New stage is very likely DOA3's Azuchi

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The Japanese castle style circular room, the windows, set at night, the castle tower and the courtyard, it all seems very likely to be DOA3's Azuchi stage reimagined:

Famitsu image blown up a little:

azuchi.jpg

Famitsu image:

cb40vsluaaanvjt-jpg-orig-jpg.19576

latest

031003-6.jpg

Doa3_790screen018.jpg

(Sorry the images shrinked after posting.)

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

If this is the case, I'm torn; I would rather see an original stage over a remake but then again, I really liked that stage back in 3 so I'm probably ok with this...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Even on water? I never noticed that... 4 had water reflections...

I think the water of Zack's Island, Fireworks and Sanctuary has some kind of reflection... Yes, 3 and 4 had reflections in lots of stages.

UpSideDownGRUNT

That is definitely Azuchi, that honestly makes me hyped! My favourite DOA3 stage, I always said if they did another stage from 3 it should be Azuchi.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It was one of my favorites too. The golden circular room with it's reflections was such a beauty and it felt amazing to crush your opponent through the windows and resume the fight on the tiled and curved castle roof. I hope this part will be in again.

(starts at 10:10)

But I would have hoped for other stages, to be completely honest, because I feel Azuchi is so very close to the Temple of the Dragon and Sakura stages. Who needs those two anymore, when you got the much prettier and exiting Azuchi? :/
Aerial Gardens (DOA2Ultime version)...I think nearly every fan would have loved that stage coming back...

UpSideDownGRUNT

I don'y think LR ver. will have the reflective floor, from what I can tell from the scan image the floor is just solid brown/wood panneling.

I personally like the area below anyway, plus this is where i re-enact the classic Busa vs Hayate feud anyway :p

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm so excited for this stage! This was always my practice stage when I played DOA:Dimensions. It makes sense they would choose it because it has breakable walls that lead to the bottom roof drop, and then that final drop to the main courtyard if it's the same as before. It'll basically be like a night time Temple of the Dragon if that is the case, in terms of danger zones.

Jadeinchains

I've never played in this stage but it does look amazing I hope though that it has the reflections because that will just be embarrassing if a game from ages ago did. I wonder if this will be the last stage for the game?

Argentus

5's stages have always been graphically inferior to Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox 1 DOA stages lol.

That's why rather than new stages they give us "returning" stages but they can't even get THAT right

Jadeinchains

5's stages have always been graphically inferior to Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox 1 DOA stages lol.

That's why rather than new stages they give us "returning" stages but they can't even get THAT right

Its not great because its still a long way until it comes out but hopefully doa6 has much better textures for the stages. Not to mention I hope the stages are just better in general because they are so subdued in doa5.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This is genuinely making me want to play DOA3 again lol

For me DOA3 is tied with DOA2U as the best DOA game. In DOA3 Hitomi was also my favorite character. She's changed so much since then... >__>

Team Ninja also seem to regard the DOA3 stages as the epitome and high point of the series themselves since they only take stages out of that game.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD