New DOA5 version announced (Momiji!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RikWeaN

Now if they could use the chance to fix the damn netcode and make the game actually playable online, that would be awesome. Cause new chars is cool and all, but being able to actually play the game online, now that would be a real improvement.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Yes it's a different game- the screen said DOA5 (with two Chinese charas after it, don't know what they meant).

He went on to say that there will be a LAST comp for DOA5 in June.
Why last?- cause soon after that this new version will go on sale.

bingsoo

I never knew there would be so much whining over an updated release o.o I understand the frustration of having to spend more money on somewhat overlapping content, but I'm just glad Team Ninja still cares to update the game. Yeah, "they're doing it for the money," but it's a HELL of a lot better than DOAX3, unless we all forgot about that this morning.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
its a bitter sweat moment and after the NG3/DLC issues we've had we would be stupid if we weren't cautious going into this.

if this is going to be a new game i think we should start asking for TN to rework the stages,i want things to be closer to the Skyscraper and Flow stages.

bingsoo

With the amount of improvements they accomplished in Razor's Edge, I'm hoping that the DOA 5 re-release won't be as infuriating as a lot of people suspect.

I'm happy they added Momiji, but I do feel for the people who want their lost characters back in the game :/

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Not unexpected. I hope they put as much effort into reworking this as they did into Razor's Edge. I'm also hoping for a $40 price-point, which is likely, and a summer release, which remains to be seen.

Hayashi said at the event that June would be the last DOA5 Japanese Tournament event, and people are figuring its because they may be shooting for a summer release. Of course, if true that just shows that this most likely will be an expansion pack a la SSFIV and UMVC3.

One might call the new version DOA5++. Of course, that one might just be me.

Gill Hustle

Well I'm down for this. As stated earlier if this is as much an Upgrade as Razor's Edge no complaints here. Imma keep hounding them on twitter for the things that matter . . . healthy amounts of fanservice!

Raidou and the rest of the DOAD cast, throwback stages/costumes, CUSTOM MUSIC PLAYLIST, DLC songs, More story mode elements, and fix that netcode mmkay, talk to SEGA and get that VF5:FS BUFF

R4712-VR88

HYPE!

Really happy to see Momiji in the game. I also expect Leon and Ein to follow in, along with maybe Tengu. Wouldn't mind to see Raidou come out of no where or even Rachel. I would definitly like to see Nicole's moves return in DOA5 with either character. Anyone think we'll get another Virtua Fighter character? Wouldn't mind seeing Aoi, Vanessa, Wolf or even Dural.

I'm hoping this game releases as a physical disc. I'm all about having the actual physical copy of a game.

When it comes to more content I'm all for more stages and definitly the return of stages from previous games. Would love alot of big stages to return like Lorelei, Forest, Danger Zone, X Octagon, The Aerial Garden, White Storm, The Demon's Church. I'd like to see game modes from previous titles to return as well. Like the original item-collecting Survivial and Team Battle. More display titles for online wouldn't be bad. Would like to see faster load times too.

Lastly all I can think of is better net code! Here's also hope for more costume DLC. Wouldn't mind having somemore, or atleast some good ones from previous titles (still want Kasumi's COS.3 from DOA3).

Gill Hustle

HYPE!

Really happy to see Momiji in the game. I also expect Leon and Ein to follow in, along with maybe Tengu. Wouldn't mind to see Raidou come out of no where or even Rachel. I would definitly like to see Nicole's moves return in DOA5 with either character. Anyone think we'll get another Virtua Fighter character? Wouldn't mind seeing Aoi, Vanessa, Wolf or even Dural.

I'm hoping this game releases as a physical disc. I'm all about having the actual physical copy of a game.

When it comes to more content I'm all for more stages and definitly the return of stages from previous games. Would love alot of big stages to return like Lorelei, Forest, Danger Zone, X Octagon, The Aerial Garden, White Storm, The Demon's Church. I'd like to see game modes from previous titles to return as well. Like the original item-collecting Survivial and Team Battle. More display titles for online wouldn't be bad. Would like to see faster load times too.

Lastly all I can think of is better net code! Here's also hope for more costume DLC. Wouldn't mind having somemore, or atleast some good ones from previous titles (still want Kasumi's COS.3 from DOA3).

If they go that far, they should consider adding DOAD's chronicle mode.

Not that would be DOA5 Ultimate!

KwonJigglypuff

HYPE!

Nicole's extra moves should be given to Leon.
You should add Great Opera (burning version) so I can like you post. :p

I prefer they save the other VF characters for a crossover in the future!

MasterHavik

The dumbasses known as TN finally give me a ninja I don't fucking hate. momiji actually doesn't suck. She will be auto top tier in the new DOA 5. Why? Because ninjas get everything....well if your name is Hayate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD