"Okay! Ready any time!" The Mila Video thread !

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Hey there!

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 MILA - COMBO VIDEO

This video features the new comer to the DOA series, Mila. Mila may have a small moveset in comparison to the rest of the pack, but if used correctly she can easily pack a punch. With good crushes, long range moves, offensive holds, throw strings and great juggle potential, Mila can be very deadly. In this video I tried to demonstrate her different sitdown stuns as well as showed various examples for comboing from and into her "feint" stance. In this video you will also see some of her untechable knockdowns which guarantee the follow up ground throw for major damage (including one variant which can be done from an air juggle).

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining.

Thank you!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
An update to the Mila combo video shown here :

This video demonstrates another untechable knockdown from air juggle Mila has which allows her to land a combo which would be more damaging than chaining into her Power Blow!

Credit goes to Raansu for this ..

Many thanks!

SilverKhaos

eh....i'm always kinda against these kinda videos. I ONLY play Mila (i got the game solely for her), but I don't like the idea of people just trying to copy those videos instead of coming up with their own tactics.

Raansu

eh....i'm always kinda against these kinda videos. I ONLY play Mila (i got the game solely for her), but I don't like the idea of people just trying to copy those videos instead of coming up with their own tactics.

There are only so many "tactics" you can come up with. No one will ever be original with a character as there is always a "best" setup. Mila's p6pp p+k 2f+p will always be her potentially most damaging juggle/guaranteed setup just like Hitomi's 7pk p+kpp will always be her most damaging juggle. Trying to be "unique" just isn't going to happen unless you are playing casual matches and being flashy against a player that isn't as good as you.

SilverKhaos

There are only so many "tactics" you can come up with. No one will ever be original with a character as there is always a "best" setup. Mila's p6pp p+k 2f+p will always be her potentially most damaging juggle/guaranteed setup just like Hitomi's 7pk p+kpp will always be her most damaging juggle. Trying to be "unique" just isn't going to happen unless you are playing casual matches and being flashy against a player that isn't as good as you.

Granted, that is the majority of online, which is what I play. But like, I'm self taught with my mila, and I don't use that. Heck, I don't even use setups. I bait and punish. And so my main advantage becomes the fact that I'm not as predictable as people who look things up for their characters.

Okay, so, you say that thats her most damaging juggle/guaranteed setup, right? Well once everyone knows that....it won't be anymore, because everyone knows to watch out for it. All it will become is schmuck bait for people trying to use it, because they will be incredibly predictable and easy to punish. The type of people who tend to look up moves tend to rely on them too much, making them really easy to read. Its that whole lack of ingenuity that led to them looking it up to the first place. There's obvious exceptions, but for the most part, i'm right.

By the way, I mean no offense to anyone here or those who do use the combos. I'm just saying my piece on the concept of the video itself, and others like it.

LoK N Ki

Why wouldn't you use the most damaging options, best pokes, best setups. You are seriousely hindering yourself by not using alot of her stuff simply because it was shown in a vid, or used alot by other players, there is good reason why they use it too. There isn't some blueprint to how Mila is supposed to be played(how long has the game been out, and even after 2+ years), but no matter what you do, why would you use move Y when move X is faster, safer, more range gives way to better setups etc....

Even if everyone knows the juggle Raansu mentioned, they can't do shit about...

If there is a danger zone which you can reach with a different juggle ender, then wouldn't you use that one, or go for the "unpredictability", don't throw away guarenteed damage.

SilverKhaos

Why wouldn't you use the most damaging options, best pokes, best setups. You are seriousely hindering yourself by not using alot of her stuff simply because it was shown in a vid, or used alot by other players, there is good reason why they use it too. There isn't some blueprint to how Mila is supposed to be played(how long has the game been out, and even after 2+ years), but no matter what you do, why would you use move Y when move X is faster, safer, more range gives way to better setups etc....

Even if everyone knows the juggle Raansu mentioned, they can't do shit about...

If there is a danger zone which you can reach with a different juggle ender, then wouldn't you use that one, or go for the "unpredictability", don't throw away guarenteed damage.

Well,

1) I already do VERY well. COMPLETELY dominating most matches by adding those to my playstyle would be no fun.

2) I would use Y if it is more satisfying to use than X. X may be faster safer, and more range, but Y is brutal and satisfying. You just have to learn when to let it rip, which is even more satisfying than doing something quick and safe like X.

3) Everyone knows the juggle, then they can ensure they won't be hit by it, because they know when and what to watch out for to set it up. The catch to juggles is that you only need to watch out for the launcher.

4) Guaranteed damage is only appealing if all I wanted to do was win. Its not always the most fun route, however. I'd only go for the different juggle ender to the danger zone if it would add variety, or be satisfying to finish with.

5) I know i'm hindering myself. THat's the POINT. it makes the game more challenging and satisfying than just playing it safe. Not to mention I feel a lot better knowing i'm not doing the same exact copypaste patterns as most other mila players, and doing BETTER than them for it.

The main point was that when vids like these are posted, now everyone and their dog will be trying to copy the vids, killing variety online for a good while. Its like when somebody wins a tournament, suddenly everyone is trying to mimic the tournament winner.

Raansu

I KNEW these posts looked familiar...It's friggan Degalon from gamefaqs. This guy doesn't believe in guaranteed setups and juggles. He'll stop playing if you juggle him.

SilverKhaos

I KNEW these posts looked familiar...It's friggan Degalon from gamefaqs. This guy doesn't believe in guaranteed setups and juggles. He'll stop playing if you juggle him.

Which translates to you have no idea what any of my posts say. its not that I don't believe in them. Its that I don't do them. They aren't my playstyle. And i'll roll over to my computer if I see my opponent trying to spam (Like spending the whole match trying to JUST juggle, aka, spamming). Not because I can't beat it, but because thats too boring to bother with, and if I just left, i'd get hatemail.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Honestly Degalon, I think a lot of your posts remind me of myself when I first came to doacentral years ago ranting to Tom Brady about his combo videos. I got completely destroyed of course, and wisened up... but all I can say is, for now, you are wrong. It will probably take an ass beating or two to make you understand that, and you'll be grateful for it afterwards.... but you're wrong.

Nothing is cheap, nothing is unfair, nothing is to believed in or not to be believed in, and anyone can fight anyway they want. Just know this... you can't judge anyone on their playstyle anymore than they can judge you on yours. The only thing either of us are going for is The Win, and there are many paths to The Win. Complaining about someone elses chosen path won't get you there any faster, nor will putting down the controller and looking down on them.

You have to adapt your strategy and find a way to beat it, not simply think less of the opponent that is beating you.

SilverKhaos

Honestly Degalon, I think a lot of your posts remind me of myself when I first came to doacentral years ago ranting to Tom Brady about his combo videos. I got completely destroyed of course, and wisened up... but all I can say is, for now, you are wrong. It will probably take an ass beating or two to make you understand that, and you'll be grateful for it afterwards.... but you're wrong.

Nothing is cheap, nothing is unfair, nothing is to believed in or not to be believed in, and anyone can fight anyway they want. Just know this... you can't judge anyone on their playstyle anymore than they can judge you on yours. The only thing either of us are going for is The Win, and there are many paths to The Win. Complaining about someone elses chosen path won't get you there any faster, nor will putting down the controller and looking down on them.

You have to adapt your strategy and find a way to beat it, not simply think less of the opponent that is beating you.

You misunderstand. I already have found several ways to beat it. I still don't like it.

I'm not judging anyone on their playstyle, i'm only saying that I don't find using or fighting against said playstyle any fun.

Also, I couldn't care less about going for "The Win", which is why I have this mindset. I'm more interested in having a fun fight. (unless i'm in a tournament or something, obviously). I gain nothing from winning, so there's no justification for making that my priority.

I don't do it because there's no challenge that way, I don't like having it done to me because I don't like waiting around when i'm playing a game. So it's not fun either way.

Raansu

Then stop the setups. You say you know how to stop it yet I got 3 CB's in a row on you and you did nothing to stop it. You didn't slow escape, you didn't hold, you didn't do anything. After the juggle you stopped playing. Its literally to the point where I think you need to find a different genre to play.

SilverKhaos

Then stop the setups. You say you know how to stop it yet I got 3 CB's in a row on you and you did nothing to stop it. You didn't slow escape, you didn't hold, you didn't do anything. After the juggle you stopped playing. Its literally to the point where I think you need to find a different genre to play.

Why bother stopping it when you'll just keep doing it? You are insanely boring to fight, I don't see the point. Chalk it up to me being a cynic, but even when I do stop it, you just try it again, and again. So I don't see any point wasting effort in stopping it, since you won't switch tactics. Tis the danger of relying on juggles.

Also, I gotta laugh at the "he stops playing if you juggle him" when the entire point of a juggle is to stop the other person playing so you can do free hits lol.

I'm not gonna deny you are good, but I'm also not gonna waste any effort on a boring opponent. Like how everyone else was fun to fight because they weren't just trying to juggle. I'll put a ton of effort into that, because it makes for a fun fight. You? Not so much.

I'm in the right genre, the issue is you are in tournament mode, while I play casually.

Again, while you are really good on a technical level, you are also REALLY boring to fight. And I mean no personal offense by that. It's not because you are bad, its because due to your playstyle, there's constant pauses in the match. The only way to stop the constant breaks from combat would be to perfect you, and then that would be no fun for me, either.

Also, please stop trying to act like I'm bad. We both know that's not true, I'm just not as good as you, but I'm not bad by any means. You are literally the only person i've come across who does so well, its just unfortunate that your playstyle is so efficient that its boring.

Jefffcore

Someone will do something until you stop it and force them to change. That's what yomi is, and that's how you play fighting games. The challenge is reading your opponent and beating them, not what attacks you do or don't do.

Going for a combo is also part of yomi. If someone's just throwing out random stuff with no rhyme or reason, it tends to be less fun.

SilverKhaos

Someone will do something until you stop it and force them to change. That's what yomi is, and that's how you play fighting games. The challenge is reading your opponent and beating them, not what attacks you do or don't do.

Going for a combo is also part of yomi. If someone's just throwing out random stuff with no rhyme or reason, it tends to be less fun.

And when I keep stopping it and they still don't change? That's the issue I usually face, and why I hate juggles. Its the mindset of most people who go for juggles. Juggles are the easiest way to do damage, so most who would go for them in the first place are also the type who try to ONLY go for that, thinking that if they ever land it, it would make up for all the misses.

Keep in mind, there's a difference between people who do juggles (I even do them, when an opening comes up, so long as it doesn't get repetitive) and people who spend the whole match trying to set them up.

Jefffcore

Keep stopping it then. You'll win. You should be trying to set them up, it's the most guaranteed damage you get. You should want them to know you're trying to set it up so they try and stop it. Then when you know they're trying to stop it, you have an answer.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD