Point Handicap Broken?

Soltice

Alright this has been bothering me for a while now...

Today i was playing, I managed to beat a A+ rank member, with myself still being a C-...I get awarded 10 points...i felt that was odd...

Later on I lose to him again, only to lose 500 points to that same person....now i felt something was wrong...

And to top it all off..I even manage to lose points after winning a match...

So..whats the deal? i know theres no leaderboards or anything, but im trying to unlock figurines as my rank goes up and this is really not helping...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That time you won and got 10 points. Did you use a character you hadn't used before?

Allan Paris

That time you won and got 10 points. Did you use a character you hadn't used before?

Wait, that point system makes you use the same character to rank up properly, or it makes you use all the characters to do it? Either way is dumb, Hubbs was just talking about the same problem the other night, about losing too many points for dumb reasons. I can't remember exactly what was going on in his situation, but Soltice's situation doesn't make any sense.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm only under the assumption. I have yet to lose with Hayate and i keep getting +330, but if i won with someone i hadn't used, it starts at +10 or +100.

The HuBBs

yeah the point system is very messed up. You do get points the same way as in DOA4 with accumulation with win streaks. However when i lose to those of higher grade, i lose a ton of points somewhere between 300-450 points.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
LMAO, this is their way of wanting you to get better at the game. "Win or lose all your points". This is totally backwards and counter productive. They should just rip off the VF system of ranking and integrate it into the online ranking system.

Soltice

But if that assumption was true, why are there occurences where people "STILL" lose points even after winning the match?

See I hate the fact theres situations where im playing Dodgeball with a Genra Spammer that litereally takes 5 minutes cause of the friggin lightning and wind spamming (mind you kasumi is awesome for this) and despite the victory, im awarding him 300 points thats supposed to be for my win....

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
lol, maybe its crappy game, crappy ranking syndrome?

FakeSypha

Never payed to much attention to the points awarded when playing online, but after reading this thread I gotta say this is weird as hell. I find myself getting a lot of +0 points when I win against a better ranked player, or getting +300 when beating a -F (when I am -E), or getting +50 when beating a B+, etc. Overall feels quite random, I mean I suppose if you beat a lesser rank than you you'll get less points, and if you beat a greater rank you'll get more. Simple enough, right? Well, that doesn't happen in DOA: D. The fuck is wrong with this?

Raansu

People still play online? The few times I tried it took me an hour to find one match lol.

FakeSypha

People still play online? The few times I tried it took me an hour to find one match lol.
Yeah, it's still quite active. At least selecting "world" as searching engine. I get to play a match after another.

When go with "region" it takes like 30 mins to find someone and I end up playing with Japs (guessing their nicknames are in what it seems to be japanesse) , which is odd since I'm from Argentina.

FakeSypha

It's nice to see a -490 when you win a fight. It's even better when it happens two times in a row.

/ok

x Sypher x

It's nice to see a -490 when you win a fight. It's even better when it happens two times in a row.

/ok

I KNOW RIGHT? I once lost about 600 points after beating an F rank. WTF.

They must have gotten lazy with the ranking system, or maybe there was a flaw in the code. Idk. It's nice to be an S rank for the first time, but it took way too long to get there. Not that there's anything wrong with a little extra work, but dam...lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD