New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hello everyone, my name is Luna I'm new to FSD. I play DOA5U on PSN, my psn is PsyLunatix. I've actually been on FSD to learn about character strategies and more, but now I got into everything and decided to actually sign up. I hope I get to meet new people as I continue to be a member of FSD. :)

There's a lot of good players in your area too. Reach out to @Gill Hustle to have him show you the ropes and get to know everyone over there. You'll level up faster. :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Good day folks. Just a newbie here making post to introduce himself. Just a fighter enthusiast who loves his DOA and wishes his local scene was more active. Hahaha. I hope to get along with a lot of you and enjoy my stay on here.

Yeah, be sure to check the Matchmaking board for the SoCal thread. That way you can see what other competitors might be in your area to start making that local scene more active. @iHajinShinobi and @Prince Adon are two good contacts who might help you out in finding other Cali players in your area and in learning the game.

Vigoorian King

Hi everyone! I'm not really so new here as I've had an account here for 5 moths, but decided to make a new one. I've been playing DOA for 9 months and feel like this is my game. I love playing with new people and picking up new characters. Rachel is my love to death and no matter what she will be my main forever. Always willing to help with her and others, but also hoping for your help. I'm a nice guy and really don't want to fight so let's be friends!

SweetSauceBoss

How's it hanging ya'll? Been a longtime fan of the series (since DOA1 on PSX) but didn't really look into any technical fighting game things (tech traps, frames and the like) until about 2 years ago when I got into TTT2. So I stumbled upon this website and it's really cool to see all this information and the community is pretty dope. You've helped me get much better in general. Helped me pick up different characters other than Jann Lee xD. I'm currently using Akira, who isn't a DOA character, but is really challenging to use and makes me want to improve even more. Anyways, I'm up for any sessions, matches, whatever if you guys would like, I'm on the Playstation 3. PSN is my username. Alright, I guess that was my introduction lol, be seeing you guys around. Peace.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
How's it hanging ya'll? Been a longtime fan of the series (since DOA1 on PSX) but didn't really look into any technical fighting game things (tech traps, frames and the like) until about 2 years ago when I got into TTT2. So I stumbled upon this website and it's really cool to see all this information and the community is pretty dope. You've helped me get much better in general. Helped me pick up different characters other than Jann Lee xD. I'm currently using Akira, who isn't a DOA character, but is really challenging to use and makes me want to improve even more. Anyways, I'm up for any sessions, matches, whatever if you guys would like, I'm on the Playstation 3. PSN is my username. Alright, I guess that was my introduction lol, be seeing you guys around. Peace.

I see you're here in NorCal. We have a offline scene where we have offline casuals and do our best to help players level up. You can find out more here:http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-official-norcal-thread.1071/

Welcome to the community, btw. =)

SweetSauceBoss

I see you're here in NorCal. We have a offline scene where we have offline casuals and do our best to help players level up. You can find out more here:http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-official-norcal-thread.1071/

Welcome to the community, btw. =)
Ah sweet, I didn't even look into that. I watch streams from other places but I didn't know about the scene in NorCal. I'll look into it, I'd love to attend these kinds of events! Thanks for the notice and the welcoming!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hey!

I'm Sandman, a Soul Calibur player currently residing in the Boston area. I've been getting into DOA a little lately though. Still don't have the game, but I've been doing okay in local tournaments and plan on getting the game ASAP. I main Alpha for now.

You can get the game for free by getting Core Fighters on PSN. You'll have access to Kasumi, Hayate, Ayane, and Hayabusa, and other characters are rotated around. If you have a specific character you want to play you can just pay $4 to unlock that character so you don't have to spend the full amount to buy the disc.

Sandman

You can get the game for free by getting Core Fighters on PSN. You'll have access to Kasumi, Hayate, Ayane, and Hayabusa, and other characters are rotated around. If you have a specific character you want to play you can just pay $4 to unlock that character so you don't have to spend the full amount to buy the disc.

Word. I didn't do this because in the PSN store it said "Unavailable" for Alpha. I still might not do this - I hear mixed things about whether Alpha is viable or even legal in tournaments. Getting the disc isn't about the money, it's about having the time and the will to battle Boston traffic and get myself to a Gamestop, lol.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Word. I didn't do this because in the PSN store it said "Unavailable" for Alpha. I still might not do this - I hear mixed things about whether Alpha is viable or even legal in tournaments. Getting the disc isn't about the money, it's about having the time and the will to battle Boston traffic and get myself to a Gamestop, lol.

Alpha is very legal in tournaments. There are not any characters in DOA5U currently that are banned from tournaments. Also Alpha is viable, too.

transtang z28

HI All,
long time FSD troll. finally signed up last month but haven't posted yet. I live on the Illinois/Wisconsin border i southeast Wisconsin. Always been a HUGE DOA fan as well as KOF and just about every other fighting game out there. I haven't been much of an online player. I used to be pretty good back in the DOA 2 and 3 days but totally missed out on 4. I LOVE 5 and Ultimate but i am severely out of practice, especially with the new system. Just looking to meet some other folks here who share the same interest as me and can have a friendly and fun time. I'd like to really get back into this and hopefully be competitive. I used to be all about Hitomi but i really like Mila's style. Just bought Marie Rose last week and im starting to think i could get good with her if i focused. shes got a style that im really digging. My other character, and the one i seem to be most comfortale with right now, is Hayabusa. Love me some ninjas. Anyway, im done ranting. Glad to have posted this. Hopefully i can get some good conversations and fights from you.

Ictinike

Hey everyone!

I recently joined FSD after some lurking. DOA5/DOA5U has been the first DOA game I've owned and played. I seem to have joined up just as the new character reveal happened, which is exciting. I never got the chance to use Tengu, so I'm a little disappointed but at the same time excited.

My mains are Hitomi and Helena, with a Hayate behind them. I'm thinking of picking up Mila or maybe one of the new characters.

Anyway, hopefully, I can contribute something to the Hitomi and Helena forums as well as FSD as a whole. Several people have welcomed me with open arms so I will gladly support anyway I can.

I can't wait to meet the different members here and I am excited to get some matches in with others once I get my Xbox Live back up and running again.

Thank you. : )

Hey FSD CoDe__X__ReD here. Former VF player on the XBOX but sadly my console got the red ring of death T-T. So I thought I just take a stroll down through DOA. Awesome game by the way. Decided to post here to introduce myself and meet new people to game with. I play on PS3. If you wanna add me my PSN name is the same as my name here or you can just leave your PSN name and i'll add when I get back on. And I do got a Mic. Not a great intro but I tried lol

You might of seen a person named Might-2 well sadly he's my roommate. So i'll be hoping on hes laptop for a days maybe longer until my laptops comes from repairs. I do gotta thank him for introducing DOA to me but I might take over his PS3 as well until I get a new Xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hey FSD CoDe__X__ReD here. Former VF player on the XBOX but sadly my console got the red ring of death T-T. So I thought I just take a stroll down through DOA. Awesome game by the way. Decided to post here to introduce myself and meet new people to game with. I play on PS3. If you wanna add me my PSN name is the same as my name here or you can just leave your PSN name and i'll add when I get back on. And I do got a Mic. Not a great intro but I tried lol

You might of seen a person named Might-2 well sadly he's my roommate. So i'll be hoping on hes laptop for a days maybe longer until my laptops comes from repairs. I do gotta thank him for introducing DOA to me but I might take over his PS3 as well until I get a new Xbox.
Merged your posts. We have an Edit function here down at the bottom of posts so you can avoid double posting.

Anyway, this'd be my second "Welcome!" to the forums. Enjoy.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

What part of CA are you in? If you're interested in playing offline, in the match making session of the forum we have a NorCal and a SoCal topic where players meet and play offline. We had made plenty of friends, and offline training partners that way that helps level each other up. We're always looking for new players who may need help with the game. You're also free to add me on PSN or XBL. Welcome to FSD.

What part of CA are you in? If you're interested in playing offline, in the match making session of the forum we have a NorCal and a SoCal topic where players meet and play offline. We had made plenty of friends, and offline training partners that way that helps level each other up. We're always looking for new players who may need help with the game. You're also free to add me on PSN or XBL. Welcome to FSD.
That's awesome. I live in Bell Gardens and Snipe actually mentioned this offline casuals that he was planning on going. Might just tag along.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD