New DOA5 version announced (Momiji!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
"It's going to be a completely new game." I lol'd. No it's not, it's in TN's best interest to keep everything the same with the exception of a couple of new characters and balance tweaks. They wouldn't risk making it shittier than how it already is because they would have to patch it again, again, and again. This is best shown by the support of DoA 4. It only recieved a few patches and it was never touched by them again. TN doesn't want to pay 40k every time they fuck up a patch and then patch that patch with another patch. That's a lot of money.

DOA4 was left alone because Itagaki was satisfied with it.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
"It's going to be a completely new game." I lol'd. No it's not, it's in TN's best interest to keep everything the same with the exception of a couple of new characters and balance tweaks. They wouldn't risk making it shittier than how it already is because they would have to patch it again, again, and again. This is best shown by the support of DoA 4. It only recieved a few patches and it was never touched by them again. TN doesn't want to pay 40k every time they fuck up a patch and then patch that patch with another patch. That's a lot of money.

What I meant by a "completely" new game is that it will have completely new features, new modes, new characters, same shitty story, balance tweaks, new stages, probably a better menu design (Not too sure about that one) and more things. I know that. I'm not that stupid to think that in less than 6 months, there will be a completely new interface, better graphics and all that. What I meant by "completely" new game, was that it will supposedly be better than Vanilla. This is just what we'll expect from fighting games nowadays.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
"Cr!msonWarrior, post: 93457, member: 668"...it will have completely new features".

It just has features from DOA5+ and new characters. There's probably going to be some "completely" new features, But we don't know. We can't judge a full game on a little over a minute trailer and a couple screenshots.

Nightpup

You are not one to tell us exactly what Team Ninja will do with this. Be grateful they're still bothering to improve on and show support for DOA5. Some fighting games are released then left completely alone, never getting fixed or added on to. Fans are left hanging for things they never get. Meanwhile Team Ninja is giving us exactly what we've been yelling at them for. We've been being a bunch of spoiled brats and Team Ninja has been patiently putting up with us. Now you're going to bite the hand that feeds you for giving you what you want? That's nothing short of just rude.

I swear, the nerve of some people!

I'm sorry, I'm bad at telling people off without metaphorically spitting in their face :V

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
When Grape looks like a satisfied customer in comparison then I think you need to losen up a bit.
I'm not a satisfied customer. I'm just giving Team Ninja the benefit of the doubt. They've got almost a year to fix all the issues with DOA5 and hopefully they haven't been taking that time for granted.

Be grateful they're still bothering to improve on and show support for DOA5.
He's entitled and you're brain-washed.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Anyways... I think IF Ein is in DOA5U (Which there is a high chance of that happening), He will NO DOUBT have his move set from DOA2&4, and probably some Hitomi moves.

Kronin

In addition in section" features" of the official site it's possible to read about the improved training and the BGM customization, and again there is an advice about new features incoming: I doubt that they are talking just about the gravures movies and off course the touch mode will not arrive in DoA5U.

Keved

leonf.jpg

laughing-computer.gif

Order restored

This trailer had me welling up lump-in-the-throat like & my lip quivering with joy.

Watching that whole trailer was an epic experience in itself. First i see Momiji brawling it out atop the neon endowed rooftops of Sky City Tokyo with an enormous Buddha statue in the background. Just as I am about to scrape my jaw from off the floor the trailer concludes with the man himself standing alone in the hazy desert. By this time, my jaw hasn't just dropped, it's been pried open by the sheer awe of knowing that Rolands man will be rejoining us.

It took me about 15 minutes to type this because i was all juddery and fidgety with excitement :cool:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor

You know you can tag people now, right? For instance, TakedaZX will tag you. Anyway, we'll have to see what moves now have relaunch properties and where you can do it. Looks like you can actually OTG a fully grounded opponent now...looks very interesting. If possible, 3P+K should do the trick. Ever better would be 236P+K into Shoho Izuna...we'll see. Sounds exciting.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I sometimes question how some of you guys pay your bills if you can't afford to purchase a discounted game with this much advanced notice.
Gambling, giving blood, stealth bounty kills...

You know, the usual.

DR2K

Yeah you're probably right. It's still not worth $40 though. Seeing as DoA 5 was $60 with all the shit that it came with. And now TN is saying that this forced update that probably only has two new characters, a couple of shitty stages, and little to no balance/gameplay tweaks is worth more than half the price of the original game. I've also read that it's not DLC. Hence the forced update comment. Meaning you have to buy it if you want to still play online because we already know people are going to buy this in a heartbeat, leaving Vanilla DoA with nobody online. Not that there is much now.

It's not forced, they aren't making you buy it you can still play with people online. Vita users won't get the update for example. If you don't want to buy it or disagree with their policy then go and send Tecmo Koei a strong handwritten letter stating why. I'll be playing DOA5U in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD