System Power Launchers suck.

Power Launchers suck.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tones

Premium Donor
Edit: Original title said "Power blows suck" Some super cool bro mod changed it for me. Thanks bro.

PB rock. PL's suck

Anyone else agree or disagree?
State your reason.

Last edited:

Tones

Premium Donor
I want unadulterated input from people because I can't understand why one would use it.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah same here (although I'm one to rarely use either/or, but when I do it works because I never use them lol). Powerblow will always be a safer route and it has some tactics during threshold and block pressure that a Power launcher does not (you cannot cancel a Power launcher). But if one has their combo(s) down, then it's proven to be more of use than that of a power blow (at least for Critical Burst).

Honestly, "my" purpose for a Power Blow would be whiff punishment. "My" only current reasoning for ever wanting to use a Power Launcher is after a Critical Burst (something I rarely use in the same function as majority. Personally, I see Critical Burst attacks having much more value than to do Critcal Burst combos because each are unique on their own).

Argentus

They look absolutely fucktarded.

It literally looks like a Looney toons routine when somebody does thirty back flips straight up.

I don't care how much damage it sets up when it looks so stupid.

If they bring back pl for 6, make it where there a no flipping. They just pop up like any other launcher.

synce

PL's are completely pointless for 3 reasons: they can't be cancelled, they waste PB meter, shitty netcode. PB's were actually a decent mechanic although not many people use it right

Argentus

PL's are completely pointless for 3 reasons: they can't be cancelled, they waste PB meter, shitty netcode. PB's were actually a decent mechanic although not many people use it right
..there's a way to use it wrong?

All I know is you can either combo into it, or bait people to run into it. Neither way would I call right or wrong.

KING JAIMY

Honestly, I wouldn't say Power Launchers suck because you can get more damage out of a PL combo than a Power Blow.

The problem is the risk that a Power Launcher brings along. Even when doing a no-timing Power Launcher combo there is a chance that you make an input error, mess up your combo and the damage can not be dealt anymore. At least with a Power Blow you have guaranteed damage, and sometimes you can aim the camera in such a way to slam your opponent into a Power Blow exclusive dangerzone. If the latter is the case, a Power Blow could result in even more damage than a Power Launcher combo.

That however, does not render Power Launcher combos useless. It also does not take away the style points you get from doing a successful PL combo. From my point of view, I favor Power Blows, but Power Launchers are definitely NOT useless.

This is why I voted for the third option.

Darth Lotonic X

For my character's the damage is not more than a jab or a jab and a half. What about your characters?

If the Power Launcher combo meets these damage thresholds, then it will at least match the PB damage after a Critical Burst.

Normal Hit: 100
Counter Hit: 105
Hi-Counter Hit: 110

The only character that has trouble reaching these thresholds (With No-Timing Combos) is Gen Fu.

Argentus

I still don't see what the purpose is when a) a single grab can nearly match the damage, and
B) everything launches anyway.

Beyond the stupid look they have, power launchers just feel redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD