Playing a lot, getting worse

Ciozun

Hi,

"recently" (more than a month) I've a strange problem: I'm playing a lot but I'm getting worse.
I explain: I'm passing a LOT of time in the training mode to make combos for different situations with Kasumi and Hayabusa, expecially jujjle.

Now I think that I'm getting worse, in online matches, because (in order of importance):

- I try to connect slow moves, and I get punished
- My combos are too predictable, even if don't usually complete strings
- Sometimes I've a chance to punish the opponent but, because I feel pressure, I smash buttons randomly
- My combos miss 30% of the times, but in training mode they don't

What's happening to me? What should I do the get better and not worse?
Important: I'm rank B-, so not an expert but not even a noob.

Lulu

Now I think that I'm getting worse, in online matches, because (in order of importance):
I its difficult to tell exactly how good you are under these circumstances.

Being good online and being good offline are two different things.

If you're dropping juggles it may not even by your fault. My advice is try playing The AI.... if you can do your juggles and if you don't gey counter hit out of well timed slow moves..... then you're better than you think you are.... the lag is just messing you up.

If not then you gotta keep practicing....Be Sure to Checkout the Online Lag Simulation feature in training mode. That could help.

I don't play online.... I set the Online Lag Simulation to 5 and it seemed somewhat reasonable..... I then went online and the actual lag was 3 Times Slower !!!! I got severely beaten.... it didn't even feel like the same game.

Ciozun

I its difficult to tell exactly how good you are under these circumstances.

Being good online and being good offline are two different things.

If you're dropping juggles it may not even by your fault. My advice is try playing The AI.... if you can do your juggles and if you don't gey counter hit out of well timed slow moves..... then you're better than you think you are.... the lag is just messing you up.

If not then you gotta keep practicing....Be Sure to Checkout the Online Lag Simulation feature in training mode. That could help.

I don't play online.... I set the Online Lag Simulation to 5 and it seemed somewhat reasonable..... I then went online and the actual lag was 3 Times Slower !!!! I got severely beaten.... it didn't even feel like the same game.

I use to play against the AI and usually win. But when I do online matches things are, as you said, different.

I lose even when the connection is good, and I don't care about shitty lagged matches.

Giannola

I use to play against the AI and usually win. But when I do online matches things are, as you said, different.

I lose even when the connection is good, and I don't care about shitty lagged matches.

You already mentioned lag and stuff so you know about that. Another thing to consider is humans play differently than the a.I. usually. Sometimes you have to play a player a few times to get their tendencies, and likewise if you play the same player they'll react better to your setups if you keep doing the same thing.

As far as dropping combos online, If you keep practicing your combos you should get more consistent with pulling them off in a real fight, that could be due to a mix of latency and nerves (if you get a bit nervous during a match, I know I do)

You also mentioned feeling pressured to mash, so it seems to me that (like me) you get a bit nervous during matches, that'll fix itself in time its not a big deal, just keep practicing and you'll be fine.

Ciozun

You already mentioned lag and stuff so you know about that. Another thing to consider is humans play differently than the a.I. usually. Sometimes you have to play a player a few times to get their tendencies, and likewise if you play the same player they'll react better to your setups if you keep doing the same thing.

As far as dropping combos online, If you keep practicing your combos you should get more consistent with pulling them off in a real fight, that could be due to a mix of latency and nerves (if you get a bit nervous during a match, I know I do)

You also mentioned feeling pressured to mash, so it seems to me that (like me) you get a bit nervous during matches, that'll fix itself in time its not a big deal, just keep practicing and you'll be fine.
I'm glad to read this :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD