Ninja Gaiden Sigma Thread

NinjaRayMan

Trying to finish NGS1 on very hard. On Ch 18 "The Core". I have to make it up the Imperial palace and fight all the waves of enemies, ghost fish, and bosses. I have all the max health I can carry (trying to save it for the emperor and Murai) but I used my Talisman of Rebirth already. I'm getting owned. Any tips?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Trying to finish NGS1 on very hard. On Ch 18 "The Core". I have to make it up the Imperial palace and fight all the waves of enemies, ghost fish, and bosses. I have all the max health I can carry (trying to save it for the emperor and Murai) but I used my Talisman of Rebirth already. I'm getting owned. Any tips?

If you have a UF use this method (Hopefully you do!):

have to have very very low health for it to work
1. For the hydra - Break both arms (UT)(STSSS)(UT) bam its dead in a few seconds
2. For the snow yetti - STSSS (X2) Its dead
3. Marbus same as yetti

My memory is a little bad but I think on very hard you fight the greater alma and Isahtors instead of the hydra and the snow yeti

1. Greater Alma: Wall Jump Spam T with UF
2. Ishators - True Dragonsword - after her kick do SSST
3. Marbus same as yetti strategy

K now you'll climb the stairs fall and fight this giant lady or w/e just spam gleaming bad UTs with the DS

Now for the skull monster or w/e - just go in the lava, go right under it and keep spamming Inuzama ninpo

Now for Fiend Murai use UF - Jump in the lava and get your hp down to 10%

Make sure you have full ninpo gauge and devils and set your ninpo to inferno

When the fight starts right away cast inferno, >T, Inferno >T and keep repeating - he will die in like 10 seconds lol

sorry this guide is really rushed and messy I haven't done NGS on very hard yet and am just remembering NGB strategy that I used to use ^.^

Ill try to do this chapter on very hard on NGB and record with iphone lol :)
edit: cool i have a very hard save on the imeprial palace core so i will record it

edit: hm my NGB disc is dying on me, i need a new one lol

You think you can give me your Very hard save?

Last edited:

NinjaRayMan

Aw hell, Looks like i may have to start over though cause I didn't upgrade the wooden sword to the UF nor did I know Alma and Ishators replaced the other 2 bosses. I don't know how I'll make it past all of them without the UF or a Talisman.
Is there a quicker was of upgrading the wooden sword than fighting the shadow demon dudes in the sewer over and over again in the hall of balance level?
Looking forward to watching your vid and thanks for your help.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Aw hell, Looks like i may have to start over though cause I didn't upgrade the wooden sword to the UF nor did I know Alma and Ishators replaced the other 2 bosses. I don't know how I'll make it past all of them without the UF or a Talisman.
Is there a quicker was of upgrading the wooden sword than fighting the shadow demon dudes in the sewer over and over again in the hall of balance level?
Looking forward to watching your vid and thanks for your help.

Ye will only work if you didn't kill all the roaches

Remember the elevator in the hall of balance which takes you down to tons of bugs? Keep spamming Dabby UT then go back up before you kill them all and repeat will takel ike 10 minutes

btw you can do it without the UF, UF just makes it faster

If you send me your game save then I can just record it on sigma

edit: I think my NGB disc is dying on me or my xbox, keeps freezing lol >.>

Last edited:

NinjaRayMan

Remember the elevator in the hall of balance which takes you down to tons of bugs? Keep spamming Dabby UT then go back up before you kill them all and repeat will takel ike 10 minutes
Awesome!
And it took my 360 forever to play my NGB disc, which is why i said screw it and switched to sigma

NinjaRayMan

very nice, you werent kidding about the UF. ahh non-glitchy marbus, how I miss thee!
I really need to watch other people play more to see what tricks they have learned and quit stubbornly trying to figure everything out myself. All these years I've been playing NGB and I had no idea you could do a 360 UT, SSST owned Ishtaros or Murai could be beat so easily. wow I feel like such a noob

DeathHand

I fully completed ng black 3 times, I dont play it in a year i think, but that enough for me, the new ninja gaiden games feel nothing like the good old one...I guess Ill just have to save money one day to buy a ps3 and ng sigma =P I like what they did with the wind reverse in that game and the walk on top of the water gameplay, feels way better than the one in ng2

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Im not happy with Yaiba but I will be purchasing to support Team Ninja, so they better make NG4 good!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm always up for Ninja Gaiden discussion, and I haven't really talked about how much I hate Yaiba yet and how it went from intriguing to catastrophic.

Here is a good thing about Yaiba: it's something new, and it has a pretty cool art style.

The bad:

Yaiba. If you watch the introduction to why the game exists, Ryu beats Yaiba's ass. Yaiba in my opinion is a bitch, but he acts like he's Duke Nukem. When he comes back as a cyber ninja, I must admit; his design is pretty cool, but Team Ninja misses the mark with him pertaining to everything else. Itagaki made good villains....

This game also has the humor of Duke Nukem. A combo being called "meat slapper" does not sound appealing to me at all. I think most Ninja Gaiden players wouldn't take kindly to this type of humor, which doesn't even warrant a grin from me. Perverted jokes in games... save that for Rockstar, they clearly understand humor.

It is a completely different system from Ninja Gaiden. This is not good in my eyes. It's obviously a button masher, and since the enemies are zombies you can bet your ass they are going to be looking at you more than attacking you. And from what I've seen, you kill nothing but brain dead zombies... how is that going to transition when you inevitably fight Ryu Hayabusa at the end?

If Yaiba was to be killing ninjas from Ryu's clan, burning down his village and killing babies; now that would be a little more engaging to me. But nothing appeals to be me with this art style, this gameplay and this story.

I want Ninja Gaiden 4, I want it to be good, and I want to play as Ryu and Hayate. I want Code Cronus. I want anything but this.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
criticizing anything for its humor is honestly a waste of time there never was nor will there ever be a set definition for what is funny, i personally found it to be pretty funny and so did my friend. i cant believe you are still looking at this from the perspective of an NG player its set in our world but it isn't a game made for us i cant stress this enough its liking criticizing Revengence for not having enough stealth.

unfortunately even looking at this from an unbiased point of view i seriously have my doubts about the game as well it is looking very shallow in terms of gameplay but i play DW so i honestly cant tell if ill dislike it or not.

even if it was a good game its hard to get excited for it because im scared to death the marketing reflects on the game and my god is it cringe worthy.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I mean a game like this would have been funny in the 90s when potty humor was in, but to me it just isn't anymore and I think it's going to be an element that is widely panned by the critics after release.

Team Ninja is supposed to be serious in my opinion, there are some funny elements tied-in to Dead or Alive, but overall Ninja Gaiden is supposed to be some serious shit.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Oh it's going to be slammed by he critics big time. Bulletstorm had the same type of humor and it was a much better game than this is probably gonna be and had a great original concept. Also toilet humor is fart jokes this is adult humor

TN is serious? Don't know about you but siaxis controlled tits,OMG mode, and booby mouse pads doesn't scream that to me. No this game is pretty much right up their alley in terms of in your face sexual innuendo

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD