Pre-Release DOA5U Videos from TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Glock

fTQmlZH.jpg

Spotted by Blazeincarnated, here comes some brand new gameplay videos for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, courtesy of Japanese website Game Watch Impress.

It appears that these videos are from the recent event that Team Ninja tweeted a few days ago.

This should be more than enough to quell our dire need for some sort of new gameplay until the Summer Jam 7 event coming up this weekend.

The videos are a bit on the slow side to load, but Emperor Cow has been kind enough to upload a few of them to YouTube for quicker access.

So, after checking out the videos, carry on your discussions and new findings in the on-going thread.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The reason you cant see them is their massive size ..
I had to download them to watch ..

A few things that are note worthy:
- Game seems a bit slower
- Gravity seems less
- Tagging out seems to be slightly more invincible (>__>)
- Added the ability to tag out straight from knockdown right after the recovery frames.. seems invincible ? (not fond of this personally)
- Force Out in tag is awesome.. does not require specific stun requirements such as threshold etc. I'm guessing its done with the so called Tag Burst? (seems to have the same sound effect) .. I wonder what happens if you manage to do 2 force outs before the 2nd opponent can tag in.. would that give you the round ? I wonder :)

I do however like the more aggressive tone of tag .. with the lifebar being 2 colors upon reduction, the health only regenerates to the red. That's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Blazeincarnated

The reason you cant see them is their massive size ..
I had to download them to watch ..

A few things that are note worthy:
- Game seems a bit slower
- Gravity seems less
- Tagging out seems to be slightly more invincible (>__>)
- Added the ability to tag out straight from knockdown right after the recovery frames.. seems invincible ? (not fond of this personally)
- Force Out in tag is awesome.. does not require specific stun requirements such as threshold etc. I'm guessing its done with the so called Tag Burst? (seems to have the same sound effect) .. I wonder what happens if you manage to do 2 force outs before the 2nd opponent can tag in.. would that give you the round ? I wonder :)

I do however like the more aggressive tone of tag .. with the lifebar being 2 colors upon reduction, the health only regenerates to the red. That's pretty cool.
Uploading these are a bitch. lol Most of them are 120 mb.

MajesticBlue

Wish I had time to go over all these to pick up what I can. Something I did notice though is Rachel and Momiji have odd crouching characteristics...I wonder if Team Ninja did it again and they have a fuzzy back dash. That would be hilarious. All the new characters they add seem to be so much more characteristic of VF not Doa. Does any new character have a good freestep? Plus they all get godly back dashes. The animation style is so different and alien looking.
*edit* No movement present in crouch guard.
Rachel got that Yoshimitsu SS.

Last edited:

Zeo

Finally got threw them all.

- Lots and lots of Jacky coverage. He looks a bit simpler than I thought but maybe that's just the players not taking advantage of more potential tools. Either way it looks like I might be able to use him. Bring him on.

- Rachel's theme is pretty awesome I have to say. Some of her voice clips are a little too exaggerated though, like she's trying too hard to sound cool. Also her stance is awkward the way she jumps around. Spartan's kinda was too but it would be more fitting if Rachel kinda had a more menacing stance where she just stood there like a tower over her opponent.

- Jann Lee's flip kick is now a guard break, can't remember the motion though. You'll know it when you see it.

- Hayate's 7T looks nerfed for sure. He got it on HCT and did 6P and Jacky was immediately able to block. The player might have just did it too slow but that'll blow if all you get off that guaranteed is jabs now, now he'll no longer have an edge over the rest of the case though.

Also his teleport is faster than I thought but it has a good deal of recovery looks like, not sure how practical using it for BT combos will be. Also it would benefit from being charge canceled into. If you can only do it straight away players can just wait and punish you for it. Also if it can only be done from a certain range it won't be that great. I want full screen teleports. FULL SCREEN.

- More competent Momiji gameplay than before but still nothing too great. She has an interesting fire spin move not seen yet though, wonder how useful it'll be.

- Leon got owned but his chest tackle looking attack causes a sit down like people wanted so rejoice.

- Double Izuna is the most amazing thing ever.

Most notably, no competent gameplay of Ein yet. All the new chars got semi decent coverage except him. Still waiting. I'm a little more satisfied now though, so I can wait a while. Plus SJ is right around the corner.

Last edited:

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
Wow well this was pretty disappointing... the only good match was the Rachel vs. Jacky! What looks like her 4 h+k sit down looks really promising! o(^^o). Momiji is looking Better to me every time I see her... she has Hayates critical burst, a variant of his pp6pp, 6p, 3p sit down variant, backwards flip, 2 h+k variant just urgh!!! I cant wait! I would have liked to see the person use her grab from her double jump or did they take it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD