[Oct 20, 2012] DOA World Series Season 0 - Round 2 (Xbox Live) (Xbox Live)

daman077c

DATE: October 20, 2012
2:00 PM PST
3:00 PM MST
4:00 PM CST
5:00 PM EST
10:00 PM London Time

This is Round 2 in a series of online tournaments, with the top 8 players gaining points via their finishing position (12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1, from first to eighth) at each tournament. Whomever has the most points after the final tournament, wins the series.

Tournament Rules
+ Double Elimination

For points distribution reasons, there will be tiebreakers for 5th place and 7th place, with the losers of those matches taking 6th and 8th place, respectively.

+ Time: 60 Seconds
+ Life: Normal
+ Winner Has Character Lock
+ Regular Matches (3 Rounds): Best of 3 games
Semi Finals (3 Rounds): Best of 5 games
Grand Finals (3 Rounds): Best of 7 games

PLAYERS
1. PowerPlayX2
2. GreatGiovanni
3. Tamisu
4. Vicioushellsing
5. Poochy725
6. autoaim
7. ExiLed SplaT
8. Digi MAB
9. leifang12
10. Serenity_IX
11. A1R GEAR
12. NykNyks
13. Yawbus Don
14. andaub
15. TB brightgamer
16. vChris Redfield
17. Julius Rage
18. Aegus Ornus
(Tournament is capped at 32 participants)

Points after Round 1 (10/6/2012 Event):
1. NykNyks - 12pts
2. Nightantilli - 9pts
3. Yawbus Don - 7pts
4. GreatGiovanni - 5pts
5. xXLlokkkiXx - 4pts
6. PowerPlayX2 - 3pts
7. IceMage95 - 2pts
8. JKE Smoker - 1pt

Tournament Organizer: Please make sure that your gamertag is spelled correctly on your profile here at FSD; There were a few people who didn't have their GT's correct for the last tournament, and for the sake of time, were omitted from participating.

So, after the debacle that was the first event, I'm going to a traditional double elimination tournament, which will make things MUCH easier, not to mention, it will move faster. If 16 or less people enter, we'll have some fun and just do one big 16 man round robin block, top 8 move on, and then double elimination from there.

Also, with PowerPlay (The internet lounge I go to) quite possibly closing, this may end up being the last tournament I run under the PowerPlayX2 gamertag (I'd be running them under the fragnbastich1 GT in the future). Start time has also been moved WAY forward to help UK players enter. Hope to see people enter!

daman077c

Change the date.

To what? This is an online tournament for people NOT going to your tournament. This tournament is the last weekend PowerPlay is going to be open; he's got a litany of tournaments (including this one) going for that weekend. If he wasn't closing, I'd have done this on the 27th.

Tokkosho

To what? This is an online tournament for people NOT going to your tournament. This tournament is the last weekend PowerPlay is going to be open; he's got a litany of tournaments (including this one) going for that weekend. If he wasn't closing, I'd have done this on the 27th.
i think he might mean cause it says october 6th at the top, btw why is the place closing?

daman077c

No money; a lot of his customers have moved on, and he's been losing a good chunk of money every month. There is a chance he stays open, but it's unlikely.

Blackburry

Standard Donor

Yeah was referring to the date that you have at the beginning of your post was wrong.

Tokkosho

i hope he does stay open, sounds like a good place for local tournies. do people not hold tournies often or is it just an expensive place to keep open?

daman077c

i hope he does stay open, sounds like a good place for local tournies. do people not hold tournies often or is it just an expensive place to keep open?

He did a Call of Duty tournament the last Saturday of the month, and occasionally he had League of Legends tournaments, and we had one major cash Super Smash Brothers: Brawl tournament with the winner getting $1,000.

NukNuks

I assume the people that have points on the board are automatically entered? If not then sign me up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD