Parkour in DOA, what say u?

klimaxoxox

Character specializations/supernatural abilities with parkour movement i.e. Athletic realism. The philosophy behind the mindset of Le Parkourists is drawn from a surprising set of mainstream, modern, cultural references; Star Wars, Yoda, the Jedi and The Force, The Matrix, Bruce Lee and Martial Arts, Peter Pan, Jonathon Livingstone Seagull.

DOA Characters to do: Roundoff Arabian, Roundoff Back 360, Raiz, Chuck Up, Roundoff Back 720, Aerial, Frontflip, Webster, Backtuck, Side Flip, Kip Up, Cartwheel Back-Tuck, Kick The Moon, Corkscrew, Butterfly Kick And Twist, Butterfly Twist Swing Through, Butterfly Twist Vault, Parkour Roll, Dive Roll, Round Off, Cartwheel, Handstand, 540 Cresdent, 540 Kick, Backflip Jujimufu, Au Batido, Backflip, Backhand Spring, Cheat Gainer, Double Leg, Flash Kick, Single Leg, Tornado Kick, in the middle of the fights and for cutscenes. If u are hurt, u should get up slower. I only listed moves that are done without touching other objects and mediums and such so it's more than possible for the intro before the fight and in-between the fights and even cutscenes.

Compilation of Parkour

David Belle (Founder of Parkour)

Brink Cinematic Trailer

Last edited:

klimaxoxox

i don't even know what you want more flips? Parkour has no place in a mostly flat arena.

I only listed moves that are done without touching other objects and mediums and such so it's more than possible for the intro before the fight and in-between the fights and even cutscenes.

Last edited:

TLEE SAID THIS:

Doesn't seem practical. Besides, most of the stages are entirely clear with nothing to parkour over. Also, I can't really imagine characters like Kokoro doing it.

klimaxoxox

Doesn't seem practical. Besides, most of the stages are entirely clear with nothing to parkour over. Also, I can't really imagine characters like Kokoro doing it.

Only some should be able to do this.

then its a recovery, something in, but hardly identifies "parkour". pretty much every martial arts has them

So parkour moves as recovery get-ups. It's still parkour if it's a parkour move. U missed post #4.

David Gregg

It's slowly becomeing a thing in action movies involving violence.

I think what Russian is saying is no one is really sure where you're going with this. Yes parkour looks great in action movies and games like Brick, but DOA is fine the way it is and it incorporates flips and insane moves already. Eliot has a cartwheel and that's all the parkour I need.

klimaxoxox

I think what Russian is saying is no one is really sure where you're going with this. Yes parkour looks great in action movies and games like Brick, but DOA is fine the way it is and it incorporates flips and insane moves already. Eliot has a cartwheel and that's all the parkour I need.

What about tricking? Tricking doesn't involve obstacles. I'm just saying players should do more acrobatic style martial arts in-between the fights or as get-ups (recovery).

CommanderWiggles

Applied it to my street brawler.
Thought it would make her a little more interesting.
Parkour sounds pretty punish-able when it comes to throws. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad?
I mean, even for like, 7K or 9K, sounds like it would be pretty cool.

tumblr_n40njduFCK1r3bokio1_500.jpg

klimaxoxox

Yeah I definitely think now that characters should be doing tricking in-between fights and for cutscenes, not so much parkour. This is tricking at it's finest

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD