DOA5LR PS3/X360 DOA5U to DOA5LR

Rapham0n

So how is this going to work exactly? I heard that people who have purchased DOA5U will be able to upgrade their game to DOA5LR through a free patch. Does this actually upgrade your DOA5U to DOA5LR or is it more like some kind of compatibility patch where it just makes DOA5U users able to play online with DOA5LR users?

What are the differences between upgrading your DOA5U to DOA5LR through the patch and actually purchasing the retail version of DOA5LR?

31gma

According to the official website, the free upgrade for the previous-gen versions will be a compatibility patch for people who purchased DOA5LR. My main question is, how much is the upgrade? I'm willing to pitch in $15 if that's the cost to upgrade for the LR content.

f3jNb20.png

Blash

So the new costumes are not included in the upgrade?
Hmmm, so its just the new characters? Seems VERY restricted to me.

Kronin

There are some misunderstandings here:

The Free Upgrade is the Patch that will update Doa5U to DoA5LR. This very likely will change the logo of the game, will change the selection roster (bringing visibility to Raidou, Honoka and the new costumes as a big catalogue) and overall will change the movesets and the balancement of the game. For this reason I suppose that it could bring the new tag throws (because they slighty affect the balance) even if I'm not sure about the new tag intro and outro.

The Last Round Pack will be the paid DLC Set that will make available all the contents in the release of Last Round outside the system balancement. So the new costumes in the release (old DLC and original outfits), Raidou and Honoka playable, maybe even MR, Phase 4 and Nyotengu playable (I'm not sure about this).

By the way even not buying the complete set, it will be still possible to buy singularly Honoka, and so very likely even Raidou. I don't think that any new outfits from the release of Last Round (so the 31 fan designs + maid Nyotengu + the 4 schoolgirls outfits for Alpha-152) can be purchased singularly.

Last edited:

Kronin

Yes, my apologise. I didn't get it. Just saw your post on DOAW, so I get what you mean.
Sorry for confusing everyone

*runs to corner and hides*

Don't worry there is no problem, I'm glad to help when I can =)

EDIT:

Also, not knowing in what thread share this info, I post it here (in addition to use my status):

TN confirmed that the delay for the American PS3 users WILL NOT AFFECT the update from DoA5U to Last Round. https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/566620189014245377

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Team Ninja recently published an official DOA5LR FAQ (Source: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_faq.html#takeover). Since I don't understand the process of carrying over DLC and save data too well, I thought this thread was a good place to ask.

1. I found the first ambiguous piece of information in Question 2: How do I carry over save data? (for me specifically: Xbox 360 --> Xbox One). My question: Where do I find the 'relevant DLC' I purchased? Do I have to download it again after installing the Title Update on my Xbox 360, or do I have to download the 'relevant DLC' on my Xbox One?

2. The answer to Question 4 states that the title update will be made available on Feb 17th. Will this also be the case for Europe (release date Feb 20th)?

3. If I follow the process of 'carrying over save data' described at Answer 4 (A4), will my Xbox One will automatically recognize the 'relevant DLC' I purchased on my Xbox 360? Or do I have to follow a separate process for letting my Xbox One recognize the DLC I purchased on Xbox 360?

Thanks in advance! ^ ~ ^

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
1. I found the first ambiguous piece of information in Question 2: How do I carry over save data? (for me specifically: Xbox 360 --> Xbox One). My question: Where do I find the 'relevant DLC' I purchased? Do I have to download it again after installing the Title Update on my Xbox 360, or do I have to download the 'relevant DLC' on my Xbox One?

A2 describes it pretty clear imo. You turn on your Xbox One, login to the games store with the account you used to buy dlc's for Ultimate on your Xbox360 and then you download them. That means, you'll find the relevant DLC in the store as free download. For carrying over dlc's, I don't think it matters if you have already installed the update on your 360 or not.

3. If I follow the process of 'carrying over save data' described at Answer 4 (A4), will my Xbox One will automatically recognize the 'relevant DLC' I purchased on my Xbox 360? Or do I have to follow a separate process for letting my Xbox One recognize the DLC I purchased on Xbox 360?

Note that question/answer 4 is about how you carry over save data, not DLC data. The information for the former is always stored locally on your console (except you uploaded it into a cloud service), while the one for the latter always comes from your LIVE account. That's why you have to upload your save data. Therefore, if you follow the process described in this answer, it doesn't change anything with your DLC recognition on your Xbox One. DLC data is, as they write in A2, recognized when you downloaded it from the store with the appropriate account.

KING JAIMY

A2 describes it pretty clear imo. You turn on your Xbox One, login to the games store with the account you used to buy dlc's for Ultimate on your Xbox360 and then you download them. That means, you'll find the relevant DLC in the store as free download. For carrying over dlc's, I don't think it matters if you have already installed the update on your 360 or not.

Note that question/answer 4 is about how you carry over save data, not DLC data. The information for the former is always stored locally on your console (except you uploaded it into a cloud service), while the one for the latter always comes from your LIVE account. That's why you have to upload your save data. Therefore, if you follow the process described in this answer, it doesn't change anything with your DLC recognition on your Xbox One. DLC data is, as they write in A2, recognized when you downloaded it from the store with the appropriate account.
Haha, now I feel I should take some lessons in 'reading comprehension'. Anyway, thanks for the clarification! :)

Kronin

2. The answer to Question 4 states that the title update will be made available on Feb 17th. Will this also be the case for Europe (release date Feb 20th)?

I suppose so, after all is promoted as released in that date even for Xbox360 and PS3.

31gma

Will the U to LR patch be available at 12:00am EST (9:00pm PST) or will I have to wait until tomorrow?

CFW

Your best bet is to wait until tomorrow. PSN usually updates in the evening in EST.

Rapham0n

There are some misunderstandings here:

The Free Upgrade is the Patch that will update Doa5U to DoA5LR. This very likely will change the logo of the game, will change the selection roster (bringing visibility to Raidou, Honoka and the new costumes as a big catalogue) and overall will change the movesets and the balancement of the game. For this reason I suppose that it could bring the new tag throws (because they slighty affect the balance) even if I'm not sure about the new tag intro and outro.

The Last Round Pack will be the paid DLC Set that will make available all the contents in the release of Last Round outside the system balancement. So the new costumes in the release (old DLC and original outfits), Raidou and Honoka playable, maybe even MR, Phase 4 and Nyotengu playable (I'm not sure about this).

By the way even not buying the complete set, it will be still possible to buy singularly Honoka, and so very likely even Raidou. I don't think that any new outfits from the release of Last Round (so the 31 fan designs + maid Nyotengu + the 4 schoolgirls outfits for Alpha-152) can be purchased singularly.
OK, so basically upgrading DOA5U with the free patch actually turns it into DOA5LR, but without the ability to choose the new characters and costumes. Good to know. So I'm guessing this patch is rather huge?

Kronin

OK, so basically upgrading DOA5U with the free patch actually turns it into DOA5LR, but without the ability to choose the new characters and costumes. Good to know. So I'm guessing this patch is rather huge?

I live in Europe, so I still don't own the patch for the game. Hoping that someone that has already updated it in America will provide us more infos about.

By the way so far it was already said that the patch give access to the new 31 fan designs in disc (not sure about maid Nyotengu and the schoolgirls Alpha, but I believe them too).

Rapham0n

Your best bet is to wait until tomorrow. PSN usually updates in the evening in EST.
PSN works differently for patches than it does for other content (games, DLC, etc.). When it comes to patches they can be made available as soon as SONY is done testing them. For other content PSN updates on Tuesdays for America and Wednesdays for Europe. Patches can be made available any day of the week any time of day.

CFW

PSN works differently for patches than it does for other content (games, DLC, etc.). When it comes to patches they can be made available as soon as SONY is done testing them. For other content PSN updates on Tuesdays for America and Wednesdays for Europe. Patches can be made available any day of the week any time of day.

Yeah I forgot. That was my bad. I forgot to post that.

Baal bal

Sooo
I live in Fr, and i can download the "catalogue" from LR. I don't know if it's the patch, but when i downloaded it, nothing changed at all. The logo is still U, and no new character select.
I don't get it... I can buy Honoka and her outfit, but I can't Update to LR ?
Can someone help me ? haha

Shinko Li

Sooo
I live in Fr, and i can download the "catalogue" from LR. I don't know if it's the patch, but when i downloaded it, nothing changed at all. The logo is still U, and no new character select.
I don't get it... I can buy Honoka and her outfit, but I can't Update to LR ?
Can someone help me ? haha
Im having the same problem

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD