DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I swear, Koei/Omega Force games are always about a generation behind with their graphics. Thankfully this isn't the same with Tecmo.

What's the last Tecmo game that released that wasn't Team NINJA created or Fatal Frame? I'm referring to before the KT merger.

Oh, yeah. Tokobot+:

Which was a PSP conversion to PS2, so if you don't count that then Trapt:

That is if you are also excluding their Japanese-only release, Rio's Slot Machine Gambling Simulator (Rasshou! Pachislo Sengen 4: Shin Mogu Mogu Fuurinkasan Rio de Carnival):
220px-Rakushou%21_Pachi-Slot_Sengen_6_-_Rio_2_Cruising_Vanadis_-_Tecmo_PlayStation_2_cover.jpg

Banana56

Seems DOAX3 will only have 9 characters that get the most votes. Makes me wonder why TN didn't wait until the next character was announced to do this contest. I can see it being one of the 2

A.The next character is a male
B.The next character is a female who will be in DOAX3 anyway and is likely the mascot to DOAX3

Argentus

Seems DOAX3 will only have 9 characters that get the most votes. Makes me wonder why TN didn't wait until the next character was announced to do this contest. I can see it being one of the 2

A.The next character is a male
B.The next character is a female who will be in DOAX3 anyway and is likely the mascot to DOAX3
What contest?

Banana56

What contest?

Its said 9 characters are going to be in DOAX3 and the characters will be determined based off who from the 15 character themes gets the most downloads which are considered votes.

I have a good feeling 8/9 of them are

-Kasumi
-Ayane
-Marie Rose
-Honoka
-Hitomi
-Lei Fang
-Kokoro
-Momiji

Argentus

Its said 9 characters are going to be in DOAX3 and the characters will be determined based off who from the 15 character themes gets the most downloads which are considered votes.

I have a good feeling 8/9 of them are

-Kasumi
-Ayane
-Marie Rose
-Honoka
-Hitomi
-Lei Fang
-Kokoro
-Momiji
Oh. Yeah no way mila would make it in so I'll pass lol.

SoftCabbage

Its ironic. I remember Itagaki making a remark on Dynasty Warriors saying something along the lines of its pointless to have a bunch of enemies on the screen if they cant kill you. I would love to play a Dynasty Warriors game with all those fuckers on screen if they all fought like they were from NG: Black.

As an old fan, I can't deny that DW is total brainless now. It's Quantity over Quality now.

Imbalance game where you can do all flashy shit while enemies can't even provide challenges. The difference with Easy and Chaos? Damage and Health multiplier. Fking joke.

Older DWs only have a few soldiers on screen, but they're actually reactive and fighting. Made me afraid to even play in Normal difficulty.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
When your company gets BOUGHT by another, the buying company typically remains on top since the bought company wasn't doing their job well enough to avoid being bought out. Koei wouldn't have bought the company if it meant they had no say in anything, and the surviving family basically gave the company away to Koei meaning Koei was able to become majority share holder by more than a 51-49 amount.

Your statement is accurate, when pertaining to the West. In the east however, the series is regarded as a AAA game and sells extremely well in each of its sequels each time they come out. Especially since they've tapped into the "Use the system in an existing hot IP skin" market.

Because Tecmo's president died and the leading game director left the company over mismanagement complaints to the point of suing the company. There basically is no Tecmo anymore, because they were bought since they had no stock value.

Uh I think you're exaggerating a bit on outstanding sales... maybe before TK happened (2003-pre); but since the game series has been lucky to break 500,000 copies, and it hasn't in 4-5 years. The reputation of Koei's games continues to plummet, while DOA continues to garner some press and butt-loads of downloads with a solid tournament scene.

Before you use another capital word on me, I know Koei bought them, and they are in charge; but how it happened and why it happened boggles my mind. It boggles my mind that such a low quality brand picked up TN... their library is full of some of the best games, and they've always deserved better.

The marketing for DOA sucks. I will not point fingers I guess, but wow... almost a year long wait for a character and DOAX3 for the east only, even though the east never gave the franchise a chance. And to tighten the noose, of course it's exclusive to PS4. I'm guessing Sony struck a deal with them since it's on the Vita as well. So I'm pretty sure any plans for it being released in the west are done.

It's great to be a Team NINJA fan this year!... My recommendation to everyone is to put your money at the tournament scene because we aren't getting jack shit.

Argentus

As an old fan, I can't deny that DW is total brainless now. It's Quantity over Quality now.

Imbalance game where you can do all flashy shit while enemies can't even provide challenges. The difference with Easy and Chaos? Damage and Health multiplier. Fking joke.

Older DWs only have a few soldiers on screen, but they're actually reactive and fighting. Made me afraid to even play in Normal difficulty.
As someone who only played 2, 5, and 8, I can say that's not really true. There's been some variables between games but its not like its a steady decline, more of a back and forth.

Anyways I freaking love 8xl

Honestly she is a good candidate for #9.

It should be between Mila, Helena, and Nyotengu.
We both know shed be last in line out of those three lol.

Not saying she's UNpopular, just that I think she's likely the LEAST popular girl.

MeadowSpirit

Uh I think you're exaggerating a bit on outstanding sales... maybe before TK happened (2003-pre); but since the game series has been lucky to break 500,000 copies, and it hasn't in 4-5 years. The reputation of Koei's games continues to plummet, while DOA continues to garner some press and butt-loads of downloads with a solid tournament scene.

Before you use another capital word on me, I know Koei bought them, and they are in charge; but how it happened and why it happened boggles my mind. It boggles my mind that such a low quality brand picked up TN... their library is full of some of the best games, and they've always deserved better.

The marketing for DOA sucks. I will not point fingers I guess, but wow... almost a year long wait for a character and DOAX3 for the east only, even though the east never gave the franchise a chance. And to tighten the noose, of course it's exclusive to PS4. I'm guessing Sony struck a deal with them since it's on the Vita as well. So I'm pretty sure any plans for it being released in the west are done.

It's great to be a Team NINJA fan this year!... My recommendation to everyone is to put your money at the tournament scene because we aren't getting jack shit.
The negative nancies are in full force today.

You're not waiting "almost a year" for a new character. TN decided to announce way ahead of time that they plan to release a new character next year. They could just as easily have waited several more months before announcing the character and new stage. That would have made you happy, I suppose?

No one knows whether or not DOAX3 will come to the West and what platforms it will be on. Sony didn't need to strike deal with anybody for this release. Xbox sales are a joke in Japan, so PS4 exclusive is the only thing that makes sense. And if you're a fan of Japanese imports then you bought the wrong console.

I could have sworn they just released a new stage and patch for free and they're continuing DLC support, which is quite a bit more than "jack shit". And many of us don't have the time or money to travel for gaming, so fuck your "tournament scene".

Banana56

I honestly don't understand why TN won't just add all 16 (or 17 depending on what gender the new character is) characters to DOAX3. There'd be more variety and the game would sell more imo.

SoftCabbage

They could grab extra money to sell "the less populars" as DLC.

Yea, yea, in the article it says "no DLC". I sooooooooo believe in that.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
It's interesting to think about how she originated from a DOAX game and likely won't be in the new one
This is the messed up part it ruins the continuity. I despise they way TN has made this into a popularity contest, not all the females are waifu bait but they still have fans.
I dont want to bring up race but, the final 9 is just going to be white and lighskined asian women. Lisa's the diversity this game needs.
Im curious how they are going about selecting the males.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD