DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
This has been bugging me for a while now so let me ask; why the hell are ms monday
Why Not? After Honokow and the corpsefucking(Via Miss Monday mind you) of Raidou they can write some bullshit about her downloading Yaiba's technique into her brain and it would still be less lame than the cow.
Going by that anime they released starring her, she actually has some pretty strong Jujitsu chops :) So she would fit right in.
niki in the options?
Again, why the hell not? There are so many recons in the story and besides I wouldn't mind having another black girl in the roster. I would prefer that over another Mary Sue who got her ass kicked in NG2

Kronin

I would love Irene but she has no chances: the added character is supposed to be a new original one for gameplay - overall considering that we have already Raidou and Honoka as different copycat kind of charas - but almost surely even for appearence.

Last edited:

Kronin

like Vanessa and Goh id still like Irene, just not right now.

Irene is not enough popular for justifying so much hype behind her (contrarily to Momiji or to the new entries Marie Rose and Honoka that were easy bets for the fandom's preference), so if she will ever come definitely it will not be now... and the addition in the DoA roster of a kind of character as Goh it's my secret wish! xD

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

People still request Irene these days? jesus. Think bigger. Ah well whatever, it does not matter who joins in the roster anymore.

Rachel made it in and itagaki himself even said he didnt want her in doa too (then again, his opinion clearly has no more value with regards to the series... and as far as im concerned, anything else).

Banana56

Rachel made it in and itagaki himself even said he didnt want her in doa too (then again, his opinion clearly has no more value with regards to the series... and as far as im concerned, anything else).

Everything in DOA5/U/LR he hates and disapproves of. Yeah his opinion on the series is irrelevant.

Argentus

This has been bugging me for a while now so let me ask; why the hell are ms monday, rio and niki in the options?

I haven't played yaiba but monday never came across to me as a fighter (kinda goes against the game's tagline). The same goes with niki as well; neither of them are even playable (unlike Lisa and rio is an exception since she's a guest character) or have shown any sign of being able to fight (unlike Irene) so it seems like a real stretch to even consider adding them.

Out of all the existing girls that aren't playable, Irene is the most obvious choice to become playable (I honestly believe its inevitable, either as the dlc character or in doa6) so I'd narrow it down to either her or a new girl.
A) I think wed rather have them then a third moeblob with Maries face
B) originally Lisa was just a volleyball playing secretary or something so not a stretch to make up a style for Rio (who HAS fought in her anime BTW).

Though on the topic of Irene being inevitable, I'm honestly curious if the NG characters count as guests or if they'll become mainstays. Same with VF really.

P2p1mbs

Though on the topic of Irene being inevitable, I'm honestly curious if the NG characters count as guests or if they'll become mainstays. Same with VF really.

theyve treated rachel and momiji no differently than the other girls; lots of dlc costumes, a private paradise movie and both were clearly considered for doax3 with momiji making the cut and im sure both would be included if TN had the funding to add in everyone.

i think thats a good indicator that theyre here to stay. rachel in particular no longer has a role in the ng games so it wouldnt be too hard to put her in doa permanently and never show up in ng again (especially since her story reasoning for appearing ultimate was that she was a fan of the previous tournaments)

then of course theres ryu himself...

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
A) I think wed rather have them then a third moeblob with Maries face
B) originally Lisa was just a volleyball playing secretary or something so not a stretch to make up a style for Rio (who HAS fought in her anime BTW).

there's really no reason why they couldn't stay like Ryu aside from popularity. on the other hand there is a big reason VF cant stay

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
Actually they are doing another announcement very soon, it should include the latest DLC, new stage and new character, along with maybe DOAX3 info.
69aa4367gw1eyvkfxqmomj20hs0vkwjt.jpg

EDIT: Looks like there will be no info on the new character on Dec. 16th stream.
CWRfRO2UkAApLta.png

Last edited:

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
Are you basing this just on the current circumstances or can you actually read that?
Well it just says that to celebrate the 5 mil download of core fighters, they will do a live stream on 16th, and giving away two outfits for Ayane/Kasumi for free.
While I can understand it, it didn't say any detail on what is going to be streamed. However, since Hayashi is hosting the event, I think it is very possible that they will at least release season pass 3 and stuff.
69aa4367gw1eyvkfiet8cj20hs0vkwk8.jpg

Plus [Tatsunoko Mashup Set] + [Design Award Costumes 2015 Set] have appeared recently.

werewolfgold

WHATCHU WANT?!

On January 12, they're going to make the Tamiki Wakaki costumes for Kasumi and Ayane free.

Either that, or he's designing two more for Ayane and Kasumi.

EDIT: It says "Inhuman Armor (Heaven)" for Kasumi and "Inhuman Armor (Supremacy)" for Ayane. I don't know if that's what the current outfits are called, so they may be new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD