[Nov 17, 2012] Georgia's Fight Club (Jonesboro, GA)

Allan Paris

DOA_Cropped.jpg

Date: November 17, 2012
Time: 3:00pm-11:00pm
Address: 102 Turner Road 30236

Game and Venue Registration Fees:
At the Door Registration Fee: $15
Dead or Alive 5-Singles Entry Fee: $5
Dead or Alive 5-Tag Team: $5 (per player)

Food at the Venue:
Hot Dogs: $1
Hamburgers: $? (figuring this out, it won't be expensive)
Soda: .50
Chicken: $ (figuring this out, it won't be expensive)

Important Announcement:
This venue will be capped at 100 people. It would help me greatly if players would make it known of their status on attending this event. Posting in this thread or contacting me personally will suffice.

Thank you.

Game Rules:
Dead or Alive 5 will be ran on the PS3. Tag Team tournament will be 2/3 for normal matches and 2/3 for final matches. Singles tournament will be 3/5 for normal matches and 3/5 for final matches. Both tournaments will be Double Elimination.

You must have a Tag partner to play in the Tag Team tournament.

Match Settings:
Tag Team
+Pro Settings
+Largest Life
+99secs
+Dangerzones On
+Winners have character
+Camera: Classic

Singles
+Pro Settings
+Normal Life
+60secs
+Dangerzones On
+Winner has character lock
+Camera: Classic

Alpha152 is not banned but she will not be playable at this tournament. I am not spending the time unlocking her. I have a busy schedule. Everyone else besides her will be available to play.

Schedule:
Doors open at 10am, venue and entry fees will be collected between 10am-2pm. Make sure you register and pay your entry fee by 2pm. Then check in at the sign up table.

The Tag Team tournament will start @3:00pm and Singles will start @6:00pm. The venue will close at 11pm. Both tournaments will continue on Sunday @12pm if neccessary.

Cash Prize:
Singles: $300 70/20/10 for Top 3
Tag Team: $200 70/20/10 for Top 3

Saturday 11/3/12:
Tag Team: 3:00pm- $5 entry fee- pot Bonus
Singles: 6:00pm- $5 entry fee- pot Bonus

Sunday 11/4/12:
Cont. DOA5 Singles @12pm
Cont. DOA5 Tag Team @12pm

There will be 5 setups for this tournament. Casual matches will be going on before and during the tournament. On 1 TV separate from the setups for the tournament. Controllers will not be provided for players, BYOC! The Xbox 360 may be one of the casual setups, bring a Xbox 360 controller just in case.

Neither tournament will be streamed, but they will be recorded. The semi and grand finals for both tournaments will be posted on: YouTube, http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/, and in this thread.

If you're in Georgia come out and play, represent your game. I am doing this for you Georgians before I leave from down here. I know a lot of you are down here and it makes no sense that there's not a scene for Dead or Alive down here. I hope you guys and possibly players outside of Georgia can come out and play, so you all can network with each other to get something going down here.

GEORGIA STAND UP!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me in a private message or in this thread.

Contacts:
Twitter: @iAllanParis
Facebook: Facebook.com/iAllanParis
Email: a1apgames@hotmail.com

These are 4 hotels/motels/Inns that I found in the immediate area. There a couple more but their just a little further than these and the prices go up some. Unfortunately I don't know any hotel managers so the prices are the standard prices the hotels/motels charge.
Hotels

Savannah Suites
8240 Tara Boulevard 30236
(770)280-3400
1.6 mi, 5 mins away from the venue
$31.99 Single (queen size) bed: a night
$37.99 Double bed: a night

Motel 6 Jonesboro
628 Southside Commerical Park 30236
(678)674-1360
4.7 mi, 11 mins away from the venue
$37 a night

Royal Inn
740 North Avenue 30236
(770)478-7759
2.0 mi, 6 mins away from the venue
$53 a night

Best Western Southlake Inn
6437 Jonesboro Road Morrow, GA 30260
(770)961-6300
3.9 mi, 9 mins away from the venue
$56 a night

Brute

Standard Donor
Oooh, it's on my birthday.
Bit far out there for me, but I look forward to seeing who wins it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm in as long as there's room for my Christie doll.

No, that's too disturbing... how about I bring pizza instead?

P.S: The folks at the GX are aware.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Call me crazy, but I'm gonna try to go to this. I have friends I can stay with along the way and I've done the drive before. It's not too bad. Just have to hope my money holds up and I can get off work. How close is Jonesboro to Decatur?

RhythmikDesigns

Call me crazy, but I'm gonna try to go to this. I have friends I can stay with along the way and I've done the drive before. It's not too bad. Just have to hope my money holds up and I can get off work. How close is Jonesboro to Decatur?

I've only been to Decatur a few times and thats downtown Decatur, its takes me 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. I've only been here 3 years so may not know the best routes. Others may be able to tell you how to get to Jonesboro quicker.

Allan Paris

I'm in as long as there's room for my Christie doll.

No, that's too disturbing... how about I bring pizza instead?

P.S: The folks at the GX are aware.

If she's not lifesize, sure. You don't have to bring a pizza, your controller will be enough. If you really want to bring a pizza, for old times sake you are welcome to bring one. Will any GX players be coming with you? I hope you can convert a few of them to DoA.

I can't give you an exact distance but, you can google whatever address you'll be at and this tournament address. Id say it's about 30-35 minutes but that depends on where in Decatur you'll be coming from. Overall the drive won't be bad.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If she's not lifesize, sure. You don't have to bring a pizza, your controller will be enough. If you really want to bring a pizza, for old times sake you are welcome to bring one. Will any GX players be coming with you? I hope you can convert a few of them to DoA.
Only one person from the GX expressed serious interest so far after some heavy convincing.

Come October, I'll be meeting up with him at the GX to get him up to speed. Who knows, I might even draw more interest from other visitors there or at AWA.

Allan Paris

Only one person from the GX expressed serious interest so far after some heavy convincing.

Come October, I'll be meeting up with him at the GX to get him up to speed. Who knows, I might even draw more interest from other visitors there or at AWA.

Nice!

reese

Dont try and be there. You need to be there or else... Im gonna make it JIGGLE!! Biotch
Ohh... I guess I'll show up if Headshotdemon40 shows up ready to wrestle. Tehee. Make it JIGGLE brah.

Well since you threating to make it JIGGLE lol guess I got no choice but to show up. When I do imma bring my cloud cause you kno me I MAKE IT RAIN ON DEM HOES....tehee

Oh and since Headshotdemon40 gone be there definatly wearing my onezees just for him lol
Don't think for a second you getting out of this to AP...ugh get money

ALL BECAUSE IMMA BOUT THAT LIFE!!!

Allan Paris

OP updated.

I was not able to get the online venue registration setup. So there will ony be the at the door venue fee. I am glad that more than a few players are showing interest in this tournamnet. I am going to make sure it is memorable for the players that do show up.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Looks like I might not be able to stay in Decatur. Is there a hotel nearby? If I can attend I'll be coming from Boston, so I'd need a place to crash for at least one night. If not, the least I'll need is a place to sleep in my car if someone can give me a driveway haha.

Allan Paris

Looks like I might not be able to stay in Decatur. Is there a hotel nearby? If I can attend I'll be coming from Boston, so I'd need a place to crash for at least one night. If not, the least I'll need is a place to sleep in my car if someone can give me a driveway haha.

I was actually looking at some hotels today. I know of one hotel in the area. I will be looking around the area for more. I will try post them up tonight. If not tonight definately by tomorrow. Lol, there is plenty of driveway/parking space for you to do that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD