PS4 Online Play: Free or Paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkClaymore

Does playing DoA5 Last Round online require being subscribed to PlayStation Plus?

A noob question, I know. But I don't have a PS4 and I'm currently pondering whether to buy one to play Last Round.

Last edited:

synce

Do you mean core fighters? I'm curious about this too, but AFAIK on PS4 F2P games are actually free, no PS+ required. \

DarkClaymore

Do you mean core fighters? I'm curious about this too, but AFAIK on PS4 F2P games are actually free, no PS+ required. \
No, I meant Last Round. Guess "LR" wasn't clear enough :)

As far as I know core fighters has free online play, correct me if I'm wrong.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Online play on the PS4 requires an PS+ account in general as far as I know.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
PlayStation Plus is required to play online for DOA5 Last Round, both for the full version and Core Fighters.

Mokyu

I thought it required PS+ too, but in a stream a few nights ago a couple of people mentioned they didn't have PS+ and the game wasn't requiring them to for online

Mokyu

I'm pretty sure Warframe and The Elder Scrolls Online don't require PS Plus.
Free to play/Games that require subscription (FFIXV being the only one I know of doing that)/some random games don't require PS+. I think DOA is one of those random games though since I've seen some play online without PS+ and I know a streamer for DOA who doesn't have it either

SilverForte

An account on the ps4 needs ps plus for online play to be available. It doesn't have to be your main account.

I know because I was unable to access online in LR when my brothers plus ran out. Fortunately getting plus is a simple as creating a new account and using the two week free trial.

d3v

Digital version does not need PS+ to play. Not sure about the disc version though.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Playing DoA5LR online against other people requires PS+ regardless of version. Discussion over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD