Lorenzo Buti

Imagine what if William Adams became a 3D Fighter rather than slashing away yokais with his sword and would have the upper advantage at handling his opponents with his own fists? He would've taken on the Ancient NyoTengu in this screenshot for example!

Nioh as a 3D Fighting Game Fit.png

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Imagine what if William Adams became a 3D Fighter rather than slashing away yokais with his sword and would have the upper advantage at handling his opponents with his own fists? He would've taken on the Ancient NyoTengu in this screenshot for example!

View attachment 37898
Give me Yuki Onna and I have my main♡♡

maxresdefault - 2023-04-15T201629.555.jpg

Ice, blue, bitch, AND hime cut??? ♡♡♡

Kasumi-Phase-X

Nioh as 3D fighting game would be a perfect alternative for Worldwide Releases, eSports/EVO, & Cooler/Serious approach for their direction in term of fighting game. It would be nicer for Team Ninja to have 2nd fighting game franchise other than DOA.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I actually talked with Master about this a while back. He thought that the concept was interesting, especially with the high/med/low stance transitions and guardian spirit/shift mechanics. I guess the only problem would be finding someone within TN who has actual skills and experience developing fighting games (since Shimbori left). But again, he and I had this talk MONTHS ago.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think the biggest problem would be making more assets. They would probably just include William into the next game and call it a wrap on that. Though a Team NINJA weapons fighter would be quite interesting. Kasumi, Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Rachel, Jann Lee, Momiji, Bayman (maybe Eliot) could all be in from the go.

P2p1mbs

They can just add William as a fighter in DOA and make ANOTHER time travel story explanation and be done with it.

I like to think they can add a dialogue with him and Rachel where she's been waiting to meet him again then when William returns to his native timeline, he runs into a child Rachel revealing she's also centuries old (explaining why her age isn't specified).

Lorenzo Buti

I think the biggest problem would be making more assets. They would probably just include William into the next game and call it a wrap on that. Though a Team NINJA weapons fighter would be quite interesting. Kasumi, Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, Rachel, Jann Lee, Momiji, Bayman (maybe Eliot) could all be in from the go.
But the Roster for Nioh’s characters should only rather have humans and their historical depictions that aren’t four-legged monsters. I’d say I’ll try to make one up.

P2p1mbs

Angel Eyes already exists, and it doesn't get brought up. I'd like to see that collab with DOA or make a crossover game with the two universes.

That series got referenced in one of the last DLC costume packs in DOA5LR, I think that's as far as we'll see of that series being connected to DOA.

I personally think DOA already IS the crossover series, after all, Ryu was around long before DOA and his appearance in the first DOA game confirmed that DOA and NG were part of a shared universe. Then Naotora showed up in 5 implying her home series is part of the shared universe as well (though her not returning for DOA6 like Rachel and Momiji did may be an argument against that).

Then there's Akira and Sarah showing up in DOA5's story mode and Mai and Kula in DOA6...

There's also Nicole in DOA4 and the Metroid stage in Dimensions...

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

Angel Eyes already exists, and it doesn't get brought up. I'd like to see that collab with DOA or make a crossover game with the two universes.
Angel Eyes wasn't developed by Team Ninja it was developed by Tecmo, also Angel Eyes never got sequels unlike DOA since the only game that existed was Arcade (which you can get for Nintendo Switch & PS4) & PS1 release, and most importantly this game wouldn't fit well with Worldwide release, eSports/EVO, & Cooler/Serious approach (which was part of DOA6 direction during interviews). 2nd Team Ninja Fighting Game should be a completely original IP from scratch made for Worldwide/Western taste while DOA & Angel Eyes (if KT cares) were made only for Japanese/Asian taste to the point of only being released in Japan/Asia like DOAX3 & DOAXVV.

TheHunterKiller692

Angel Eyes wasn't developed by Team Ninja, it was developed by Tecmo.
So, it stands to reason that both DOA and Angel Eyes were published in-house by Tecmo personally.

First, This game wouldn't fit well with Worldwide release, eSports/EVO, & Cooler/Serious approach (which was part of DOA6 direction during interviews). Second, Team Ninja's next FG should be a completely original IP from scratch made for Worldwide/Western taste while DOA & Angel Eyes (if KT cares) were made only for Japanese/Asian tastes only.
I see where you're coming from, but either people are still hung up on DOA 5 not selling as well as Halo 4 or BO2 in the States, or they're treating "international" or "localization" like it's a dirty word.

TheHunterKiller692

I personally think DOA already IS the crossover series, after all, Ryu was around long before DOA and his appearance in the first DOA game confirmed that DOA and NG were part of a shared universe. Then Naotora, Akira and Pai showed up in 5 implying her home series is part of the shared universe as well (though her not returning for DOA6 like Rachel and Momiji did may be an argument against that.)
There's also Nicole in DOA4 and the Metroid stage in Dimensions...
True, but not all of the crossovers are canon, last I checked.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD