New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

Momiji's costume really doesn't have the same vibe as in the drawing. It just doesn't make any sense. The skirt doesn't fit the theme. It's the same boring dress they used for the Santa Pack.

I wonder if it's just plain laziness, a personal artistic choice, or technical issues that made them change it...

Maybe a reason could be a possible clipping between the mini skirt and the "half trouser" (the single covered leg). Apparently TN with Last Round could get it more in consideration, I believe that they changed Lisa's lose pose just for this reason.

By the way it's a real shame, I loved that Momiji's design; at least her top is truly faithful to the drawing.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
For me

Top 5:
1.) Zack
2.) Rig
3.) Bass
4.) Eliot
5.) Brad
(I want to have Leon up here)oo

In-Between 5:
1.) Lei Fang
2.) Jann Lee
3.) Gen Fu
4.) Rachel
5.) Lisa

Worst (For Me):
1.) Ein
2.) Momiji
3.)Kokoro

Blash

Mine:

Faves!
1. Kasumi (suits her character perfectly, looks better then the original amazing design)
2. Christie w/new haircut (love the tron look, works well)
3. Elliot (big ups for @Tyaren kicking ass in the competition, suits DOA's over all look)
4. Leon (bad-ass)
5. Mila (IMO suits her MMA meets fan girl persona!)

Worst!
1. Tina (boring travesty of a costume, we all knew who won... wink* wink*)
2. Momiji (just didn't translate)
3. Ein (speaks for itself)
4. Jackie (More skin from the guys, no problem with that, just doesn't work IMO!)
5. Sarah (lazy)

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Omg I wanna do one!!!!!!

Top 5
1. KING BAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS
2. Awesome Non-Joke Zack
3. Leon
4.Mila
5. Eliot (Scots and proud xD)
special mentions to hoodie lisa and her white hair

Like but just not on top 5
Rig
Sarah
Christie
Brad
pretty much everyone else

In-between.
1.Jacky (love it, but the red shirt thingy I wish was removable)
2.Rachel
3. Leifang (looks cool but I wouldn't really use it a lot)
4. Hitomi (same as above)
5. Tina (SAME AS ABOVE AGAIN)

Worst:
1. Ayane da monkey
2. Momiji the reindeer copy paste dlc
3. Nyotengu the maid-sama with Bankutsubo as Usui
4. Kasumi (just not feeling it ya know)
5. EIN DA STRIPPER (very close to in-between just didn't know what else to put)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
speaking of eliot's design, i wonder if they added the boxers too? has anyone seen the kilt fly up? @Tyaren

From what they show, the kilt doesn't animate like how the skirts do for the girls.

Yes, the boxers with the Union Jack print are indeed there. The flag is only on his butt though (probably because I only showed the back in my design), so that detail is hard to see. ;)

@Jyakotu, well you can still see it during high kicks or if Eliot hits the floor. But as I said before, I'm glad, the kilt isn't flipping up all the time. It wasn't meant to be to begin with. I didn't even design underwear in the beginning. XD It was actually @David Gregg, who brought up Eliot's underwear first, when I showed him work in progress.

Last edited:

David Gregg

It was actually @David Gregg, who brought up Eliot's underwear first, when I showed him work in progress.

Ha ha yes that way there would be clarity that something is under there since we all know the popular association with kilts (and knowing TN they would just leave his ugly Fighter shorts on underneath). XD

Dang I'm so far behind with all of these revealed designs. Congrats @Mr. Wah , @DontForkWitMe , @Argentus , @Blazeincarnated , @Ghosty-J , and whoever else I forgot (I think we need to have a list of our fellow FSDers to make shout ups).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow... so apparently I'm the ONLY person that actually likes Ein's new costume... (except the yellow pants they're an eyesore)
You like the costume, even though 50% of it is an eyesore to you? XD So, what saves the design? The mesh shirt, that rag around his waist or the bandages?

RetroMe91

Wow... so apparently I'm the ONLY person that actually likes Ein's new costume... (except the yellow pants they're an eyesore)
I like Ein's design. I thought it was better with just the mesh top than with what was on paper. They honestly should have made the pants a dull yellow or diluted beige. The yellow is a bit too bright.

UpSideDownGRUNT

You like the costume, even though 50% of it is an eyesore to you? XD So, what saves the design? The mesh shirt, that rag around his waist or the bandages?
The mesh shirt is cool, it's a cool throwback to his C1 (but actually being good quality), this costume has bandage wraps which Ein always looks awesome in, and it's not a costume that makes him look like a bondage stripper for once it's a genuine cool design that makes him look good.
EDIT: plus, mesh shirts are kinda his trade mark I mean he has 3 costumes through 2 - 4 that has a mesh shirt of some kind.

I like Ein's design. I thought it was better with just the mesh top than with what was on paper. They honestly should have made the pants a dull yellow or diluted beige. The yellow is a bit too bright.
Basically this, I didn't actually like the original design much but TNs slight overhaul has made it look good, I just wish the pants was like a tan or light brown to go with the waist cloth cuz the yellow stands out WAAAYY too much that's the only flaw with it.

Still, it's his 2nd/3rd best costume he has, all his DLC is garbage with only one or two joke dlcs being fun to use. (I don't count casual as DLC anymore since it's on disc in LR.)

Last edited:

Dark_Ky

:eliot: 7/10 - not a fan of it but I appreciate the effort and creativity.
:marierose: 5/10 - I am sorry but I simply cant see whats so great about this
:leifang: 7/10 - I like revealing costumes but I think that this could have been much better with less fanservice and more clothing. more could have been more this time
:tina: 9/10 - really good, this what I expect Tina wearing if I think about her personality and looks
:bradwong: 8/10 - simple and stylish
:kokoro: 8/10 - cute, like the sherlock theme
:hitomi: 9/10 - the punkstyle is really well done and suits her
:ayane: 8/10 - not sure why so much hate for it.. liked the art and it was well translated into the game
:mila: 8/10 - I actually quite like this, fits her personality and her fighting style
:alpha152: 4/10 - lol if you give a new "costume" at least dont give her a freaking schoolgirl outit damn it
:hayabusa: 8/10 - all black with red colours, coat, red scarf. its not hard to make him look badass
:hayate: 10/10 - easily one of the best. has originality and complements his wadrobe like it was one his main costume all along
:kasumi: 10/10 - the artwork was beautiful and it translated perfectly into the game. very beautiful design
:christie: 9/10 - I love it. started playing Mass Effect recently and I was immediately hooked by the futuristic artstyle. glad something similar mad it into the game.
:sarah: 6/10 - its not bad but kinda not like something I would expect Sarah to be wearing. sure it might be closest thing to her tight latex(?) C1 but still..
:bayman: 7/10 - not sure what it meant to represent but imo its a little bit too dark for me. the mask looks cool though
:phase4: 9/10 - I wasnt very convinced that this costume will end up well ingame but it did. really like the endresult
:genfu: 6/10 - suits him, not my taste though
:rachel: 6/10 - I reaally wanted Shiranui 's costume in this game :/. not nearly as good but still alright
:rig: 8/10 - everyone was hoping that he would get this one and he got it. deserved to be in this game for sure
:jacky: 3/10 - easily one of the worst. I get that its supposed to be his shirt over his head but man they completely couldnt pull it off the way it was intended
:pai: 6/10 - little bit boring but I like the boots
:jannlee: 6/10 - too simple imo, but thats how he would dress himself I guess
:akira: 8/10 - he always gets the best costumes of the VF characters lol
:helena: 4/10 - I was hoping that this wouldnt make it into the game, simple dress with roses around her neck. there were better choices.
:ein: 2/10 - hella lame, nothing interesting at all
:leon: 8/10 - pretty good. Leon players should always rock this one the dessert-stage lol
:momiji: 4/10 - I was excited when I saw the drawing but they really messed it up ingame
:lisa: 10/10 - she got something original = auto 8/10 and its actually good 10/10, easy
:bass: 6/10 - get it why people wanted this but the only thing that makes this costume is the... belt?
:zack: 8/10 - finally he got something serious

overall this was a very exciting and fun costume contest with great artwork and great implementation by TN. I always had fun following this contest and looking in this thread with the anticipation of the next costume reveal! hopefully this will be repeated in the future ^^

congrats to all the artist who got their costumes into the game! cant even imagine how much that means to you!

crapoZK

Standard Donor
#ThongSongZack
SISQO_ThongSong_02.jpg

(But in Black. I see where @Blazeincarnated and @Kodachi went with this.)

DontForkWitMe

Top 5
-.Leon (completely fair and unbiased choice ;)...seriously this will be his best outfit for all of eternity)

-.Zack(My nigga zack looking fly as fuck, a much needed addition from his other joke outfits)

-.Rig(Another great addition to his already solid wardrobe)

-.Eliot(The design fits him like a glove and looks great on him)

-.Bayman(would've been higher if they included the full mask or at least gave him a darker color on his beret,Don't really like how his bright ass red beret clashes with the rest of the outfit)

Bottom 5
-.Momij( sux how badly they screwed up the lower portion and seemed to just slap on a skirt for more panty flashes)

-.Kokoro(chick already has tons of skirts in her wardrobe, this outfit is simply redundant to me)

-Ayane(she had much better choices imo than some slutty monkey outfit and the tail just looks ridiculous)

-Jacky(sorry but every thing about the design looks terrible and i'd take akira in a bannana outfit more seriously than this goofy ass get-up)

-Ein(why do people think this guy is cooler than Hayate again? Everyone of his outfits are straightup male fetish attire and removing the upper portion of the entries original design just gives him yet another "questionable" outfit on top of all his other ones...sorry Ein fans but Hayate with his new badass entry from the contest and the ninja dlc shits all over Ein)

synce

Wait Ein didn't get the cape? :/ That's surprising... and I wonder why did Christie get the costume she did when the game's art director supposedly liked another one? Or did she get both? I didn't watch most of the streams

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD