New York DOA5

stinkymonz

Ugh sorry, I just realised I have two midterms to study for over the weekend. Damn it, I'll make it to the next one I swear.

splslick

GGs guys it was alot of fun playing against you all. I'll have something for that Hitomi next time. :cool:

:ein:
Yoooo that Hitomi is too good :O...I'll have something for her too..Also, ggs to @Tenryuga @DestructionBomb ....Your Ein is really good. I had a hard time guessing which counter to throw out against you....I hope that you do get a copy of the game Destruction Bomb :D....Im going to work hard improving on my Sarah since I need to incorporate feints, hitgrabs, and working the stun gauge. Can't wait for the next session :D

splslick

The session as a whole turned out to be really good. We had 7 people show up to the event. Each one playing a different character than the other. I really learned a lot about the game. Next time though, I will double check to see if there will be any other events happening that way I can secure 2 monitors so we can have more players playing at the same time. Will be scheduling the next session soon...Hope to see you guys there :D

Tenryuga

Thing about Ein is that he doesn't work the stun game alot. It's always stun > launch or stun > grab from me most of the time. The main launcher is a mid kick. At least from me it is lmao. If I do decide to go for CB I make it quick and blitz through the threshold lol. He's not all that good at close combat; He's linear and doesn't have long ass strings like Hitomi. If you can bypass his footsies / zoning and spacing you'll have an easier time but I can't let that happen can I? :cool:

splslick

Thing about Ein is that he doesn't work the stun game alot. It's always stun > launch or stun > grab from me most of the time. The main launcher is a mid kick. At least from me it is lmao. If I do decide to go for CB I make it quick and blitz through the threshold lol. He's not all that good at close combat; He's linear and doesn't have long ass strings like Hitomi. If you can bypass his footsies / zoning and spacing you'll have an easier time but I can't let that happen can I? :cool:
You are right....lol....You can't make it easy on anyone...I'm looking forward to your Ein leveling up...If I don't see him anymore, I completely understand the switch to Hitomi =[

Tenryuga

Anybody that didn't show today I definitely think it is in your best interest to attend. DOA online is unplayable as well as frustrating. The dudes at the session were all mad chill and everybody used different characters. I even got some tips and gave out tips myself. It's great learning and leveling up and having fun with people in person so try to make it out the next time!

Tenryuga

You are right....lol....You can't make it easy on anyone...I'm looking forward to your Ein leveling up...If I don't see him anymore, I completely understand the switch to Hitomi =[

Lmao I'm not switching to Hitomi. Shes actually already on my roster. I play Ein, Hayate, Kasumi, Hitomi and Kokoro. I don't drop my characters especially my main lol.

splslick

Lmao I'm not switching to Hitomi. Shes actually already on my roster. I play Ein, Hayate, Kasumi, Hitomi and Kokoro. I don't drop my characters especially my main lol.
I respect the character loyalty...I'm doing the same with Sarah actually...I was thinking about switching mains but after playing ya, I realized I love playing that character too much...She was my main in Virtua Fighter for a very long time...It's not easy dropping someone you love to play as

splslick

Iight guys so I have some good news...It looks like the sessions will most likely happen. Bum is currently trying to schedule a date for it this month :D...Spread the word about hitting him up...The more people asking for it, the more players we get to play against offline :D

Hmm, can I get details for this? Days, times, time length, ppl who make it, how often, who to contact, blah blah, etc. I had a good time offline in my DOA4 days, and I wouldn't mind getting practice in (even tho I am awfully busy).

Tenryuga

Hmm, can I get details for this? Days, times, time length, ppl who make it, how often, who to contact, blah blah, etc. I had a good time offline in my DOA4 days, and I wouldn't mind getting practice in (even tho I am awfully busy).

Sessions are usually held on the weekends. Length varies but people show as early as 3PM and stay till around 11PM or so. @splslick is usually the guy making all the plans. Last time we had 7 people. It would be cool if we could do something this weekend though I don't know if this is too short notice.

Oh alrite, u guys post when you are gonna meet up? Send me msgs as well and I can respond when I know I can make it. I dunno about afternoon sessions tho, but evenings would probably be better for me.

Tenryuga

Oh alrite, u guys post when you are gonna meet up? Send me msgs as well and I can respond when I know I can make it. I dunno about afternoon sessions tho, but evenings would probably be better for me.

You can show whenever you want to show when we have a session. Obviously though you want to show as soon as possible so you can get more games in lmao.

U guys do send msgs to interested ppl tho, rite? This is NYC, things happen at a moment's notice and ppl forget a lot. If someone sent out msgs or reminders, that would work in our favor for turnouts. Trust me, I used to do this very same thing back in the DOA4 days. If these meetups are planned out with messages telling ppl to come and reminders, ppl tend to show up more. I used to play with a group of four or five a few times a month, in Manhattan and Brooklyn, dunno where most of them went.

If things ever work out with meetups and with me, maybe we could all roll together to a tourney one day or something.

Tenryuga

U guys do send msgs to interested ppl tho, rite? This is NYC, things happen at a moment's notice and ppl forget a lot. If someone sent out msgs or reminders, that would work in our favor for turnouts. Trust me, I used to do this very same thing back in the DOA4 days. If these meetups are planned out with messages telling ppl to come and reminders, ppl tend to show up more. I used to play with a group of four or five a few times a month, in Manhattan and Brooklyn, dunno where most of them went.

If things ever work out with meetups and with me, maybe we could all roll together to a tourney one day or something.

Yeah we keep in contact. We message you on FSD and once you show to a session you can exchange numbers with some peeps.

splslick

Sessions are usually held on the weekends. Length varies but people show as early as 3PM and stay till around 11PM or so. @splslick is usually the guy making all the plans. Last time we had 7 people. It would be cool if we could do something this weekend though I don't know if this is too short notice.

Glad to hear more ppl are interested in going to offline sessions....I am planning another one next week since Im still talking to Bum about them...He said he would tell me by the end of the weekend, when we can play at his place...Until then, Im thinking of doing it 11/2...I will be there around 3pm and I will leave around 11pm

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD