Problems that the Patch DOESN'T Address

ScattereDreams

Dead or alive 4 is the only fighting game to ever make a ranking system that shows your actual skill.. dead or alive 5's is trash

im just remembering, dead or alive 4's rank system could have you playing for hours. Once you make it to 50 000 points you would go into lobbies with the mindset of destroying kids, building a streak and piling 150, 150, 150 and building your points up to 60 000, 70 000, 80, 000. When fighting an A- it would get me GOING, I dont wanna lose 1000 points to this fuckin punk, IM GONNA FUCKING DEMOLISH THIS KID FOR ALL HES WORTH! I remember being so proud of making it to 75 000.

This fucking game.. this fuckin guy.. this is boring as FUCK!!!!!!!!

I feel like a black woman with high blood pressure after reading this...

24608694.jpg

I was discussing this on facebook. If DOA has breakable throws, it may need to have attack punishment. While that may make the game better I wonder would DOA lose it's originality or what makes it DOA? People might start to see it as another VF. Perhaps as long it keeps the "triangle" system it'll be fine. But I doubt TN would actually consider this..

DriftSlave

I know such a thing called boosting exist, something that completely makes your previous post irrelevant...

Try again?

WebHead

listen, dont try to debate me on this topic, Im going to win it no matter what.

DOA4's rank system is so perfect... so precise.. so amazing.. *tear drop* that if a retard wants to boost, let him.. its not going to affect anyone at all..

a retard whos a shitty A- can boost to an SS in... 1 hour.... this same retard playing seriously with his fancy SS against real players will lose it in 30 minutes.

now does that sound perfect or what?

a real SS will keep his SS for days because this guy is fuckin unstoppable, he doesnt lose to anyone, this guy is electrifiedmann.

an S is a good player who beats most A+'s and loses probably once every 10 matches.

A+'s come in different shapes and sizes kid, there are 50 000 A+'s, 65 000 and 75 000 - 90 000 A+'s

IM THE FUCKING RANK MASTER, HEAR ME ROAR.. RAWRRRRRRRR!!!

shunwong

The ranking system in DOA5 doesn't make sense until you reach a "high" enough rank. I'm stuck at A+ because now I really lose points when I lose a match. Before that, losing just didn't matter.

DriftSlave

listen, dont try to debate me on this topic, Im going to win it no matter what.

DOA4's rank system is so perfect... so precise.. so amazing.. *tear drop* that if a retard wants to boost, let him.. its not going to affect anyone at all..

a retard whos a shitty A- can boost to an SS in... 1 hour.... this same retard playing seriously with his fancy SS against real players will lose it in 30 minutes.

now does that sound perfect or what?

a real SS will keep his SS for days because this guy is fuckin unstoppable, he doesnt lose to anyone, this guy is electrifiedmann.

an S is a good player who beats most A+'s and loses probably once every 10 matches.

A+'s come in different shapes and sizes kid, there are 50 000 A+'s, 65 000 and 75 000 - 90 000 A+'s

IM THE FUCKING RANK MASTER, HEAR ME ROAR.. RAWRRRRRRRR!!!

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-incredibly-stupid.jpg

SilverKhaos

Can you explain why ranking doesn't mean anything?

I myself cannot find any ranked matches at all and play in lobbies after inviting other Australians

Well, lets take DOA5's ranking, for example.

1) Wins can be gained by a multitude of ways that are NOT overcoming the opponent. Lag disabling opponent, them disconnecting, or using infinite loops. All three are simply the opponent being removed from the fight, not one player being a better player than the other. Or non gameplay related, controller could accidentally turn off, they had to get up and do something, etc, etc. Too many variables for a win to really mean anything. This is the main one that applies across all fighters. Offline is a different matter.
2) You lose very little points for losses, while you gain a lot for wins. What this means is that win/loss is not legitimate, because it takes roughly 2.5 (off the top of my head) losses to equal 1 win. Aka, your rank will always rise much faster than it can fall, making the rate at which your rank goes up, essentially meaningless.
3) With the above in mind, your rank only amounts to "How often you've played Ranked Matches" and says little to nothing about your actual skill. You could be Terrible at the game and eventually make S rank just by playing enough matches.

For example. I've literally just been sitting at A+ for weeks, even though i'm constantly losing because i lose interest and wander back to my computer in the middle of a match. But i'm maintaining my A+ by occasionally actually paying attention and playing and getting the odd win.

This proves both of my points. My losses were not due to the opponent being a better player but because....I wasn't playing, for various reasons (Boredom, baby wandered into the room and had to take care of her, needed to answer phone, etc, etc) Ergo, the win was meaningless. Same thing has happened to me multiple times. And my rank is sitting at just short of S just because of the OCCASIONAL win because win points are much more than the points you lose when you get a loss.

It's why I have zero interest or respect in someone's rank. At least DOA4 it kinda mattered because your rank would actually go DOWN when you lost. Not to mention your rank carried over to lobbies as well. So EVERY MATCH YOU PLAYED would affect your rank. Like when I originally played, I got good enough at DOA4 to skyrocket, up to around....B+ or A-, around there. Then the game got stolen picked up another copy years later, so rusty I got my butt kicked and plummeted to D and below for a while. And SS ranks usually just meant they did the near infinite combos in Tag Team.

So while in DOA4 ranks meant SOMETHING, in most fighters, DOA5 included, they mean virtually nothing beyond how many Ranked Matches you've played. So its less of a gauge for player skill, and more of a quantity of matches played.

synce

In both DOA4 or DOA5 an A/S rank will generally give you a better fight than lower ranks. So you have the occasional booster or alternate account, it's the same in every game. Just enjoy the game

Sam Sultan

Rank in DOA5 means nothing it is so easy to get your S+ i think i had it in 2 days. In DOA4 whenever you saw an S or SS player you knew they had to be good of course there where some exceptions like in any fighting game but other than that the DOA4 ranking system was solid.

PJudge

It's why I have zero interest or respect in someone's rank. At least DOA4 it kinda mattered because your rank would actually go DOWN when you lost. Not to mention your rank carried over to lobbies as well. So EVERY MATCH YOU PLAYED would affect your rank. Like when I originally played, I got good enough at DOA4 to skyrocket, up to around....B+ or A-, around there. Then the game got stolen picked up another copy years later, so rusty I got my butt kicked and plummeted to D and below for a while. And SS ranks usually just meant they did the near infinite combos in Tag Team.

So while in DOA4 ranks meant SOMETHING, in most fighters, DOA5 included, they mean virtually nothing beyond how many Ranked Matches you've played. So its less of a gauge for player skill, and more of a quantity of matches played.

I preferred it when rank was determined by every fight you played. Kinda added drama to the fights, because it took away from all the bullshit that usually comes along with ranked modes because every match was ranked.

Dave

The ranking system in DOA5 doesn't make sense until you reach a "high" enough rank. I'm stuck at A+ because now I really lose points when I lose a match. Before that, losing just didn't matter.

Pretty much. Been stuck there for ever. And rightfully so.

Mailifang

I agree about every fight including the lobby ones should effect your rank. I get into more ranked fights now than I did before the patch but that's just because people want to unlock swimsuits or Alpha. The players are not getting better they are just playing just to unlock stuff. My winning percentage is going up because most of my ranked opponents are between E and C ranks.I 'll get in matches with a few B ranks but all they do is use Jann Lee or Ayane,pick the training stage, and use hit and run turtle tactics. I only faced one S ranked player and beat him. That person was not happy lol.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I agree about every fight including the lobby ones should effect your rank. I get into more ranked fights now than I did before the patch but that's just because people want to unlock swimsuits or Alpha. The players are not getting better they are just playing just to unlock stuff. My winning percentage is going up because most of my ranked opponents are between E and C ranks.I 'll get in matches with a few B ranks but all they do is use Jann Lee or Ayane,pick the training stage, and use hit and run turtle tactics. I only faced one S ranked player and beat him. That person was not happy lol.

The skill level on PSN is ... horrible, judging by the videos sent in the media section recently. Come play with people with at least intermediate skill on Live :)

EDIT. No disrespect to the people who sent said media, I meant your opponents.

Mailifang

The skill level on PSN is ... horrible, judging by the videos sent in the media section recently. Come play with people with at least intermediate skill on Live :)

EDIT. No disrespect to the people who sent said media, I meant your opponents.

I would if I still had an Xbox 360. My ex took his system back a 2 years ago. Only reason's I liked the 360 was DOA games, using your music soundtrack in all games, and Phantasy Star Universe. There are some good players on PSN sadly they have formed their on little cliques by playing among themselves, lurk around in random lobbies, or just stopped playing online. Most of the ones I met here now just play the game on the 360. Now I'm all alone in a sea of random noobs, turtlers, and people who use characters that abuse lag.::sniffs::

DriftSlave

PSO-World.com has the hookups, there are guides to help you set up your account and to log in, there is also helpful players who know where to get the english patch and or help translate most of the important text(for grinding or for weapon building).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD