DOA5 Pretty Much What I Expected - Kokoro Breakdown/Guide

Tenryuga

Lol yeah maybe saying it "blows" was a little too harsh. While we are talking about Heichu how do you all feel about the high punch followup? I haven't found any use for it whatsoever.

NightAntilli

9PP is just so slow, that you can easily see it and interrupt any additional followups (throw, P, 2K). -12 for 9PPP on block is bad because that gives grapplers their main throw for punishment, and others big throws as well.

They should make the second punch of 9PP a high punch and mid kick at the same time. The animation kind of already looks like it.

PgoezinC

Well, I'm ok with conceding my previous opinions in order to move on something new. Especially when there is no defined right or wrong and any tactical point can logically be refuted... again and again.

Blackburry
I agree completely about a blocked heichu being disregarded. Novice players will just remain standing there (perhaps blocking, perhaps not) so you can still hit them with 2p, but who cares about that. The good players I've ran into seem to fall under one of two categories: 1. hold the follow up (generally 2p) or 2. sidestep

Again, this is just me, but I haven't ran into anyone that "randomly" does both. I generally always do the heichu follow up early in the match as a way to gauge the other player. It's minimal and is an assumption, but I feel like it helps me get an idea of how comfortable the opposing player is with the mechanics. Once I see how the "preferred" defensive action is, I'll start cancelling the heichu follow up if it's blocked. At that point, if the player is adept at low holding the 2p, I can get a free 1T. If they're adept at sidestepping, I'll try sidestepping (since their likely attack will be a poke after they SS) or I'll just block (the likely poke) to get frame advantage. There's also the possibility that the opposing player does something entirely different and proceeds to kick my ass. Such is life with DoA.

While we are talking about Heichu how do you all feel about the high punch followup? I haven't found any use for it whatsoever.
There really isn't a single offensive move for Kokoro that I think is useless.... except for heichu p. The only time I do it is by accident.

Musourenka

Very nice guide!

There really isn't a single offensive move for Kokoro that I think is useless.... except for heichu p. The only time I do it is by accident.

Heichu P used to be good pre-patch in some situations because 66P+KP had a longer stun than 66P+K2P. Alas...

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Lol yeah maybe saying it "blows" was a little too harsh. While we are talking about Heichu how do you all feel about the high punch followup? I haven't found any use for it whatsoever.

Yeah they made it completely useless in version 1.03. It was pretty good before, especially after her 236H+P, because it made all 3 of her options of that throw pretty devastating.

GeomighT

theres a ton of guarantee FT combos missing but w/ Ultimate nerfing all FT's may not be worth the time , but this is a great start ... good job fellas

Bushido

theres a ton of guarantee FT combos missing but w/ Ultimate nerfing all FT's may not be worth the time , but this is a great start ... good job fellas
I just put 4 for each class. I know she has a ton more,but it's a lot of time to find all of them for each class y'know :confused:

Rapham0n

Bushido:
I'm having a difficult time understanding some of the stuff in the first post. For the BnB combos. From my understanding what you are saying is that first BnB combo is done as follows: 6P+K, PK, 4P+K, K, 66P+K, heichu, P+K. Is that correct? If so then something is very wrong here. If I do the combo like that then my damage numbers don't match up with yours. However if I do it like 6P+K, P, PK, 4P+K, K, 66P+K, heichu, P+K then my damage numbers are the same as yours. (I added an extra punch as noted by the P in bold text). The same goes for most of the BnB combos.

I'm not really sure what's going on here. Am I reading this thing wrong or did you perhaps make a typo in your combos or am I completely misunderstanding this guide? I mean it can't be a typo can it? Because if it is then how the hell am I the only one that noticed this? :confused:

Bushido

Bushido:
I'm having a difficult time understanding some of the stuff in the first post. For the BnB combos. From my understanding what you are saying is that first BnB combo is done as follows: 6P+K, PK, 4P+K, K, 66P+K, heichu, P+K. Is that correct? If so then something is very wrong here. If I do the combo like that then my damage numbers don't match up with yours. However if I do it like 6P+K, P, PK, 4P+K, K, 66P+K, heichu, P+K then my damage numbers are the same as yours. (I added an extra punch as noted by the P in bold text). The same goes for most of the BnB combos.

I'm not really sure what's going on here. Am I reading this thing wrong or did you perhaps make a typo in your combos or am I completely misunderstanding this guide? I mean it can't be a typo can it? Because if it is then how the hell am I the only one that noticed this? :confused:
You're right, it's supposed to be 6P+K P, PK, Launch, and bnb juggle. It's supposed to be a "control" setup before launch, because the damage can change depending on the setup of course. I guess you're the only one who noticed because people assumed 6P+K P. It's fixed though :oops:

Bushido

Edited, there's a pretty viable option after 4T. Sadly, 4T still isn't recommended, since they can backdash. I also added a free cancel section.

Rapham0n

You're right, it's supposed to be 6P+K P, PK, Launch, and bnb juggle. It's supposed to be a "control" setup before launch, because the damage can change depending on the setup of course. I guess you're the only one who noticed because people assumed 6P+K P. It's fixed though :oops:

No worries. I just found it strange that I'm the only one that noticed this, seeing as there are lots of people who visit these forums on a daily basis. At any rate thanks for the fixes.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Also I feel that you guys underrated Heichu stance a little bit outside of stun. Since Kokoro is a character that is heavy on string mixups it would be foolish for your opponent not to respect your options. Yes options out of heichu can be sidestepped, but so can 99 percent of her moves. Yes she might be able to get thrown out of it, but that crap is kind of risky and unless you are expecting heichu to come out of one of those strings you could just eat HCB damage for missing the punish(I've never even been thrown out of heichu). Heichu isn't something that you can get away with everytime, but I wouldn't say that it is completely useless outside of stun.

Just to be clear, aside from easily side stepping Heichu options, all of Kokoro's Heichu options can be beaten out by 9 to 10 frame jabs and 12 frame (maybe even 13 to 14) low jabs on reaction. Heichu really isn't that threatening outside of stun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD