New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Randzz

Hi. New to the DOA series but I am learning quite quickly. I play with Honoka and I am looking to learn Leifang real soon. I play on the PS4 and stream all of the time. I am looking to learn, make friends and chill so don't be afraid to holla. <3 Lol. Friend recommended this site so I can look up some BnBs for my character and sure enough I signed up. Although, there should be a Honoka bar so I may display my real main character and not Leifang lol.
Saw your stream earlier, nice mix-ups you had with her. Salutations.

Komatose

Saw your stream earlier, nice mix-ups you had with her. Salutations.

Thank you very much. I am trying my best to get better. I somehow fell in love with this game and this character. I've only been playing for a few days and I believe with patience, time and practice I will become very good. Or good enough lol.

xMiss_Ellax

Hey, Welcome to the community!! Its great to see another UK DOA player on here :)

We usually have regular DOA5 offline sessions & events in London but I would be happy to help you out in DOA5 and teach you some stuffs in it online. I'll add you now on PSN now :)

and thanks @Mr. Wah for the heads up!
Thanks for the welcome, and add. That'd be cool, I've been getting a little disheartened as I'm struggling online so much and my brother is just going on streak after streak, even though I can beat him offline! I need to get better at fighting games in general. :)

Hurricane Rev

Thanks for the welcome, and add. That'd be cool, I've been getting a little disheartened as I'm struggling online so much and my brother is just going on streak after streak, even though I can beat him offline! I need to get better at fighting games in general. :)

No Problem and I know what you mean. Personally, I don't like playing online in general because you can't really play your best on it due to the lag and its something I don't take seriously. Playing Offline is so much better (Its the way forward lool) and I try to organise as much sessions/events as I can set up in London.

So don't be disheartened when it comes to online and like I said before, I would be happy to help you out in this game and in fighting games in general.

Last edited:

Poo Head Yozora

Hello everyone! I'm new to the DOA scene, but I have liked the community so far. You guys are surprisingly nice. I have been playing online and getting tips from the spectators or even my opponent during the match. I look forward to improving my play along side you guys and proud to join this community.

Hello there, FSD. Decided to get registered after looking at ~hundred pages of awesome screenshots you all do here in some threads.

I'm not really "among you" yet, i'm just one of pc guys who preordered Last Round in Steam :) Still, Dead or Alive took my interest earlier, of course. It increased recently, when i was watching video about games from OG Xbox which i missed, and footages of DoA 3 blew my mind (graphics, style, music, stages - all that was in 2001? oh my!). Fightings, shmups and (arcade) racing - three genres which i like but mostly suck playing at. Though funny that fightings were among first games i ever played (UMK3, Tekken 3 and Virtua Fighter 2 introduced me to genre in 2000 when i got sega md2, pc and had a friend with ps1) while warm feelings for remaining two i developed much later. Yeah i'm also a keyboard weirdo who can't play DMC3 on gamepad, though i guess i need to try arcade stick one day because it fits my thoughts that every finger should be on separate button and you're hammerin' down you fingers instead of strange mumbo jumbo with thumbs). So, hm? Ah, i lost my love for Mortal Kombat after i was introduced to SNK (SamSho IV, Last Blade 2, Matrimelee <3) and now i'm falling down into deep sea of adoring Dead or Alive, even though i'm currently non-console guy atm (if u dont count psp), but have desires and ambitions for future (i wanna own Naomi board with DoA 2 and VF4FT hahahaha). This place seems nice and pretty informative so i think i'll stuck here to get experience, knowledge...and MOAR PICZ, PLZ!

I'd also mention that i was butthurted and completely disagree with many posts of @Argentus yet i respect his taste of beauty and aesthetics.

p.s.
My avatar is an enemy from dark and atmospheric dungeon crawler named Baroque, which came out on Saturn and PS1 in Japan and later was remade for PS2/Wii/iOS worldwide.

Jeros

Hello everyone. I've been coming to this site often(especially as LR release drew near) for info & streams so I thought to join FSD. Since getting my copy of LR on PS4, I've been enjoying it a lot. Hopefully I'll learn and develop a variety of strategies for my character; as soon as I figure out who I should use. It's between Nyotengu, Marie Rose, or Honoka. Decisions, decisions...

SpellBound

Hi. New to the DOA series but I am learning quite quickly. I play with Honoka and I am looking to learn Leifang real soon. I play on the PS4 and stream all of the time. I am looking to learn, make friends and chill so don't be afraid to holla. <3 Lol. Friend recommended this site so I can look up some BnBs for my character and sure enough I signed up. Although, there should be a Honoka bar so I may display my real main character and not Leifang lol.
Feel free to add me on PSN for some games.
SoftShocks

Hi. I'm a long-time gamer from the days of arcades, C64s, and Atari 2600s. For a long time in the mid-late 90s Virtua Fighter (1, then 2, then 3) were my favorite arcade games, where a buddy and I would go to Mary K's, the 24 hour arcade in Las Vegas and spend hours taking on all comers. Pai was my girl then. My wife is a huge Mortal Kombat fan ever since she was a kid, so fighting games and video games are welcome in our house. My wife and I mostly played offline stuff, like Final Fantasy and Shadow of the Colossus, until a few years ago when I got into online gaming pretty hard with the Warhammer Space Marine game. I was part of the most successful PS3 chapter on that game for a long time and still game with the clan, including trying to get them into DOA at the moment. My wife joined a NRS based clan a couple years ago. Even though we've been living mostly on Pacific islands the last few years, she went to the last two EVOs for MK and Injustice, and will be going this year. I'm trying to get her to play DOA at the side event. She's a very accomplished cosplayer too. A couple months ago I d/led DOA5U Core Fighters and realized that some familiar Virtua Fighters were part of the game and I had a blast doing 3D fighting again. I bought the full version and some costumes and pre-ordered DOALR right away. I also fell in love with Christie as a main. When MKX drops we'll probably be playing a lot of that at least until July for my wife's training for EVO, but I am encouraging her to do some cross-training in DOA as well and hope to keep learning and growing here for some time to come. So far the folks on FSD have been really helpful and awesome!

SpellBound

Hi. I'm a long-time gamer from the days of arcades, C64s, and Atari 2600s. For a long time in the mid-late 90s Virtua Fighter (1, then 2, then 3) were my favorite arcade games, where a buddy and I would go to Mary K's, the 24 hour arcade in Las Vegas and spend hours taking on all comers. Pai was my girl then. My wife is a huge Mortal Kombat fan ever since she was a kid, so fighting games and video games are welcome in our house. My wife and I mostly played offline stuff, like Final Fantasy and Shadow of the Colossus, until a few years ago when I got into online gaming pretty hard with the Warhammer Space Marine game. I was part of the most successful PS3 chapter on that game for a long time and still game with the clan, including trying to get them into DOA at the moment. My wife joined a NRS based clan a couple years ago. Even though we've been living mostly on Pacific islands the last few years, she went to the last two EVOs for MK and Injustice, and will be going this year. I'm trying to get her to play DOA at the side event. She's a very accomplished cosplayer too. A couple months ago I d/led DOA5U Core Fighters and realized that some familiar Virtua Fighters were part of the game and I had a blast doing 3D fighting again. I bought the full version and some costumes and pre-ordered DOALR right away. I also fell in love with Christie as a main. When MKX drops we'll probably be playing a lot of that at least until July for my wife's training for EVO, but I am encouraging her to do some cross-training in DOA as well and hope to keep learning and growing here for some time to come. So far the folks on FSD have been really helpful and awesome!
I mostly play MK and Injustice too, along with DOA on the side :)

Komatose

An NRS clan ay? Which clan? Welcome to FSD.

Randzz

Salutations, good to see a fellow old fart like myself over here & fellow Christy user to boot. I had a C64C back in the day, it intro'd me to the beauty of emulators & RPGs. I'm also on chess.com though barely on there (I'm simply not a...... great, chess player).

NobleBlend

While I've been a member on this site for almost a year I just recently started to actually use my account. Anyways, I'm a big fan Doa and with the release of LR and buying an X1 I'm looking to get more into the community and find some people chill and have a few matches with. I main Eliot but I also play Lei Fang, NyoTengu and Honoka. I'm also a fan of Halo, I don't have MCC yet but I plan it get at some point.
:eliot::honoka::nyotengu::leifang:#Squad

NorCalSamurai

Yo guys, NorCalSamurai here, pleased to meet you. Pretty much brand new to DOA, but I've got competitive FG experience in Injustice, and play most fighting games at a competent level. Learning DOA because it's an interesting system and I find it to be really fun. I play Mila, but also am learning Jacky. Looking forward to levelling up and figuring this game out.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yo guys, NorCalSamurai here, pleased to meet you. Pretty much brand new to DOA, but I've got competitive FG experience in Injustice, and play most fighting games at a competent level. Learning DOA because it's an interesting system and I find it to be really fun. I play Mila, but also am learning Jacky. Looking forward to levelling up and figuring this game out.

Jacky :jacky:. :) YEAAAHHH!!!!!

Welcome~!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

Hey there! Welcome to FreeStepDodge, and awesome to hear you're enjoying DOA.

We actually have a local scene out here in NorCal. @Prince Adon and I actually host casual sessions offline in Pittsburg on weekends if you're ever interested in playing offline and meeting other players. I am also down to playing online some time too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD