can say what he wants about being the best.

And for the record, both Emann and XBladez used online tactics to do well at those tournaments. Luckily they were playing against people who had very little knowledge of those tactics and therefore did not know how to defend against them. That's the fault of the community.[/quote]
5 bucks says that they could beat you online or offline. just get your panties out of a bunch just because you are butt hurt because u just think that your on some kind of high horse that makes your opinion so much more correct then anyone elses... im done ive said my share. im out.

Raansu

things people havent seen? its helena there hasnt been much added to her... at offline tournaments if you are truely a skilled player then you should be able to understand what the other character is going to do. im not trying to argue with you just that its based as much on skill as on the character...

Ya sorry but it doesn't work like that. The game is still new, just because they are top players doesn't mean they have seen every trick in the book. No one had really seen Helena's pseudo force tech game until D.i.D 8. I had only seen it once online against Mamba like a few days before D i D happened and I really didn't even know what was going on. She's not that popular and rarely used on top of the fact that she does play fairly different now. This isn't anything new to DoA either. Other communities have had similar things happen where someone finds new tech, steam rolls a tournament then a few months down the line people figure out how the tech works and the guy doesn't do nearly as well. DoA5 is new, tech that people haven't seen is highly possible, especially in DoA5 where parlor tricks are common.

an F jann lee cant beat an S+ anybody even thought the character is op.

I'm in the top 100 on the xbox and I'm a F rank on the PS3. So which is it? Do I suck or am I awesome? Seriously, get that rank shit out of your head, its a meaningless letter. It will only make you rage when I randomly log onto the ps3 and you lose to a "F" ranked player.

Edit:

And LOL at the Jann Lee is OP comment. There is nothing OP about him ya damn scrub.

DrDogg

5 bucks says that they could beat you online or offline. just get your panties out of a bunch just because you are butt hurt because u just think that your on some kind of high horse that makes your opinion so much more correct then anyone elses... im done ive said my share. im out.

When did I ever say that I was better than XBladez or EMann?

I'm starting to see a trend between the ignorant comments and the people who think online means something. One in the same...

Oh, and a vast majority of the competitive fighting game community shares my opinion. It's not even really an opinion. It's just common knowledge. I guess we're all on our high horses.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD