Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jadeinchains

*cheers to your dedication @hardseppo* Also poor Lisa not getting to go to Zack Island. ( insert here that it would be hard for her to go cause she's under rubble ) ( insert gif of Jessica Lange collapsing to the ground and crying here )

Considering that last years festival was in June I think I'm surprised they haven't revealed it yet. ( maybe it was July but I'd still have thought they'd of announced it by now ) That's the best chances I think of seeing an Ultimate version reveal or something.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I keep forgetting this game even exists lol

No more DLC, no special anniversary edition, no new game content... DOAX3 could have been made better post content but unfortunately it was just sidelined cuz Nioh

Jadeinchains

I keep forgetting this game even exists lol

No more DLC, no special anniversary edition, no new game content... DOAX3 could have been made better post content but unfortunately it was just sidelined cuz Nioh

I keep hoping that when there's a new post in this thread that something has been announced but alas nothing is... Lisa is all I ask for. I'll still check up on this thread anyway to see If we get an announcement of an Ultimate version or something.

Yuffie

@UpSideDownGRUNT is Nioh (still) getting dlc? (I don't keep up with it.)

After this pistachio re run, I'll basically have all the dlc suits I wanted.

@Jadeinchains oh man, I'm still anxious on any new news but seems support just ended.
I don't know if this game was successful enough, but i know TN half assed (no pun intended) this game and even killed it. Not even one dlc character or a Pro patch.
Gimme the Clam TN or DOAX4.
@hardseppo nice poses :)

HHH816

DOAX4 should be out after DOA6, but what hope can we get after the failure of the DOAX3 DLC system only DOA5 is successfull bringing profit.

UpSideDownGRUNT

They should make DOAX4 console exclusive IMO, that way they can add as much content as they want/need to yo make it a good game that can be enjoyed for more than a few months.

Also adding every female and not just 9 popular ones and adding missing X2 features/locations would be a start too.

Jadeinchains

@Jadeinchains oh man, I'm still anxious on any new news but seems support just ended.
I don't know if this game was successful enough, but i know TN half assed (no pun intended) this game and even killed it. Not even one dlc character or a Pro patch.

Yeah it was a shame, It didn't really get any send off or anything. Just stopped. It was looking good too with them starting paid psn dlc to get profit but I guess that was just the end of it. So for now I'm just going to wait until either Udoax3 gets announced or doax4. Regardless though I want all of the girls in the next one.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I believe Niohs first dlc is either out or is coming out not sure.

For me the nail on the coffin was when their unique dlc practice completely failed.

I mean, what did they expect when they wanted people to pay $6-$7 just to have a CHANCE at gifting the skimpy costumes?

People would rather just buy the costumes outright like DOA5

SilverForte

I mean at least the game is done I guess? When I do pick it up at least I dont have to worry about a giant mountain of stuff. Shame they didnt add any modes or chars though/

hardseppo

From Niko Partners industry analyst Daniel Ahmad (taken from NeoGAF):

.) Koei Tecmo had an increases in profit for the 7th consecutive year in a row.
.) Ni-Oh shipped 1 million in its first two weeks and was a notable highlight of this fiscal year.
.) Musou All-Stars (Koei character Dynasty Warriors like game, 130K) and Blue Reflection (Gust New IP, 80K) were below expectations.
.) They are focusing on expanding their mobile presence with games like Toukiden and that Gust magical girls game.
.) On the mobile front, Dynasty Warriors Unleashed (made by Nexon) is going very well, and had 3 million downloads as of this report along with good earnings results. The game just hit 5 million downloads today, and I believe it's not out in Japan yet.
.) Koei Tecmo expects next year to be a record revenue and profit year for the company between Dynasty Warriors 9, Fire Emblem Warriors, and some unannounced products.
.) For traditional console/PC titles, Koei Tecmo expects to ship 3.75 million units overseas (was 3.27 million) and 2.65 million domestically (was 3.06 million). This implies a strong overseas bent (including Asia), and I would say at least one more Western heavy and one more non-Japan-Asian heavy title will be announced soon given the regional breakdowns (2.2 million for US/EU, 1.07 for non-Japan Asia).
.) Koei Tecmo's motto for this fiscal year is the "creation and expansion of IPs", so expect both new IPs and fancy entries in existing ones. I guess you could read Fire Emblem as the former and Dynasty Warriors as the latter.
.) Koei Tecmo has more collaboration titles a la Fire Emblem coming this year for Japanese and Global audiences.
.) Koei Tecmo has also created a new studio brand called Midas, which is staffed by employees in their 20s and 30s, and is tasked with creating smartphones games while being afforded lots of freedom in how to go about that. Koei hasn't had a ton of success on mobile (sans the game they outsourced to Nexon), so it makes sense to let people who play mobile games give this a go.
.) There will be anniversary content for Atelier, Tecmo, and Omega Force, the last of which is Dynasty Warriors 9.
.) As reported previously, Koei Tecmo will heavily support the Switch with both lots of multiplatform games and some exclusives a la Fire Emblem.
.) Koei Tecmo is also making a VR version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and some VR arcade hardware.
.) Finally, Koei Tecmo is working to avoid game delays in the future.

That's very interesting about DoAX3...

Yuffie

I hope that VR version sells.
In fact that better be the 'Ultimate version'.
Need my Rachel, Tina, Leifang, Lisa and Christie and intimate gravures and accessory shop TN. Make it happen.
Hell a Switch port of X3 would be cool.

MeadowSpirit

I believe Niohs first dlc is either out or is coming out not sure.

For me the nail on the coffin was when their unique dlc practice completely failed.

I mean, what did they expect when they wanted people to pay $6-$7 just to have a CHANCE at gifting the skimpy costumes?

People would rather just buy the costumes outright like DOA5
Nioh's first DLC just came out this week, along with an awesome free update! I adore that game. Great news on that front.

On the other hand, sad to hear nothing new about DOAX3, and the renewed focus on mobile games depresses me a bit.

HHH816

VR version. make it a patch pretty please, i don't want to grind again:(

and woah, there going to be X3 VR arcade. (poor staff need to clean up the mess everytime lol)

UpSideDownGRUNT

From Niko Partners industry analyst Daniel Ahmad (taken from NeoGAF):

.) Koei Tecmo had an increases in profit for the 7th consecutive year in a row.
.) Ni-Oh shipped 1 million in its first two weeks and was a notable highlight of this fiscal year.
.) Musou All-Stars (Koei character Dynasty Warriors like game, 130K) and Blue Reflection (Gust New IP, 80K) were below expectations.
.) They are focusing on expanding their mobile presence with games like Toukiden and that Gust magical girls game.
.) On the mobile front, Dynasty Warriors Unleashed (made by Nexon) is going very well, and had 3 million downloads as of this report along with good earnings results. The game just hit 5 million downloads today, and I believe it's not out in Japan yet.
.) Koei Tecmo expects next year to be a record revenue and profit year for the company between Dynasty Warriors 9, Fire Emblem Warriors, and some unannounced products.
.) For traditional console/PC titles, Koei Tecmo expects to ship 3.75 million units overseas (was 3.27 million) and 2.65 million domestically (was 3.06 million). This implies a strong overseas bent (including Asia), and I would say at least one more Western heavy and one more non-Japan-Asian heavy title will be announced soon given the regional breakdowns (2.2 million for US/EU, 1.07 for non-Japan Asia).
.) Koei Tecmo's motto for this fiscal year is the "creation and expansion of IPs", so expect both new IPs and fancy entries in existing ones. I guess you could read Fire Emblem as the former and Dynasty Warriors as the latter.
.) Koei Tecmo has more collaboration titles a la Fire Emblem coming this year for Japanese and Global audiences.
.) Koei Tecmo has also created a new studio brand called Midas, which is staffed by employees in their 20s and 30s, and is tasked with creating smartphones games while being afforded lots of freedom in how to go about that. Koei hasn't had a ton of success on mobile (sans the game they outsourced to Nexon), so it makes sense to let people who play mobile games give this a go.
.) There will be anniversary content for Atelier, Tecmo, and Omega Force, the last of which is Dynasty Warriors 9.
.) As reported previously, Koei Tecmo will heavily support the Switch with both lots of multiplatform games and some exclusives a la Fire Emblem.
.) Koei Tecmo is also making a VR version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and some VR arcade hardware.
.) Finally, Koei Tecmo is working to avoid game delays in the future.

That's very interesting about DoAX3...
But DOAX3 already has a VR mode... Why even bother?

And IF it is a brand new version with new content/characters etc. Why make it VR?? I hope it isn't VR only.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD