Official NorCal Regionals thread. (The most critical stand for DOA on the west coast ever! Sticky! )

Punishere

(Sticky if possible!)
Let me start by saying, NCR is the largest fighting game tournament in NorCal.
Some of you may know me, some of you may not. The name is Punishere I play Lei fang nice to meet you all.
Now I don't make post often but I've been called to a special occasion.

So the reason why I made this thread is because of the information that was told to me at the last Dead or alive tournament. I got caught up on whats going on in the fighting game community, including DOA. So DOA will be the 9th MAIN... yes main game at NorCal regionals tournament in Sunnyvale this year.

This is a make or break situation for DOA on the west coast. Once again I cant stress the importance of this tournament as far as a showing. I know there are people that genuinely care for DOA5 or the franchise in general. This is an excellent time to come out and show the tournament organizers that there are people that are passionate about the game. It will only benefit the community as a whole, especially with future events. I'm going to be honest, the people giving us this one shot are doubtful that there will be a showing and with reason.

We can change this negative lookout towards the game by supporting the game, starting with this tournament. This is where it starts. If you want to step up your game or if you play to have fun. Please make a effort to attend the tournament. If DOA 5 does not show well here. It will probably never be at NCR or any major tournaments on the west coast again. But I don't need to dwell on that. Always look at the positives. DOA has a chance to make a presence at a recognized fighting game tournament.

I will be attending and (probably) contributing my knowledge over stream as commentator for DOA5.
If you guys want to be respected if you guys think DOA is worth a damn. If you ever want DOA to be respect (on some level) Come out and support YOUR GAME!

Money, popularity, fun; whatever you reason is. . . Disconnect the Xbox/PS3 Internet cable and come out and show people....
hHU2o3z.jpg

This is one of those times I'm not joking.

If you have any questions I will try my best to anwser them in this thread.
---Punishere.
This is the pool schedule for NCR 2013.​
DOA5 will be from 3pm-6pm on Friday, April 26th.​
Finals will be on Saturday, April 27th. The time is TBD.​
Rules.​
Double Elimination
Best 3 out of 5 rounds for a match
Best 2 out 3 matches for advancement/elimination
Best 3 out of 5 sets for semi, winners, losers, and grand finals
Bracket reset for grand finals if losers bracket player wins the 3 out of 5 set
Normal Life
60 Seconds
Random stage select
Dangerzones on
Character lock on
Loser may switch characters
If a participant accidentally presses start during a match then they will have to forfeit the round.
http://www.freestepdodge.com/events/norcal-regionals.258/
4B5BCD2F-4C96-4E62-9F9C-735871F5A738-2795-000001A2A4D0C204.jpg

d3v

Someone should write up something for the front page. I'd do it myself, but I'm stuck at a meeting at work.

Punishere

Someone should write up something for the front page. I'd do it myself, but I'm stuck at a meeting at work.
Yea, front page would be nice. I'm not sure if something should be posted on SRK. Might get tarnished from all the Anti-DOA users.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I am already registered. I encourage any DOA player in Cali and those that out of state that can possibly make it to attend. We don't need a bunch of no shows(although that's a bit inevitable). If this isn't successful like Punishere said this will be the end of DOA on the Westcoast. We worked hard to get it this far let us not fail now. We need to prove that DOA is a legit fighter and force the FGC to respect it.

This is the time for the community. Rather you are going to become a better player, to prove how good you are, to have fun or whatever. We need your support!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm definitely attending NCR, as I shall be in fighting form this time around as well (now that I have more time to commit to the game). We'll definitely need the numbers for the tournament. It's time for us to prove DOA is pretty strong on the west coast.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I already said in the Skype group that I would do my best to get over there. I'm still doing my best to make that happen.

Koompbala

At this rate I probably won't get back to work any time soon so I just might be able to go to NCR. I would like to commentate with you Punishere. But I would think that's already taken by now.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
We are actually looking for one more commentator. Right now priority goes to Punishere and Nykko. I will do commentating and maybe we can see about you being in the liine up.

On topic I go and constantly look at the tournaments that are consistently going down in the Midwest and Eastcoast and think "Why should we not have that?" There is no way Cali should be lacking a scene like this but we are surely building. It is really important that players come to this tournament. Please leave your busted controller excuse, and I don't think I'm good enough mind set at home. That won't get you a scene. Please come out April 26-28th and support your game!

thrust07

Have you signed up to be a judge? Since I think it is those people who run the bracket. The more, the merrier!

Oh, I surely have. I think I'll delegate running the bracket to you and Shadow, and just act as backup or what not/calling out players. We'll work a gameplan out. There will be a lot of work to be done.

Has anyone contacted the SoCal players for this?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD