Pai version 1.03 changes

Allan Paris

Buffering it would be the way to doing it, that makes a lot sense actually. Pausing in between launching and juggling will cause the ground punch to happen. The 6P in the string 3PP6P causes a slight float for extra damage. It's really useful on light weights. How much of a lift for 9KK or anything else is the issue.

Tokkosho

I'd occasionally land a 3PP by accident, but didn't even want to try and touch it as it seemed annoying to try and I had a way to do a much easier version, but now ima have to.

Buffering it would be the way to doing it, that makes a lot sense actually. Pausing in between launching and juggling will cause the ground punch to happen. The 6P in the string 3PP6P causes a slight float for extra damage. It's really useful on light weights. How much of a lift for 9KK or anything else is the issue.
I figured, since so many have helped me in the past, I ought to reciprocate. I dusted Pai off (no, not like that) and found the method I used to, well...use. You will need to buffer the 3 input. Simply hold 3 during the recovery of the previous move, and voila.

It's like Colt 45; 'It works every time'. LoL

synce

Spent a little time with Pai in v1.03 and it's mostly good. With all the new stuns you can bait a counter much easier but the new sidestep system might really hurt Pai. Some notes:

MEI P guarantees BOK P, which is now i19. On CH this combo puts opponent in red critical stun.

Unfortunately 4K2P can be SE'd but not 2P+K4P or 66P+K4P.

The new 9K is great. i14 mid that crushes lows and now causes deep stun on CH.

Changing directions in HAK can be done at any time now without any effort.

Wall blowback on 66H+K definitely sucks but if it's not at angle you can refloat with BT 2P+K

HoodsXx

I'll be posting my findings tomorrow. For now what I can say her nuetral game is mad sexy being able to mix up like crazy is mad amazing. Her P+K sit down stun is an amszing asset now more so than before. Her P+K FT still works you just have to time it better now. I'll list othrr stuff tmrw.

Codemaster92163

So, 66H+K definitely doesn't rebound anymore? I was hoping that the wording meant it just wouldn't launch as it did on occasion, though I know that's wishful thinking.

HoodsXx

So, 66H+K definitely doesn't rebound anymore? I was hoping that the wording meant it just wouldn't launch as it did on occasion, though I know that's wishful thinking.
Doesn't rebounce no more. But you can work in other things mid screen anyways. If you hit someone against the wall though, not much you can do. Only thing now is if you get her into BT while they're at the wall you and do P+K and you can get 2P+K PPKK off of that. Off of a high hold her 66H+K will still bounce on a BT opponent. So she can get PPKK. Also, if you hit them against the wall with 66H+K raw, then you can get 2P+K that way as well, and end it with P, PPKK

Codemaster92163

Well, while I'll certainly miss her 66H+K rebound (still no idea why they felt it necessary to remove that), at least I can enjoy a better stun game with her. I just hope that in some mini-patch they decide to throw out, they may fix a few moves that they shouldn't have tampered with, including that one. Once again, wishful thinking.

Allan Paris

66H+K is needed so bad, I found out that move wall splats the hard way. Went for a pre-patch juggle and got fucked up for it. Good players leave no room for error, lol. I can still get some damaging stuff with her juggles without that much guessing. It just revolves around me doing 2 move to initiate it. Doing 66H+K and then launching for a juggle is so sad now. She already had a problem with juggling heavies before, this patch doesn't make it any better. Especially with what one of then can do now, it's going to hard for her to keep up with that shit.

Don't get me wrong, she can still win and she's still better than most characters. It's just that now you actually have to utilize everything about her. For her new Sit-down stun, if your opponent somehow manages to get hit by MEI P.You can CB them easily, by doing BOK P, 4K, BOK P again. Most people will hold low from BOK P after being hit by it the first time, 4K being a mid will prevent that. Then BOK P again and they are CB'd. The mix up should work a few times seeing as 4K looks just her K from PK which is a high.

Hitting people with MEI P is going to take some finest, lol. Man, is her wall game boo-boo now, I don't have motive to push people to the wall anymore. I'm determine to find something though.

Codemaster92163

Yeah, I don't know what you guys have come up with, but the most damage I can squeeze out of a launch now is (if I'm lucky), any amount of punches that the launcher allows followed by :4::6::h::+::K:, :9::K:, :6::K::P::7::K: or have that last part replaced with :P::P::K::K:

That single nerf makes me pretty sad the more I think about it. If they would just explain why they did it, I would feel a lot better, but right now, I just think that someone complained about it and poof, it changed.

synce

^ As to why nerf it, I think it was her HCH 214T setup... a striker doing 110-120 damage with an i12 grab :eek: Pai is definitely less scary now that her grab does standard damage, she's been taking a backseat to my other two girls until I can find something broken to abuse.

phoenix1985gr

Didnt kasumi get something over 100 with her 236T?

also since they changed the hits after a throw to be just regular strikes i would say that that would reduce the dmg anyway...

HoodsXx

The highest juggle I seem to be able to get on light/mid weights after a 33P+K is PHPH 46H+K PHPPKK. Seems to be her highest damaging juggle from what I've found. Near a wall. I just do again light weights PHPHPHPPKK and mid/heavy weights I do PHPHPPKK. Other than that there's not much else. You can do PHPH3PPKK on light weights, but it's not worth the amount of effort and only decreases the damage by a bit.

synce

Didnt kasumi get something over 100 with her 236T?

also since they changed the hits after a throw to be just regular strikes i would say that that would reduce the dmg anyway...

Holy crap you're right, I didn't realize they removed HCH bonus from all throw setups... Those lying bastards just said ceiling throws. Now I definitely don't understand bounce removal.

HoodsXx

So since I don't have a PVR yet. I thought I'd show you guys a gameplay video, just showing some things you can do with Pai for patch 1.03.

HoodsXx

Ik that. You can't save replays though in training mode. As some things that I wanted to show I wouldn't be able to w/o it. Anyways. I'll get an upload done soon.

HoodsXx

So since most of you don't have the changes for Pai yet in patch 1.03. I"ll list some things.
1. After :P+K: (Sit down stun) she gets a guaranteed :6: :6: :P: (CB)
2. When your opponent is against the wall you can get :6: :6: :H+K: off, if you don't push the threshold too much. So pretty much 4 hits. After you do :6: :6: :H+K: it will BOUNCE :D, and you can get off :2: :P+K: >> :P: :P: :K: :K:.
3. Going into :6: :K: :P: >> :9: :P+K:, :6: :P+K: >> :9: :P+K:, :P: :P: :P: >> :9: :P+K: :2: :P+K: >> :4: :P: >> :9: :P+K: . Is now instant.
4. Her new juggle Light-Mid weights depending on the threshold after a launch is now: :P: :h: :P: :h: >> :4: :6: :H+K: > :P: :h: >> :P: :P: :K: :K:
5. Her juggle against Heavies is pretty much still the same as before whether they're near a wall or not. :P: :h: :P: :h: :P: :P: :K: :K:
6. Her :4: :P+K: :P: offers a sit down stun as many of you know already. It's mainly used as a whiff punisher to get the sit down stun, since it has to be on counter hit.
7. After her high hold, I'm sure many of you were wondering on if :6: :6: :H+K: is still viable. The answer is YES! And on top of that she can do :3: :P: :P: :6: :P: >> :9: :K: :K: on all weights. after it. PS: Credit goes to Allan Paris for this combo.

At the moment that's all I could think of, off the top of my head, if anybody else would like to contribute feel free to do so. :)

Tokkosho

^ P+K always gave +27, and the CB is only guaranteed because of the glitch. (unless they did increase the advantage)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD