DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana56

If Korean, id prefer more like Gogo from big hero six
gogo.png

tumblr_n8ditgppeK1rlj07qo1_1280.png

tumblr_nc9d9kBtsm1rcnkw9o1_250.gif

Because I'm just so tired of generically cute girls. I want the new girl to have some flavor to her, yaknow?

Someone like her would be pretty cool, and yeah I get what your saying. The cast does need variety, and a "cool" girl is definitely needed.

I'd also like if we had a Korean girl who looks/acts similar to Chae Lim from King Of Fighters
latest

Me want Kasumi

This game still doesn't have a dere type character (or does it). Maybe the next character whether female or male will be the firs
5ojVmEv.jpg

Argentus

Someone like her would be pretty cool, and yeah I get what your saying. The cast does need variety, and a "cool" girl is definitely needed.

I'd also like if we had a Korean girl who looks/acts similar to Chae Lim from King Of Fighters
latest
I have no idea who that is but she is so goddamn hot to me, especially her hair, so im inclined to agree.

But yeah based in her reveal and initial appearance, I was hoping/expecting Mila would be this type if girl outside if bass fangasms, but it didn't happen.

Chisa

I'd give them a 3/5 on DLC characters personally. Phase 4 was already in the story, and despite initial appearances is a lot like Alpha in that she doesn't really play like Kas once you start getting into it. Tengu fits pretty well into the game, they gave her a lot of personality that they forgot to give the other dlc girls. Raidou may be reusing moves, but I think he's pretty fun with his EGWF and interesting throw inputs. Honoka was a good idea (fast raidou) but the execution was decidedly lame.

Unforunately with Marie Rose they decided to give her the most boring design out of the concepts they made. They could have made her loli bayman and it would have been pretty cool. View attachment 12868

I think all of these are better than what we got.

I really liked that blonde girl with white jacket and those early Marie Rose lolitas. Such a shame indeed.

If it's a guy (which i hope but doubt) i hope it's someone who has ''goth'' look going on.

Still hoping for a pin up girl who would be inspired by Audrey Hepburn but that's not japanese thing so it's not going to happen. My biggest problem with TN's designs are i feel like all characters dresses pretty much same when i prefer characters who clearly have their own style example. Marie with her lolita dresses and platform shoes.

Kronin

I really like the "white coat" Marie Rose version, even if I think that is a character more fitting for a JRPG as Final Fantasy.

well one of those is basically Honoka, so maybe they have plans for the spunky(top right) and more mature(white coat)

The page listed concept arts for all the DLC characters. This isn't an alternative version of Marie Rose that later happened to become Honoka, but just a concept art of the latter (from what I realized).

If the new character is female, I hope she is kinda what Marie Rose was suppose to be before. A young female kung fu fighter with a serious and tsunadre attitude who'd have a rivalry with Ayane.

By the way from that panel is clear how the rivalry with Ayane is supposed to be for Eliot's heart xD

I think that they already used the "rivalry" concept for Nyotengu, more included for the kunoichi even a relationship with a deep potential through Honoka (and of course we can't forget Raidou). At this point I really doubt that at this point we will get another character relating with Ayane when already 3 do (will do) it.

Lady Tengu

People hope it's a guy but want him a sorta feminine? (Goth ect) like if it's a new guy make him as badass as possible not no femme guy seriously if you want that just make a gothic type girl. I personally don't get it, also another thing I love how some people were like I hope for Irene yet I'm the only one who voted for her. XD

Kronin

People hope it's a guy but want him a sorta feminine? (Goth ect) like if it's a new guy make him as badass as possible not no femme guy seriously if you want that just make a gothic type girl. I personally don't get it, also another thing I love how some people were like I hope for Irene yet I'm the only one who voted for her. XD

Personally I like the idea of a feminine guy (or a masculine girl) just for a variety matter - inside the DoA roster - not because I think that you can get a badass character only with a guy and not with a girl =)

Honestly I would like to get a male character (again, for a variety in the roster matter for reminding that even the other gender is important withouth giving priority always to the females ones, not for other reasons) and surely the best female chacter that they could add for me would be Irene. But the thread was about your expectations for the next character and so I interpreted it as what do you think will be the next one, not what would you like to be.

In my case I'm pretty sure that we will get a new female character for both appearence and moveset: the announcement of this (first in my opinion) DLC for a female character got an hype comparable to the one of the announcement of the first DLC character for DoA5U, something happened so much time in advance compared to the effective release. In the end TN's provided us Marie Rose, the DLC character more different for both appearence and moveset... just like if they wanted start since the beginning with the best that they had under the "news" matter (with this I'm not saying that a such character has to be necessarily better of something already partially known). And of course a new male wouldn't be considered a such "news" as a new female.

For this reason, if TN is going to give us another series of DLC characters, I'm pretty sure that at least the first one will resemble the characteristics of Marie Rose's case. Irene could be DLC potential for a next character after this one: I still fail to realize how much she is popular in Japan, so I can't say if to release her as first (or at all) DLC character could be seen like a so much great news from that side of the fanbase. A fresh character is maybe a more sure bet for it with the "never seen before" element.

Last edited:

Chisa

I meant characters like Dragunov (Tekken), Goh (VF) and Allen (Kensei: Sacred Fist) when i said ''goth''. Probably wrong word to describe them but i don't know any other word to their ghost look.

Kronin

New VF guest character?
vf5-eileen-jpg.177

I hope not. I would prefer Sanji from NG.

I don't think that we will get a new VF guest but at the time of pre-release/release of DoA5U, Hayashi in a Japanese interview mentioned as the team got many requests for the addition of Eileen or Aoi.

I would like to get characters as Sanji or Yaiba (or even VF Kage-Maru if I wouldn't know that he is fated to remain only a guest without return in the next game), but I really think that for a sake of variety TN should abandon the idea to add other ninjutsu practitioner (even if this is an hard thing because just like the female characters are the most popular, even the ninjutsu seem to be the most appreciated fighting style in the game). I would like to see a focus them on new kind of fighting styles unrelated from the ninja: both realistic ones as in the case of Mila or Rig, or fictional ones as in the case of Marie or Nyo.
And I say all this as a fan of the cool moves of the ninjutsu styles in the game.

The only exception that I would do is for Genra's moveset, something that for the sake of his fans - and completion of DoA's legacy - would be nice to see back in the game as already happened for Raidou or Bankotsubo.

Last edited:

Number 13

Very low chance it will be a male given that I highly doubt KT/TN would hype up such a character for months that is likely the last one for DoA 5 given all their previous development agendas of having the male fighters be an afterthought. If female it's about 50/50 they are gonna pump out another MR/Honoka moe type character [It was positively received] or they will simply branch out to a different kind of female. Doubt they will do any more VF guests or anything from Yaiba at this point. Might be a cameo from something else though since they already shown they are not shy about the idea about collaborations.

Banana56

Because if people are hoping for variety, wouldn't you rather have a somewhat femine guy as oppose to another macho man (not that its a bad thing but still)?

People want masculine and/or tomboyish girls in DOA as well. Just because a character is of a certain gender doesn't mean they all have to act extremely on it.

Banana56

If the next character is Genra's inheritor, I wonder how they'll be like and whether they have a connection to him or not.

Tempest

GOHYAKUMINE BANKOTSUBOOOOOOOOOOO
WITH THE ABILITY TO CHANGE ENVIRONMENT USING TAUNTS ON HIS NEWLY RELEASED STAGE
E4pvhRv.gif
I don't know what's going on there but it looks pretty awesome. Does changing the environment have a practical effect?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If it's Miss Monday, I'm sure they'll just slap a random fighting style in there without explaining how she ever learned it because that's just how people are. Let us demand a character (That's not even a main character either mind you lol.) into the game with a fighting style she never learned! Along with that, let's clone her to create Queen Wednesday and Empress Sunday into the game too. That's like picking Tails over Sonic because.......uh well, no reason at all really.

On a serious note, I do prefer Miss Monday over to say....Irene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD