Observations on Akira execution differences in DOA5 from VF5

Extra

I figure this might be of use to someone.

SPOD (:P+K:, :4::3::F+P:, :6::P:)
Unlike in VF5, it seems to me you cannot hold the last direction and press :P: and expect the last hit to come out. I sometimes roll my stick from :3: (after :4::3::F+P:) to :6: and hold it there while I press :P: for the final input in VF5. THIS WILL NOT WORK in DOA5. You MUST tap the final direction input as a separate input after :4::3:.

DLC (:3: :F+K:, :P: , :4::6::6::P+K:)
Once again there's an execution difference. Ever since VF5FS, this move has been simplified, and I started to become lazy and doing this move more like :3: :F+K:, :4::P:, :6::6::P+K:. Doing it this way will not work in DOA5. :4::6::6: directional inputs must be done AFTER :P: is pressed and cannot be buffered.

All of his "on hit" moves have different timings (such as :3_::6: :P::P:, :2::F+K::P::P:, :6::P::4::K::F+P:). They need to be executed slower, and the windows are now huge.

:6::6::P+K:, :F+P:, :F: chain timing is completely different. You cannot buffer any of the sequential commands like you can in VF5FS. It's taking some time for me to get rid of the habit of buffering :F: right after inputting :F+P:, but doing this in DOA5 will not work.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) his Guardbreak of Doom is exactly the same, except slightly easier timing it seems like. I practiced this move so much so that I could do it in my sleep (no I couldn't >_< but closer everyday!).

wali

I figure this might be of use to someone.

SPOD (:P+K:, :4::3::F+P:, :6::P:)
Unlike in VF5, it seems to me you cannot hold the last direction and press :P: and expect the last hit to come out. I sometimes roll my stick from :3: (after :4::3::F+P:) to :6: and hold it there while I press :P: for the final input in VF5. THIS WILL NOT WORK in DOA5. You MUST tap the final direction input as a separate input after :4::3:.

DLC (:3: :F+K:, :P: , :4::6::6::P+K:)
Once again there's an execution difference. Ever since VF5FS, this move has been simplified, and I started to become lazy and doing this move more like :3: :F+K:, :4::P:, :6::6::P+K:. Doing it this way will not work in DOA5. :4::6::6: directional inputs must be done AFTER :P: is pressed and cannot be buffered.

All of his "on hit" moves have different timings (such as :3_::6: :P::P:, :2::F+K::P::P:, :6::P::4::K::F+P:). They need to be executed slower, and the windows are now huge.

:6::6::P+K:, :F+P:, :F: chain timing is completely different. You cannot buffer any of the sequential commands like you can in VF5FS. It's taking some time for me to get rid of the habit of buffering :F: right after inputting :F+P:, but doing this in DOA5 will not work.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) his Guardbreak of Doom is exactly the same, except slightly easier timing it seems like. I practiced this move so much so that I could do it in my sleep (no I couldn't >_< but closer everyday!).
welcome to our club Extra nice to see another Akira player in this forum

Ghosty-J

Good to have another Akira player around. Now I don't feel so lonely online : D
*shot*

Pretty useful info. Although the Guardbreak of Doom is considerably easier to pull off than it was in Final Showdown since the windows are so large. Doesn't excuse it from being difficult to pull off by DoA standards though. I manage to pull it off when I'm standing on the left 80% of the time, but standing on the right is an entirely different story. I gotta try and pull it off online sometime so I can finally have a tool to troll blockers with~ :3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD