NG3 Making Folks Wary of DOA5

DriftSlave

more or less, I think the rest of TN felt that it would be a bad thing to leave things in his control. Hayashi isn't a bad guy by all means, it's just that he can fuck up....badly and doesn't know when to speak up either like with that Other M fiasco.

To me the Good he did was this
-NG Dragon Sword
-Sigma 1
-Sigma 2
The bad:
-Rehashing DOAX in PSP and not a actual DOA fighter
-DOAD being a 3DS exclusive
-NG3 falling pale in comparison to Sigma 2 in may ways.
-Deciding only to Fix the WiiU version of NG3....I'm starting to think that Hayashi is the Nintendo version of Itagaki.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Nah, he isn't the Nintendo version of Itagaki... remember, before when he was doing the Sigma's everyone thought he was the PS3 version of Itagaki.

He just makes some.... strategically questionable decisions at times.

DriftSlave

Yeah, i was more or less poking fun at him but it's easy to see why someone could jump on that band wagon. Then again NGS+ was just released for the Vita so *shrugs* who knows.

Still after Sigma 2 having like 4 different playable characters with a armory of weapons and costumes....NG3 just felt like such a rip. The shadows of the world mode does not make up for that either >_>'
eh, w/e though one would only hope Sigma 3 will make it a NG game again(apparently Razors Edge will bring it back...but seemingly a WiiU exclusive....just uhhg)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hayashi is producer for DOA5.

Shimbori is the director of DOA5. Hayashi is the Team NINJA director.

Any time Hayashi and Shimbori were in the same room with fans, any questions of NG were taken by Hayashi and any questions of DOA5 would have Hayashi push Shimbori forward. Similar can be said with their interviews, you can notice that Hayashi talks about the general PR lines of "Fighting Entertainment" and vague marketing ideas. However, Shimbori is the one to answer questions about the system, its changes, and his goals on balance and gameplay.

jaiwhite205

what does that have to do with anything?
NG2 and to a lesser extent Sigma2 were good, Hayashi made alot of different decisions when going into NG3...changing the formula drastically. The after effect of that is what's worrying people as they feel those bad decisions will effect DOA5

while its true that no DOA was in development after NG2 it still stands that Itagaki had a good mindset when it came to that series...Hayashi proved to only be competent in improving(at best) Itagaki's old work, but then that is bais on my part.
Well I was just saying, because the combat system in NG2 was hella good, but not really that good in NG3. So I'm thinking there's gonna be a lot of combos and shit in DOA5. TBH, I don't know shit about the technical side of this game, I just know action games.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD