New Mila player and have a few questions

Gurimmjaw

Ok, so after going through a lot of the characters in DoA5U, Mila seemed to be the most fitting for me. Really love her style and is the most fun in this game imo, so I decided to main her.

My questions are what exactly is her style? Is she played rushdown or zoning? Or is she a mix of both rushdown and zoning?

Also I was watching a few matches between Gamerbee and Tokido. Could someone explain to me how Gamerbee was doing that backdash at 1:01? Looked like both backdashing and crouching.

Doa_Eater

Oh boy that's 1.00 Vanilla, and Gamerbee is just filling in for 0 entries. Meaning it is not in the game!

Gill Hustle

Yeah that Backdash was removed awhile ago.

For the most part I'd say Mila is mainly a rushdown type, but this can be match up specific.

If you battling a speedy 9 framer like :christie: or :kasumi:, you'll need to KNOW when they are at disadvantage and punish accordingly. Otherwise any noob that mashes will walk all over you.

For more linear striking characters like :eliot: and :kokoro: SS Tackle is your friend. Making everyone fear her Tackle is key for her Feint/mind game play.

For the Slower characters like :bass::bayman: etc you'll have to be in there face but wary of being too predictable.

That's my general take and I would say match up experience against the whole cast being the most important.

I believe currently, Mila can be a BEAST but it takes work

Gurimmjaw

Yeah that Backdash was removed awhile ago.

For the most part I'd say Mila is mainly a rushdown type, but this can be match up specific.

If you battling a speedy 9 framer like :christie: or :kasumi:, you'll need to KNOW when they are at disadvantage and punish accordingly. Otherwise any noob that mashes will walk all over you.

For more linear striking characters like :eliot: and :kokoro: SS Tackle is your friend. Making everyone fear her Tackle is key for her Feint/mind game play.

For the Slower characters like :bass::bayman: etc you'll have to be in there face but wary of being too predictable.

That's my general take and I would say match up experience against the whole cast being the most important.

I believe currently, Mila can be a BEAST but it takes work

LOL damn had no idea it was removed. No wonder I couldn't really perform it.

And thanks for the input on match ups vs certain characters. One character that I seem I can't do anything against is Brad Wong.

I believe she really good. Now im no tier whore, but where does she stand on the tier list? Is she a mid tier?

Gill Hustle

LOL damn had no idea it was removed. No wonder I couldn't really perform it.

And thanks for the input on match ups vs certain characters. One character that I seem I can't do anything against is Brad Wong.

I believe she really good. Now im no tier whore, but where does she stand on the tier list? Is she a mid tier?

I honestly feel she'd Mid to High Mid as far as tiers.

The key being Match up experience and mastering her Mount Punch. I've been practicing on fast throw escape in training mode and slowly moving to fastest.

Offline I'd say I'm at 80% success, online is a mixed bag. Once I master fastest nobody getting outta that, so yeah her mount damage mastery is essential.

As far as Brad hmm, I mainly stick to Ayane for that one so good spacing/defense on him (4k or 4h+k) and string recognition like getting Mila's low counters (kick for guaranteed mount and punch for her juggle) Standing Mid Kick Counter on his handstand, as most will use that before the throw.

My Brad experience is mainly limited to fighting Chosen1, so that's stuff I'd look for.

Gill Hustle

Lol now that I'm thinking out loud, it's easier to examine the matchup better haha.

Another thing is Brad ruuning headbutt (Mid Punch counter) which gives him advantage on block. If your counter he can react quicker with the throw from laydown or Mid kick.

If you just block/recover from Headbutt watch for the throw and throw punish yourself. The mid kick shouldn't be to much threat. But if playing online . . .

Also lookout for run up throw, but he does need to be a close range for that as the headbutt has to start from further distance for Brad to be effective with it.

Devilreaper

when im fighting brad i dont really strike high much, i try to focus on mid and low mixups while at that same time setting him up for offensive holds... on the other hand you should look at diablodoc or something-unique. add me if you would like i could show you some shit, always willing to help.

Gurimmjaw

I believe her to be in the mid-upper mid range. Though the game pretty balanced so everyone can complete.

Thanks for the tips on Brad. When he on the ground sometimes im not sure what to do when he on the ground. If I try something i'll get a leg take takedown or something. Brad is very dangerous on the ground.

when im fighting brad i dont really strike high much, i try to focus on mid and low mixups while at that same time setting him up for offensive holds... on the other hand you should look at diablodoc or something-unique. add me if you would like i could show you some shit, always willing to help.

Hmmm interesting. I would usually still use high strikes. This might explain why I get beaten by Brad's since he seems to evade high strikes with ease.

And added you just now. Much appreciated. I can use all the help I can get with Mila. I don't know much with Mila right now so if you can help me that would be great.

AkaShocka

With Mila you probably would want to talk with x2cool4u, gorycasade, Something-Unique, or GalenTheWise they all use her pretty good. I don't know about the other guys but Something-Unique has a replay on the leaderboard. I'm not sure if he used Mila in it though. You should check that out when you get the chance.

phoenix1985gr

Lol now that I'm thinking out loud, it's easier to examine the matchup better haha.

Another thing is Brad ruuning headbutt (Mid Punch counter) which gives him advantage on block. If your counter he can react quicker with the throw from laydown or Mid kick.

Brads Headbut isnt advantage on block... He has to versin though and only one is low thow punishable cant remember nor if its 236p or run p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD