DOA5LR "Previous Opponent Ok" - how is it supposed to work?

Akumasama

As the topic says, how is this option supposed to work?
If I turned it OFF game won't put me against the last guy I fought against?
If it's ON instead the last guy I fought with can be one of the possible opponents I fight against next?

Or is it the other way around?
It's confusing me...

DontForkWitMe

when turned off it locks out whoever your last opponent was from being matched against you when searching for another opponent

Last edited:

Akumasama

But sometimes I get the last opponent even if it's on "off" (maybe when it can't find anybody else I guess...)

KING JAIMY

If you have the setting turned ON, the game will search for anyone, including the last opponent you've fought against.

If you have the setting turned OFF, let me explain it with an example:

> Player 1 has previous opponent ok ON, player 2 also has previous opponent ok ON.
> Player 1 finds Player 2 (''A new challenger appears!'').
> Player 1 cancels the fight.
> Player 1 sets previous opponent ok OFF, player 2 still has it ON.

At this point in time Player 1 is unable to find Player 2, and vice versa.

> Player 1 searches again with setting OFF and finds Player 3 (''A new challenger appears!'').
> Player 1 cancels the fight.

At this point in time Player 1 is able to find Player 2 again, because Player 3 was the previous opponent of Player 1! So after cancelling the fight against Player 3 it is impossible to find Player 3, yet Player 2 can be found again because he isn't the previous opponent anymore.

> Player 1 searches again with setting OFF, and finds player 2 who still has the setting ON.

In conclusion, the game will only exclude the last person you've encountered. It doesn't matter if you have fought against that opponent or not, the ''A new challenger appears!'' screen is the one that counts.

Brute

Standard Donor
I've set it to "OFF" and ran into the same person twice, consecutively, without encountering another player on the challenger screen.

I believe that what happens is that the search "refreshes" itself pseudo-catching opponents but then disconnecting before they appear as a visible challenger (represented by the changing state of being allowed to hit O/B to back out and being locked out from that option). That or it wipes the "last player log" whenever either player encounters another challenger.

Either way, it doesn't work as intended, and is the functional equivalent to rubbing your nipples while you search for an opponent with a decent connection.

Akumasama

It works sometimes, but some other times it totally doesn't. Not sure if intentional (when it can't find anybody else, it lets you fight the previous opponent regardless of settings) or a bug.

What's really missing in DoA5 LR imho is something that says "Currently XXX players are looking for a match using Ranked Match mode".
Sometimes you wonder if you're really ALONE looking for people, or if there's someone else and you just didn't manage to catch him.

KING JAIMY

What's really missing in DoA5 LR imho is something that says "Currently XXX players are looking for a match using Ranked Match mode".
^ This.

Also they should implement the ability to see how many players are currently fighting in a Ranked Match so you have a rough indication of how many players are playing Ranked at the moment.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Sometimes you wonder if you're really ALONE looking for people, or if there's someone else and you just didn't manage to catch him.

I can relate to that feeling, I mean, I'm convinced no one would filter his search requirements just not to find you since they all enjoy getting auto-countered everytime, so there must be no one searching instead.

WAZAAAAA

I swear setting it ON or OFF makes no difference, at least in the PC version.

I can relate to that feeling, I mean, I'm convinced no one would filter his search requirements just not to find you since they all enjoy getting auto-countered everytime, so there must be no one searching instead.
CI7ZyepWIAA1SSA.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD