[Oct 5, 2013] Ground Zero: Crimson (Newark, CA)

NukNuks

Capsule Entertainment is sponsoring this event in Newark.

October 5th, 2013
Tournament sign ups: 11am - 1pm
Event registration: $10
Entry Fee for each game: $10
Spectating is free

Games (All on PS3)
-Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Soul Calibur V
-Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

70/20/10 prize pot split

B.Y.O.C (Bring Your Own Controller)

If you're considering going to this it's necessary you check out the facebook event post.

https://www.facebook.com/events/465643836843395/

Rubedood

Probably won't make it to this, but it looks cool. GL everyone

Also, you're having VF there, you should post it over at VFDC, so they know about it

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Top 3 Results for GroundZero: Crimson

1st AFD | TB HajinShinobi
2nd Punishere
3rd AFD | TB TenjinShadow

2ugmqso.jpg

There was great matches all throughout the tournament, even at all skill levels. It was an exciting event, for sure. VF5FS was also really hype. I definitely enjoyed watching the bracket play for it too. DOA5U actually had the highest turnout at this event, which is amazing. Even if it was only 11 entrants. VF5FS had the second highest amountt (not sure what it was though).

I had a great time today playing everyone and meeting more players~

My objectives were:

- To win!
- Get my revenge win on Nykko (you know I love you bro, but I had to avenge my 1337Lounge loss lol).
- Have a good time and play everyone.

I did all three so my mission was accomplished. I won an awesome Quaba Pro 2.0 Arcade Stick too! Now to chill with Shadow and CJ for the rest of the weekend before I return to SoCal. I'm really going to miss it out here and these guys...

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Single mic commentary should never happen. Seriously worse than just not having it at all. The fact that Punishere finds literally everything funny didn't help, but I'm glad that everyone (Punishere included) seemed to have a good time. Always nice to see tournaments do well. Eleven people isn't exactly a major but for something I didn't even know existed that's not too shabby.

The Cali scene should pull together for a bigger event with at least several months notice. It's amazing what a lot of time before an event can do for numbers.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
We have been giving notice of this event for months now. I myself always personally pursue players rather it's taking advantage of fsd, doaw, fb, psn, xbl or even my phone. Plenty of players knew about it, but it's there choice if they decide to show up or not. I do agree with the single commentary, though, but it was something we were not aware of.

Also 11 is a pretty solid number for this type of event. Especially in NorCal and it keep doors open for more events/promotions and exposure. We did the best we can to make this tournament enjoyable for the players and the viewers. I am actually pretty proud of it. We also were the main event with the best numbers beating out VF5FS, SC5 and even TTT2.

Sixmsj

Wish I could've made it guys. Work and/or school every day of the week. Don't even have time to get on dat Live.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD