[Oct 6, 2012] DOA World Series "Proof of Concept" Online Tournament (Xbox Live)

daman077c

DATE: October 6, 2012
4:00 PM PST
5:00 PM MST
6:00 PM CST
7:00 PM EST
12:00 AM London Time

This is a "Proof of Concept" tournament meant to test the feasibility of online tournaments, considering we've been told nothing about DOA 5's netcode. If everything goes swimmingly, there will be a future online series of tournaments, with the top 8 players gaining points via their finishing position (12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1, from first to eighth) at each tournament. Whomever has the most points after the final tournament, wins the series.

Tournament Rules
+ Round Robin Pool Play to Double Elimination

How it works: All of the entrants are evenly split into 4 blocks (or as evenly split as possible, depending on the number of people signed up), where they'll play everyone in their block once. The top two in each block will move on to the Double Elimination stage.

If there is a tie in a group for any advancing position (1st & 2nd in each group), there is a tiebreaker procedure:

1. Head to Head Result
2. If still tied (or tie cannot be broken due to a 3 way tie), players will be ranked by Game Differential (# of games won minus # of games lost)
3. If still tied, the player with the lower number of games lost is ranked higher

There will be tiebreakers for 7th place and 5th place, with the losers of those matches taking 8th and 6th place, respectively.

+ Time: 60 Seconds
+ Life: Normal
+ Winner Has Character Lock
+ Regular Matches (3 Rounds): Best of 3 games
Semi Finals (3 Rounds): Best of 5 games
Grand Finals (3 Rounds): Best of 7 games

PLAYERS
1. PowerPlayX2
2. CyberEvil
3. Vicioushellsing
4. Tamisu
5. Nightpup
6. Immortal saiyan
7. MajesticBlue
8. A1R GEAR
9. BlackberryChaos
10. II Paradiso II
11. X Kodachi X
12. nightantilli
13. leifang12
14. Jefffcore
15. vChris Redfield
16. NykNyks
17. Bogetsu
18. Scornwell
19. vClaireRedfield
20. Xx Raansu xX
21. II KEV0 II
22. H20 Evil
23. IceMage95
24. Yawbus Don
25. Jin Masters
26. DivisibleDuke
27. Tenren
28. Poochy725
29. andaub
30. sSeLDo0h
31. BBoy Dragon 13
32. Rikuto Kuronaga
33. GreatGiovanni
34. Calamity Crunch
35. ZeoRebirth
36. l History l
37. Aegis Ornus
38. ey3boxx ON1
39. Shungin
40. Deever
41. Alexqd3
42. JKe SMoker
43. xXLlokkkiXx
44. ExiLed SplaT

DrDogg

You should adjust the points for the series. It doesn't really encourage competition. If someone takes 1st two times, they'll have a huge lead over anyone else.

daman077c

You should adjust the points for the series. It doesn't really encourage competition. If someone takes 1st two times, they'll have a huge lead over anyone else.

I was going for something similar to Formula 1's points system, which is 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 to the top ten; I had a feeling that I'd be changing the points before the series started. :)

How's 12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 for points?

Oh, and everyone who's signed up: thanks!

EDIT: Nightpup, what's your Xbox Live gamertag? I'm assuming it's Nightpup...

MaxwellMouse

Sign me up, please. Is 32 the max amount you are going to have or would you in theory allow more people if their ends up being the interest? Just curious.

MajesticBlue

If I can play that day, sure. Sounds like a great way to learn some matchups. As far as I know I should be able to make it.

daman077c

Sweet. As an aside, I'm debating moving the start of the tournament an hour forward, as there is someone who entered that is in the UK; at the time we're doing the tournament it'll be 2 AM where the guy lives/plays. Thoughts?

daman077c

Announcement: I've decided to move the start time two hours forward (4 PM Pacific, 7 PM Eastern, 12 AM London), to better fit with the few European players who are entered in the tournament (nightantilli, leifang12), as otherwise, they'd be playing at 2:00 AM. Granted, it's on a weekend, but regardless, I want to help allow as many players to enter as is possible.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD