New York DOA5

splslick

All you have to do is set a date and time and I'll see about making it out. I'm not going anywhere; This is my game. I'll support it whenever I can and I'll always be around to do it.
I can host a session on the 15th...I rather work on this community than go to a tournament for a game that I am really bad at :D...My question is would you guys rather play at Next Level or would you guys rather play at place? The first option you have to pay to play at a public location plus transportation or you can swing by in Manhattan and just pay for transportation only

Tenryuga

I can host a session on the 15th...I rather work on this community than go to a tournament for a game that I am really bad at :D...My question is would you guys rather play at Next Level or would you guys rather play at place? The first option you have to pay to play at a public location plus transportation or you can swing by in Manhattan and just pay for transportation only

I'm low on funds atm so even though I would usually be fine with either it would be beneficial if you were to host the session at your place.

Kain

Awesome
I think think Mashfest at fashion forty lounge is a good idea. You can bring a setup and it's only 5 bucks to get in. I don't mind next level either.

Tenryuga

BTW guys is 270 health (small life) ok with you all for our sessions? I think this life setting is pretty cool and a little bit better than 300.

splslick

Dude, that's awesome. We should definitely get together and play some games, I really want to get to know this community and get better.
I can't do tomorrow unfortunately =[....I am more than willing to meet anyone that is willing to play a game or two :D

BTW guys is 270 health (small life) ok with you all for our sessions? I think this life setting is pretty cool and a little bit better than 300.
Why do you think 270 is better than 300...I can understand using it to have quicker matches...Just want to hear your reasoning

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Man I hope it's not Wakefield deep or Castle Hill. That ain't a fun trip. But I can make it.

Kain

I'll be at fashion Forty lounge tonight if anyone wants to come out. I know it's short notice, but mashfest is only every other week. I'm pretty eager to get games. I think I can get sha to come as well.

Tenryuga

I can't do tomorrow unfortunately =[....I am more than willing to meet anyone that is willing to play a game or two :D

Why do you think 270 is better than 300...I can understand using it to have quicker matches...Just want to hear your reasoning

Reason I think 270 is a little better is because everything becomes a bit more significant IMO. Throw punishment hurts more, whiff punishment hurts more, pokes hurt more as well as small stun > launch juggles. IMO characters that suck at the stun game get a minor boost here because neutral becomes a bit more important especially since the player doesn't have as much health to toss around. Strike damage is also more proportionate to the amount of damage you get from holds on 270 health. Big juggles like critical burst juggles are taking half life or more like they should, with power blow / launcher doing 60%+ .Hi counter throws are taking a huge chunk and will cause some players to be more thoughtful about what they choose to hold and encourage them to use things like SE and fuzzy guard to duck throws and escape stun instead of using the hold as a crutch. I don't mind 300 health but I feel strike damage overall(excluding chars like Gen Fu) is inadequate and could use a boost on that life setting. I think 270 accomplishes that and more so it's worth trying out to see if you like it.

Kain

I dunno, I'm a little hesitant, the high damage from Tekken is partly why I left, but I guess trying out couldn't be too bad. Plus it would be awkward to have to re-adjust to 300 health when entering tournaments. But I do see your point.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I'll be at fashion Forty lounge tonight if anyone wants to come out. I know it's short notice, but mashfest is only every other week. I'm pretty eager to get games. I think I can get sha to come as well.

What time?

Tenryuga

I dunno, I'm a little hesitant, the high damage from Tekken is partly why I left, but I guess trying out couldn't be too bad. Plus it would be awkward to have to re-adjust to 300 health when entering tournaments. But I do see your point.

This part here is true. Never mind then. I think 270 is something worth trying out but its not that important; we can just leave things on 300 since that's the tournament standard.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD