New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

I hope they have another contest this year....I'm either gonna resubmit my old design with the newer, updated art, or submit a business/bodyguard suit for Mila...

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
345.jpg

Finally, after 15+ years, Hogan and Rodman reform their popular tag team [citation needed] from the ashes of WCW.

Now I'm happy.

Einzelkind

So... who has the worst/least inspired costume ?

While it's great that Team Ninja does these contests and actually put an outfit for every character in the game, I think a few of them would have needed some touching up. Some of the outfits just don't translate all that well from 2d into 3d. While the outfits that are less grounded in reality and more costume-y (the ninjas, Lisa, Christie, Sarah, Bayman, Phase-4 etc.) look great, some of the casual ones just look weird in my opinion. Not feeling Helena's dress at all and I don't think it really fits her character. It might work in an anime-inspired drawing with different proportions, but the in-game version looks like something a hooker would wear to a wedding. Same with Pai's: Looks fine in an anime artstyle, weird in 3d. And Rachel's just has a really ugly color combination with the purple on the sides, blue on the belt and that green/red print on the back (and the giant collar clips with her new hairstyle). No offense to the artists of course. I'm looking forward to the next round. :)

favorites:

1. Christie
2. Rig
3. Lisa
4. Eliot
5. Leifang

least favorite:

1. Pai
2. Jacky
3. Helena
4. Rachel
5. Jann Lee

Tyaren

Standard Donor
My top five:
1. Kasumi
2. Eliot
3. Marie Rose
4. Brad
5. Hayate
(very close 6th is Akira)

I don't like Ein at all. (more the execution in-game than the original design)

Last edited:

Argentus

My top 5 so far
1) Leon
2) Bayman
3) Hayate
4) Zack (Not a zack fan but its nice for him TO FINALLY get a cool outfit in 5)
5) Lisa (I surprisingly love this one now that I've seen it in game)

5 LEAST favorite
-5) Mila (Extremely redundant, its just camo palette swap of an outfit she's already had like 4 times since vanilla)
-4) Kokoro (Its...I dunno, too simple? Not a huge fan)
-3) Rig (I'm sorry, but between the clown red snow boots and the beanie being worn like a cosby kid, I can't take it seriously)
-4) Helena (It's actually a very beautiful dress, but a tight skirt like that doesn't mesh well with her Bokuho fighting style, and that bugs the hell out of me. Her legs are spread wide 90% of the time, so tight dresses and skirts don't look good on her.)
-5) Ein. They shoudla kept the tabard thingy on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD