PS3 vs 360 comparison

synce

NightAntilli

That matters a LOT. I already find the input delay on the X360 atrocious at times. I noticed it immediately when starting up the game. It made the game feel really clunky, especially when you're coming from the likes of VF5FS and DOA4, and as you can see, it's basically only one frame difference between DOA4 and DOA5. That is enough to notice it in my case. Kind of glad that I have the X360 version, and sad at the same time that the PS3 has this kind of input lag.

The fastest that a 60fps game can display inputs on screen is 4 frames (technical reasons), which is 66.7ms, and that's what fighters should optimally operate at. 5 frames is 83.3ms and 6 frames is 100ms. 5 frames is still not bad, but 6 or higher is atrocious. That's effectively playing the game at 30fps (Halo 3 has 100ms input lag, lowest possible lag with a 30fps game). There is a threshold in which the delay becomes noticeable, and it's somewhere between 5 and 6 frames for most people, and obviously, having more than a 5 frame delay with the addition of your screen/tv lag, things start to become clunky pretty fast. Doesn't really matter that much for shooters and such since the precision in there is not as strict, but 7 frames is for me unacceptable in a fighter. The input buffer compensates for it, but it's still too high.

TheTHCGamer

Not that i doubt any of this information but how reliable is that website that this information was found?

Chaos

I feel very disappointed right now. :( No wonder I was having a hard time pulling off some moves and whats the point of developing games on PS3 first if it still going to be shitter than the 360 verson. :mad:

TheTHCGamer

I feel very disappointed right now. :( No wonder I was having a hard time pulling off some moves and whats the point of developing games on PS3 first if it still going to be shitter than the 360 verson. :mad:
Agreed this is definitely not a good thing.

Raansu

PS3 games always have input delay. Top it off the Ps3 version randomly freezes for a few seconds from time to time, especially in training mode. I'll stick with my xbox copy. Might end up selling my ps3 copy.

DR2K

PS3 games always have input delay. Top it off the Ps3 version randomly freezes for a few seconds from time to time, especially in training mode. I'll stick with my xbox copy. Might end up selling my ps3 copy.

Turn off throwdown or install.

but yeah PS3 version of games have that 1 frame delay.

NikkySan

I have the PS3 version and it works perfectly. No input delay (either that or I'm not noticing it) and it never freezes.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So DOA 3 responds faster than DOA 4 responds faster than 360 DOA 5 reponds faster than PS3 DOA 5.

Noticing a trend here in the way games work in this generation. Next time I talk to Shimbori-san maybe I'll bring that up. It probably doesn't get talked about a lot.

Chaos

...And people thought I was retarded when I said 360 is better and the fact the feel of DOA5 is slower than DOA4......
That doesn't make the PS3 garbage, if it was no body would like to own one, japan wouldn't care for it. Shit, the PS3 would have been dead just like the Dreamcast and if you perfer the 360 thats your opinion but me I perfer both and plus they both suck when it comes down to their flaws. Besides, the Wii u is going shit all over xbox 360, Nintendo needs to take over. lol

Blazeincarnated

"Wii U is the best console ever"

cutmypic.jpg

Bill Gates Shits on Nintendo.

TheTHCGamer

I have my reasons why i like each console this gen and i also have my reason why i dont like consoles this gen. Either way last gen had better quality games in my opinion and this gen mostly just gave us better graphics for the most part. Dont get me wrong there were some ground breaking games but i definitely enjoyed last gen more than this gen.

Best thing in my opinion this gen was online play was more of a factor.

Game Over

So DOA 3 responds faster than DOA 4 responds faster than 360 DOA 5 reponds faster than PS3 DOA 5.

Noticing a trend here in the way games work in this generation. Next time I talk to Shimbori-san maybe I'll bring that up. It probably doesn't get talked about a lot.

(if I'm understanding this correctly)

They probably do it with the "intention" of making the game more "online friendly". The idea being that a slight increase in input delay will allow a bit more "give" for handling online lag. The problem, however, is that this has the side effect of making the game less responsive (and thereby less enjoyable) to the portion of the audience looking to play the game at a high competitive level.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD