"Professional" and "Casual" modes in Doa5

Kronin

This fifth installment features two modes, professional and casual. Professional has no bells and whistles, allowing more hardcore players to focus on technique. Casual is set on a dynamic stage where the environment (Circus, War Zone, and around 13 more) around you can be destroyed and interacted with.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dead-Or-Alive-5-Preview-Treat-Fans-43334.html
Thanks to Dutch Samurai

PS: I created a new thread because I did not know where to post this news, so If necessary (or the thing is already discussed in another thread) close this one as well.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yes, I've asked around for confirmation.

Some of my sources say that the Alpha Demo was set to 'casual' mode by default. Stuff like holding :4_: for any amount of time and then pressing :h: performing a mid hold is only in the casual mode. Apparently that issue doesn't occur if you're in professional mode. So there's more changes than just the stage and camera interaction. However, this is unconfirmed.

The danger zones are going to exist on Professional contrary to that quote, from what I presume.

Raansu

Some of my sources say that the Alpha Demo was set to 'casual' mode by default. Stuff like holding :4_: for any amount of time and then pressing :h: performing a mid hold is only in the casual mode. Apparently that issue doesn't occur if you're in professional mode. So there's more changes than just the stage and camera interaction. However, this is unconfirmed.

The danger zones are going to exist on Professional contrary to that quote, from what I presume.

So in essence the buffering is different?

Kronin

Seems really nice, and thanks Mr.Wah for the clarification.

For the camera interaction you mean the movement of the camera during the victory pose, or the movement of the camera during the cange of the stage (i.e during the destruction of the yard in the "Scramble arena")? For the latter, I know that in the alpha demo there is a specific option for the camera set (action or ordinary).

Keylay

Professional had hit effects turned off and the standard camera. That's what it listed in the demo. All the danger zones are still active but I'm not sure about the trash cans and falling objects.

DrDogg

It's just the hit effects and camera movement.

Professional
- No hit effects
- Normal camera movement

Casual
- Hit effects on
- Action camera movement

Kronin

Professional
- No hit effects
- Normal camera movement

Casual
- Hit effects on
- Action camera movement

But these in the Alpha demo were two different options. So in the final build will not be possibile to change individually them?

synce

I guess they thought people were too dull to realize what those options did, so they replaced them with a single, more ambiguous option lol I'll be playing on casual then, the new effects grew on me

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Professional
- No hit effects
- Normal camera movement

Casual
- Hit effects on
- Action camera movement

From what I hear, there's more than just those option settings.

just_me

Standard Donor
I guess they thought people were too dull to realize what those options did, so they replaced them with a single, more ambiguous option lol I'll be playing on casual then, the new effects grew on me

Both options are still present (you can see that in the gamespot presentation) the Casual/Professional thing just acts as a preset for these options, probably to reduce configuration time after a stations reset.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

I hope you're right because the VF characters seem to have the upper ground in terms of execution and solidity.

I don't want to free cancel every time I press a button. At least let me just :1: to cancel out of a string.

DrDogg

There are other settings that can be adjusted that have an impact on hold buffers and things of that nature. There's no indication that the Pro and Casual presets have anything to do with this.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There are other settings that can be adjusted that have an impact on hold buffers and things of that nature. There's no indication that the Pro and Casual presets have anything to do with this.

I'm only referring to what I've heard from Tecmo/Team NINJA, that the setting can change other backend features of the game, an example is what I posted above with the :4_: :h:. What else is dependent of that option selection is unknown, but the fact that it does alter how it reads a hold/guard input should suggest further changes that could be affected by the selection.

I know simply for the fact that holding back and accidentally performing a hold instead of a guard when pressing :h: is something I don't want, and pro setting will be required for tournament play in my tournaments.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
all it changes is the camera and hit effects. in fact once you select it that you can change each option manually from options menu. i did not notice the alpha demo buffering issues present the time i was there for either option.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD