News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Only one I ever played was the zelda one on the WiiU and it about put me to sleep. I don't see how mashing one button to kill hundreds of of basically dummies on the field is even remotely fun.

at the very least you weren't one of the people who constantly talked shit then praised Hyrule Warriors just because it was Zelda flavored Musou. you stand by your hatred and i can respect that.

SoftCabbage

Only one I ever played was the zelda one on the WiiU and it about put me to sleep. I don't see how mashing one button to kill hundreds of of basically dummies on the field is even remotely fun.

Actually, there's more than more than 1 button.

Cross : Jump
Square: Normal attack
Triangle: Charge attack
Chain of Square +Triangle: Combo attack
Chain of Triangle + Square: Godspeed combo attack (SW)
Cross + Triangle: Jump charge
Cross + Square: Jump attack
Circle: Musou
R1 + Circle: Musou 2 (DW)
X + Circle: Musou 3 (DW)
D-Pad: Call mounts
L3: Musou Rage
Musou Rage + Circle: True Musou Rage
L1: Block
L1 + Cross: Step (SW)
R1: Switch weapon (DW) / Special (SW)
Being hit + Cross: Shadow Dash (SW)

It's 2016 now and I can confirm the number of button inputs above are still more than 1.

xXSilverSearcherxX

Actually, there's more than more than 1 button.

Cross : Jump
Square: Normal attack
Triangle: Charge attack
Chain of Square +Triangle: Combo attack
Chain of Triangle + Square: Godspeed combo attack (SW)
Cross + Triangle: Jump charge
Cross + Square: Jump attack
Circle: Musou
R1 + Circle: Musou 2 (DW)
X + Circle: Musou 3 (DW)
D-Pad: Call mounts
L3: Musou Rage
Musou Rage + Circle: True Musou Rage
L1: Block
L1 + Cross: Step (SW)
R1: Switch weapon (DW) / Special (SW)
Being hit + Cross: Shadow Dash (SW)

It's 2016 now and I can confirm the number of button inputs above are still more than 1.
woah.gif

Raansu

at the very least you weren't one of the people who constantly talked shit then praised Hyrule Warriors just because it was Zelda flavored Musou. you stand by your hatred and i can respect that.

I don't hate those games, I just don't see the appeal of just mashing through waves of basically dummies that don't really fight back.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I don't hate those games, I just don't see the appeal of just mashing through waves of basically dummies that don't really fight back.

trust me they fight back, the problem the games have is they arent balanced at all so you can easily under level,over level, get one-shot, get stun locked to oblivion, etc...

its amazes me how many people play a game on easy mode then wonder why its so easy.

Banana56

1.They do fight back
2.They require following missions
3.They require using strategies
4.They have stories based off ancient Asian countries (well at least Dynasty and Samurai Warriors)

That and the game is overall fun. The game is definitely appealing.

Koenji

Standard Donor
I joined this pretty late but..

When TN characters invade the world of TK everyone is happy.
When vice versa happens everyone is upset..? Im confused.

I can see why everyone is upset with her addition but I think it just TK trying to tie in some of their characters to the DOA series like they've done in a couple Tecmo Koei games.. In a way, maybe a form of respect.

I like this character. Her weapons were one of the main ones I used to run around with in Samurai Warriors 4. She's quite weird as an addition to DOA at first glance, but it just adds to the Kasumi Clones, Ninjas, Cyborg Ninjas, Copycats, Pokey-Poke Fingers, Drunken Fighter, Winged Tengu's, VF's and other that are in this game currently.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

I can see why everyone is upset with her addition but I think it just TK trying to tie in some of their characters to the DOA series like they've done in a couple Tecmo Koei games.. In a way, maybe a form of respect.

I like this character. Her weapons were one of the main ones I used to run around with in Samurai Warriors 4. She's quite weird as an addition to DOA at first glance, but it just adds to the Kasumi Clones, Ninjas, Cyborg Ninjas, Copycats, Pokey-Poke Fingers, Drunken Fighter, Winged Tengu's, VF's and other that are in this game currently.

there wasn't a lot of hype behind NGs inclusion in WO3 and if you didn't like them there was 100 other characters to chose from. KOIE also has very diverse cast and any time a new one gets added theres a good chance it can really be anything. DOA used to be only girls, now it seems to have narrowed down to only Moe girls. dont like the moe girl? then wait and MAYBE 6th months later we'll give you ANOTHER moe girl.

its a game where there is nothing new or interesting to look forward to.

Number 13

Except there aren't just moe girls. Phase 4/Nyotengu doesn't fit in that for one as relatively recent examples. I wouldn't consider maybe 3 or 4 max of the entire female portion of the roster being moe affiliated a danger to those that prefer their women being femme fatales that still hold the clear majority.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Except there aren't just moe girls. Phase 4/Nyotengu doesn't fit in that for one as relatively recent examples. I wouldn't consider maybe 3 or 4 max of the entire female portion of the roster being moe affiliated a danger to those that prefer their women being femme fatales that still hold the clear majority.

All the new characters have been moe. Phase and Nyotengu are just modifications of previous characters

Banana56

there wasn't a lot of hype behind NGs inclusion in WO3 and if you didn't like them there was 100 other characters to chose from. KOIE also has very diverse cast and any time a new one gets added theres a good chance it can really be anything. DOA used to be only girls, now it seems to have narrowed down to only Moe girls. dont like the moe girl? then wait and MAYBE 6th months later we'll give you ANOTHER moe girl.

Phase 4 and NyoTengu aren't moe girls though. Marie Rose, Honoka, and Naotora are it now.

All the new characters have been moe. Phase and Nyotengu are just modifications of previous characters

Still doesn't make them moe :confused:

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm sure I have already said this a thousand times already. Some people felt disappointed, because they wanted the new character to be a DOA original, and to be unique in many different ways:
- Design
- Nationality
- Fighting Style
- etc.

Argentus

Oh they do. If you aren't careful you'll get juggled to death or one shotted. Or more likely fail the timed objective because you took too long fighting mobs.

Sorry but its the same deal as Dead Rising. People think its just mindlessly hacking through mobs, but the truth is the mobs are merely an obstacle meant to tick away at you and wear you down as you make your way between strictly timed objectives and bosses.

The problem is she DOESNT add anything to DOA. We all would have been ecstatic if she did but she just comes across as Honoka and Marie levels of generic when brought into DOA.

Also this.

Phase 4 doesn't count towards anything she's just Kasumi with smoke instead of flower petals.

Nyo granted isn't Moe but instead the stereotypical Japanese noblewoman (or prostitute. Same thing)

But both were just copies of existing characters.

The point was we can expect all the dlc to be uninspired and more of the same. If she's new at all shell be a moeblob. Otherwise a copy paste. Then we got the worst case scenario with Honoka who was a copy paste moe blob down to the literal letter.
I'm sure I have already said this a thousand times already. Some people felt disappointed, because they wanted the new character to be a DOA original, and to be unique in many different ways:
- Design
- Nationality
- Fighting Style
- etc.

This. I'm only familiar with Dynasty Warriors not Samurai Warriors, so going by Dynasty I would have rather had

latest

018936.jpg

dynasty-warriors-8-201343094148_58.jpg

tumblr_mu9dmv1piH1qg641po1_1280.jpg

bf415fe6c8bcf0af798d82635ffb5f85.jpg

latest

latest

Raansu

1.They do fight back
2.They require following missions
3.They require using strategies
4.They have stories based off ancient Asian countries (well at least Dynasty and Samurai Warriors)

That and the game is overall fun. The game is definitely appealing.

Strategy? Wut? I've played several and rarely took damage and just mashed my way through them to the point of the map where you have to fight the boss and what not.....Nowhere in those games is strategy even remotely required. If you like mindless mashing that's cool, I just personally find the games to be incredibly simplistic and boring.

Argentus

Strategy? Wut? I've played several and rarely took damage and just mashed my way through them to the point of the map where you have to fight the boss and what not.....Nowhere in those games is strategy even remotely required. If you like mindless mashing that's cool, I just personally find the games to be incredibly simplistic and boring.
"No strategy even remotely required"

*failed to meet the multiple objectives in time/allied officer or base defeated or captured *

Riiiiighht. I'm sorry this isn't Senran Kagura which is ACTUALLY just mashing one combo over and over with no objectives.

You go from objective to objective with waves of enemies in between. Yes the enemies are individually weak (save for bosses) because if they weren't and each little enemy was DMC level you'd constantly fail objectives and get game overs because you took too long.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

To me, this honestly shows you never really played Dynasty Warriors and if you have, you never gotten past Easy.

Try that on Hard or Chaos and it will be as clear as day that you can't just rush in and defeat all the enemies and win without dying/losing the objective/failing in the process.

Hell, go tell any Dynasty Warriors fan who has played the 4th installment in English(the 3rd in Japanese) and go tell them about the Nanman Campaign and how easy it was on Hard Mode...and I will bet you that they will tell you that map can go straight to hell 9 times out of 10.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD