Official DOA6 Costume Thread

SaihateDYNAMO

Still kind of baffled at people calling a cartoony Japanese animated game “anime” as if this was a new development.

Like, Ryu Hayabusa dresses like a cartoon ninja with a mask and sword to a martial arts tournament for adults and it’s a woman with blue hair that breaks the bank?
Its so hard to explain why I feel NiCo doesn’t really work in the DOA/NG universe. The problem isn’t about the cartoony superpowers or the fact that she’s a scientist. It’s all about making a character that actually fits in with the pre-established universe and overall “look” that DOA has. The series is obviously anime since it’s a Japanese video game but it’s always presented both itself and it’s characters in a more subdued manner, kinda like 90’s anime compared to NiCO who’s super flashy and out there with her look and mannerisms that reflect modern anime’s obsession with chuuni teenybopper characters lol. It’s makes it even more strange considering this was supposed to be the DOA game that made everything “serious” and “darker”... and then the new female character ends up coming out like a futuristic science-fiction JRPG character. There’s different kinds of anime styles, and NiCO is a whole different kind then what DOA has had in the past. She’s different, yes, but a little TOO different lol.

And about NiCO’s hair, its too neon imo, Ayane and Hookah all have krazy animu hair colors too but they’re not overly bright at all. Compare Honoka’s pink hair to Moka from Rosario + Vampire for example. If she had hair and default color scheme like this
latest

I would have ripped on her hard because this is kinda too much for a series with more realistic designs. I said this before but I still feel that if they really wanted a blue-haired chick they should have used that navy blue that Leifang had in DOA++ and then fix that SAO protag getup she has since she’s supposed to be a villain with a secret twist or something like that.

DOAPP--Dead%20Or%20Alive%20%20Japan_Nov11%2015_14_10.png

Also let me just say that Ayane is really well-designed because I never even noticed she was the only character with an unrealistic hair color in the older games until someone pointed it out. She makes that purple hair WORK because of how she carries herself plus her mature sense of style to go with the Killer Kunoichi schtick.

Bottom line, in a series full of super ninjas and regular-degular Kung-fu people that at least somewhat look like everyday people, you can’t just throw any old anime archetype in the cast and expect them to gel well; I can’t imagine NiCO in DOA1/2 but mostly everyone else (including Diego) would work fine. I don’t hate the girl but I’m not a fan of how she seems like she’s a guest character and I feel that in a hand-to-hand combat game like this, the lighting-toting-robot-scientist-with-glasses should have a simpler less cluttered look so she doesn’t look as crazy as she sounds lel

Onryoki

Standard Donor
NiCO’s hair is that bright blue because of the idea behind her design. I don’t see how NiCO does not fit in with the more “serious” approach, overall she looks very anime but she doesn’t behave overly anime, in the story she seems like someone who lacks empathy and likes to conduct experiments on human beings. She seems more serious to me than Marie Rose and Honoka who really don’t fit with the more serious approach. I don’t get how NiCO is the sudden dealbreaker for y’all when we have Honoka and Marie in the game, not to hate on them but they’re more anime than NiCO. Her blue hair is noticeable, yes but maybe in future crossover DLC she’ll get a different hair colour. PS: NiCO isn’t a robot, she just invented rings with lightning to enhance her strength since she just isn’t physically strong enough on her own considering her age and build.

Macca Beam

I've long stopped pretending there's a "serious" approach when shenanigans involving Hitomi, Leifang, Eliot, Brad and Kokoro are still going on. Tina and Bass aren't serious characters either. There have always been two pretty distinct, persistent sides in this series: the ninja, assassins and scientists with their eternal dire circlejerk, and the lighthearted sub characters

I'm not sure why Marie Rose is brought up here. She has a realistic color palette and doesn't fart particle effects every step of the way. That's in line with all the other non-ninja, non-final boss DOA characters up to her debut. The "behavior" didn't coincide with anyone else's and should remain that way also

Besides, people whose NiCO was a dealbreaker regularly hate on those two lol

Xhominid The Demon Within

I've long stopped pretending there's a "serious" approach when shenanigans involving Hitomi, Leifang, Eliot, Brad and Kokoro are still going on. Tina and Bass aren't serious characters either. There have always been two pretty distinct, persistent sides in this series: the ninja, assassins and scientists with their eternal dire circlejerk, and the lighthearted sub characters

I'm not sure why Marie Rose is brought up here. She has a realistic color palette and doesn't fart particle effects every step of the way. That's in line with all the other non-ninja, non-final boss DOA characters up to her debut. The "behavior" didn't coincide with anyone else's and should remain that way also

Besides, people whose NiCO was a dealbreaker regularly hate on those two lol

I don't even see the point in there arguing about anyone in DOA being a dealbreaker when most of them are nothing more than cliches' of Western, Japanese and Chinese Media(in the case of Jann Lee). It's like complaining that Mortal Kombat has too many ninjas... when the entire game is dreived from Chinese Movies and Tournament arcs.
It makes me wonder what the DOA aesthetic even is when we have:
-Due to Ryu's influence in the game, we have Fiends in the universe which aren't even the Youkai equivalent considering Ni-Oh and Bankotsubo and Nyotengu put the kibosh on them being that.
-We have actual goddamned Youkai in the Tengu
-We have Superhuman Ninjas, 1 of which is of questionable humanity(aka he's usually compared to being a literal demon) before his cyborgization(Raidou) and his daughter is hinted to not be entirely human(Ayane)
-We have a Evil Scientist that legit wants to make the perfect supersoldier clone army and either found a way to empower her with extra-dimensional energy or something just... happened and we have no fucking clue how she reached that state past it's not in the realm of humanity anymore(Alpha-152)
-And we have living, breathing dinosaurs again.

And it's NiCO that's the breaking point for some of you? I honestly wonder if some of you just don't like the stereotype or the look of Honoka, Marie and NiCO rather than flat out admit that there's no realism here because that would be like me complaining how can there be a 14 year old Priestess who can control winds and fight on the level of master Samurai when there is also 2 women who literally can fight well because the Greek Gods themselves empowered their weapons to be able to have them fight on par with them in Soul Calibur.

And no, you can't complain about NiCO's hair palette and try and get a pass off Ayane, that does not fly there bud. Purple hair is no more realistic than Blue because atleast you see people dye their hair blue... even if it is usually crazy people who do so.

Ninoasker

I really hope there will be a Hair Color Option as well in DOA Central =) And more Haircuts and Beard Option for the Guys =)
Not sure if I want beard options for the boys after seeing how weird Diego’s beard looks in-game tbh lol, but would be great if they put effort on them.

Vigoorian King

Here's a list of all characters that have at least 1 costume that we still haven't seen (not counting the deluxe edition costumes):
- Marie Rose (1 new costume)
- Christie (1 returning costume)
- NiCO (2 new costumes)
- Kokoro (1 returning costume)
- Raidou (1 new costume)
- Phase 4 (2 new costumes)

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's a list of all characters that have at least 1 costume that we still haven't seen (not counting the deluxe edition costumes):
- NiCO (2 new costumes)
- Raidou (1 new costume)
- Bass (1 returning costume)
I think we've already seen Bass's costume, in that TN post we saw yesterday with Zack he got his old DOA5 default back. Phase 4 will probably also get three recolors of her ninja jumpsuit and Raidou I think will get his LR default back where he wears the full shirt.

Vigoorian King

I think we've already seen Bass's costume, in that TN post we saw yesterday with Zack he got his old DOA5 default back. Phase 4 will probably also get three recolors of her ninja jumpsuit and Raidou I think will get his LR default back where he wears the full shirt.
Yeah you're right about Bass, I forgot about that tweet. Phase 4 has her C1, C1 without the cloak and the costume you're talking about, so that means we still haven't seen 2 of her costumes (and those will be new costumes since every female character gets 2 new costumes and 3 returning ones).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah you're right about Bass, I forgot about that tweet. Phase 4 has her C1, C1 without the cloak and the costume you're talking about, so that means we still haven't seen 2 of her costumes (and those will be new costumes since every female character gets 2 new costumes and 3 returning ones).
Tbh I don't think that will be the case for the girls added in Vanilla DOA5 and later tbh, the original girls technically got two new outfits but that's only counting the new outfit they got as a default and then their other new story mode costume. For Marie Rose and Honoka and Phase and Nyo they didn't get a new default but then again I may be wrong since Nyo got two new costumes and we have yet to see if the other DOA5 girl newcomers got a new costume.

Marie Rose and Honoka both got at least one old DLC outfit in so I think at least three of the remaining costumes(3 meaning one costume+two recolors) will be one of their "normal/casual" DLC costumes that isn't a fetish type one like how MR has her schoolgirl one and Honoka has her casual one

Vigoorian King

Tbh I don't think that will be the case for the girls added in Vanilla DOA5 and later tbh, the original girls technically got two new outfits but that's only counting the new outfit they got as a default and then their other new story mode costume. For Marie Rose and Honoka and Phase and Nyo they didn't get a new default but then again I may be wrong since Nyo got two new costumes and we have yet to see if the other DOA5 girl newcomers got a new costume.
Both Mila and Honoka got 2 new costumes (same with Nyo but you've already mentioned her).

Strangerinmytub

- NiCO (2 new costumes)
- Raidou (1 new costume)

I'm anxious to see Kokoro's last returning costume, since I'm not a huge fan of the kimono or schoolgirl outfit that have already been shown. I'd personally like to see either C7 (Tifa costume) or C10 (blue dimensions outfit) from DOA5LR. But if I see that Chinese grandpa suit (C2) return I'm gonna have a stroke. Don't even think about it TN.

Mama

I'm anxious to see Kokoro's last returning costume, since I'm not a huge fan of the kimono or schoolgirl outfit that have already been shown. I'd personally like to see either C7 (Tifa costume) or C10 (blue dimensions outfit) from DOA5LR. But if I see that Chinese grandpa suit (C2) return I'm gonna have a stroke. Don't even think about it TN.
It's gonna be the Chinese grandpa suit. Lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD