[Nov 10, 2012] Bar Battles 3 - Charity Fights round 2 (philadelphia, pa)

The HuBBs

DOA5 will be there. Stream will be handled by Jaxel of 8wayrun.

barbattles3.jpg

------------------------------------

Big E Gaming presents: Charity Fights 2/Bar Battle 3

The good folks at Big E Gaming (Big E, Rob Hubbs and Kattermari) present the 2nd annual charity event, to show that the FGC can make a difference in the local community. This event will be dedicated to raising funds for The Salvation Army, Marines Toys for tots and Women Against Abuse of Philadelphia as well as a canned food drive for local food pantries. This is a chance for the FGC to show that we’re not just gamers and we can make a real difference in our local community! Come on out and show some support!
Charities
waa.jpg
A 501(c)3 nonprofit domestic violence agency, provides comprehensive services to the Philadelphia community. Our services include emergency shelter, transitional housing, legal services, behavioral healthcare, advocacy and education.
The mission of Women Against Abuse is to provide quality, compassionate, and nonjudgmental services in a manner that fosters self-respect and independence in persons experiencing intimate partner violence and to lead the struggle to end domestic violence through advocacy and community education.
salvation_army.jpg
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Where?
University Pinball Family Fun Center
4006-08 Spruce St.
Philadelphia Pa. 19104
And
The Copa Bar and Grill
4000 Spruce St.
Philadelphia Pa. 19104
When?
Saturday, Nov. 10th, 2012
Arcade opens at 8am.
SSF4 AE-- tbd-- start time - Prize Info will be posted later.
UMvC3- tbd-- start time - ''''''
P4A-- tbd - '''''''''
TTT2-- tbd--Prize info will be posted later.
More game info will be posted in the next few Weeks.
GENERAL RULES:
$25 venue fee and all tournaments will be free entry($15 to venue and $10 to charity). All proceeds will go towards our charity of choice.
$100 pot will be added by Big E for SSF4:AE, UMvC3 and MK9.
All tournaments are double elimination
All matches are best 2 of 3 games except grand finals which is 3 of 5 games
You may request blind pick
Floating will occur at the discretion of the tournament director - no floating will occur past the top 16 of any tournament unless all remaining parties agree
CONDUCT:
No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances allowed in the tournament area - (arcade only)NO EXCEPTIONS!
Fighting will result in ejection from the tournament area
GAME RULES:
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (ps3):
2 of 3 rounds
Winner keeps same character between games, but may change ultras
All characters are tournament legal
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3):
3 of 5 rounds
Winner keeps same character and assists between games
All characters are tournament legal
P4A (PS3):
2 of 3 rounds
Winner keeps same character between games
TTT2 (PS3):
2 of 3 rounds
Winner keeps same character between games.
RAFFLES!
We will have a number of additional prizes to raffle off that you will not want to miss out on! Each raffle ticket will be $5 and all tournament entrants who had paid their venue fee will receive 3 free raffle tickets. Such prizes include:
Free(1 night) Hotel Room for NEC XIII on 12/3/2012
Madcatz TE Fightsticks
Headphones
5 free Pizza for your Room.
Best Buy Gift Certificates
NEC T Shirts
And more!!!
Even if you cannot stay until the raffle drawings we will be more than happy to take your information and make sure any prizes you win will not be given away due to absence.
Donations:
If you would like to donate but cannot make it to the event please call Eric/Big E and we can arrange a pick up within a reasonable driving distance. His number is 267-231-8996.
You can also send money donation to my paypal: eric2necphilly@yahoo.com
U.S. Marine Corps
The U.S. Marine Corps has initiated a new charity campaign and are requesting new and used clothes and toys. Please bring whatever you can.
Women Against Abuse Donation Needs
Due to space limitations, we are currently accepting ONLY the following items (please note that all items must be NEW):
  • Maternity Clothing
  • Boys and girls clothing sizes 5-16
  • Gift cards (K-Mart, Target, Walmart)
  • Diapers (all sizes), wipes, formula
  • Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
  • Wash cloths, towels, twin sheets
  • Kitchen equipment, small appliances
  • Laundry detergent
  • Pillows
  • Twin blankets
In addition, please consider donating the following office and school supplies for women seeking employment and children in school:
  • 2013 planners
  • USB drives
  • Resume paper
  • Portfolios
  • Blank cards for thank you not
Canned Food Drive
We will have a box for collecting non-perishable canned foods that we will donate to local Philadelphia food pantries. During the winter it’s especially important to make sure the pantries have enough supply to provide. Even if it’s just bringing in whatever you have in your house it would be greatly appreciated!​
Special Thanks To:
250px-Madcatz_logo.jpg
And
namco%20bandai%20logo_0.jpg

For providing the event with so many fantastic prizes.​
*All profits after covering event expenses will be donated equally amongst our charity partners.*​

The HuBBs

Hey guys, if anyone is able to amke this I highly recommend it. Last year's charity event was HUGE and this year's is looking to be even bigger.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just one month away, for those in the North East who aren't able to make it to DID.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
So I just found out from my boss that if I want to go to NEC this year, I can't use another sick day between now and Dec 1st. As a result, I unfortunately can no longer make this. Hope a fair number of people are able to show up!

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Kind of a newbie question, but will the stream be archived? I want to watch, but I'll be at work so I'll miss the live stream.

Smithy

I assume it will since jaxel is streaming it

Posted from my megabus

edit: results!

1st - mr. kwiggle (lisa, leifang)
2nd - sonic fox (christie, kokoro)
3rd - matt ponton (bass, kasumi)
4th - hubbs (gen fu, akira, tina, bass)
5th - smithy (gen fu, jann lee)/sean y (ayane)
7th - cajawa (christie, hayabusa)/token (kokoro)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD