Rachel nerfs

Rubedood

They did this to Mila in 5, they couldn't crouch block a tackle so she had to be nerfed. We all got a good laugh at it on the VF forums, I dropped the game because of it. Sucks they nerfed Rachel, but not surprised at all. All they needed to do was tone down the +frames on the stomp and remove plus frames from a whiffed stomp and make it negative. Whiffed attacks shouldn't be positive period. Nerfing her 66K is retarded as I got evaded all day when trying to use that predictable move. Then again I play my VF friends mostly in Ultimate and they evade and fuzzy etc.

Hopefully they don't go overboard with nerfs and buffs in this game like they did with 5.

Why would you believe that? All they know how to do is nerf.

I done with the game myself. I'm tired of going through this with every new game that comes out

too late, they unnecessarily nerfed Momiji too ('cause she was OP right?) but those nerfs weren't really that bad....
You have the exact same views of mine, you take the nerf Alpha and Leon thread and I'll take the nerf Gen fu and brad won (yes I hate these characters the most) actually why not start a thread in every thread to get characters nerf for having 1 unique thing that the other characters. In all honestly though I will laugh in everyones face when I beat thekm with rachel for all the whining they did.

I also love people who call others a tier whore for diagreeing with a stupid nerf (stomp nerf would be fine but -15 and the other nerfs really!), I got this alot in Tekken for actually wanting Xiaoyu to be a joke character and then they cried in t6 to ttt2 when Lars gets a small nerf.

DontForkWitMe

Surprisingly they gave Leon a buff... why give him a buff? Was he not scary enough already? It's not even the fact that it wasn't a game-changing buff, but the principle of nerfing low-tier Rachel to death, and buffing Leon... WTF TN... I can't really blame the company, they're trying to look out for the larger groups of players (more preferably the ones with complaints)

In Leons case it wasn't that he was buffed he was simply fixed. the whole changing directions for air throws to utilize environmental damage at will was gimped due to the glitchy way it was handled pre-patch making many walls and objects not allow wall hits when they obviously should have.

So in actuality he was released nerfed from the start and is now un-nerfed.:cool:

Lyn

This entire knee-jerk reaction reminds me a lot of Capcom and their extremely quick to reply antics to players who refuse to adapt and learn MUs. I can't put the entire blame on the community when at the end of the day; dev teams decide to press the green button on whether to nerf this or buff that.

This same mindset reminds me of the old smash days in Melee where the community felt that characters such as Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers were unable to compete at the higher levels and unofficially considered the worse of the worse next to Pichu and Mewtwo. Then one player(Not the same person) single-handedly proved everyone wrong and caused the very same characters to rise through the list and become not only the top of the upper mids, but also an top tier character.

Ignorance is weakness: Success isn't a destination, it's a journey. These quick fix patches prevents players from ever growing mentally and becoming smarter.

Nobus3r1

Ignorance is weakness: Success isn't a destination, it's a journey. These quick fix patches prevents players from ever growing mentally and becoming smarter.
I wouldn't say that reactionary patching of the game is preventing some of the player base from becoming smarter. I think they've managed that feat on their own. The rest however is spot on. This nerf stuff so I don't have to deal with it situation actually reminded me of some of the shittier teachers that I've had over the years. These are teachers who would give the class a problem to work on that was maybe a tad on the challenging side. Then rather than let the students solve it on their own the teacher would, whether due to impatience or time constraints or whatever, work the problem out for the class. You know what that teaches the students? If they wait long enough or complain that the problem is too hard someone else will eventually solve it for them. It does not however teach them the subject/material.

Lyn

This is true.

It just kills me when people complain about things that is hardly a week old. No one wants to learn or improve. Just cry and moan when they aren't winning.

I know a couple of people who loses complete interest in a game if they aren't winning. I try to explain to them that you just don't become great after 5 minutes of dilly-dallying. While you sit and complain, people are improving themselves. Those are the very same people who makes you want to quit the game or question whether you're as good as you think you are.

Shiranui

So, basically they removed her good points and kept her bad ones? Cool... What a half-demon... xD

At least no more complain about her being OP, I hope. And now she is nothing more but a bottom tier everybody will say "she is fine now" and bullshit like that.
And i guess just a few who really like Rachel will play her now. That's OK to me.

I'll deal with her nerfs and keep playing her.

Itz King Beebop

To be completely honest the nerfs weren't as drastic as I made them seem yesterday... They didn't murder Rachel they just made her MUs against 90% of the cast more realistic; making "the Struggle" apparent all of the time, as opposed to some of the time when you were truly working mixups and making MUs more playable. People will begin to realize this after looking at the Rachel Matchup thread (and her bad MUs against nearly the entire cast.) Rachel before the patch was an overweight Pit Bull; she was slow, but if she got on you it took some strength to get her off. Now, Rachel is and overweight Pit Bull with no bite, no originality, and no fear factor...

Itz King Beebop

As Rachel players, we have to be sure not to become the whiners that got Rachel (Momiji, and Alpha) nerfed in the first place... just be calm, and prove to all the crybabies that you can adapt to being nerfed... (when they see that, they'll just nerf her again anyway lol)

phoenix1985gr

It has nothing to do with bitching (ok not nothing but it isnt the main factor) People bitch for Helena Sarah Gen Ayane and they re the same or better... TN saw they made a mistake (there testing department must be really retarded) and they fixed it... You cant have a game where you remove from 26 characters their ground game and than just hand it over to one... Im not agreeing with how much they nerfed her, but her oki game needed a rework... As always they went overboard of course... -2 to -5 on a whiffed stomp was all that was needed imo...

Itz King Beebop

It has nothing to do with bitching (ok not nothing but it isnt the main factor) People bitch for Helena Sarah Gen Ayane and they re the same or better... TN saw they made a mistake (there testing department must be really retarded) and they fixed it... You cant have a game where you remove from 26 characters their ground game and than just hand it over to one... Im not agreeing with how much they nerfed her, but her oki game needed a rework... As always they went overboard of course... -2 to -5 on a whiffed stomp was all that was needed imo...

the stomp on whiff wasn't as absurd as many made it off to be... it's -10i on the 3PP setup, -18i on the 6PK setup, and -21i on the 9P setup (OK! IT IS THAT BAD XD)... making the stomp that negative not only helps people get out of the blender, but instead makes the blender an almost nonviable move/strat... now her best tracking string is easier to blow up (not like 16i mids are completely unstoppable or anything,) and her crushing is still shitty (no low crushes.) There's also the addition of her lack of lows that help her keep pressure, and the unnecessary frame advantage nerfs ('cause she had LOADS of that.) The differences between Rachel, and all of the characters that you mentioned, are all of the things that I've stated above. Rachel needs spacing and defensive tools because (of the patch) she can't keep up absurdly consistent pressure, so all that I wanted in the first place, wasn't better offense but a balancing of the character as a whole... but i guess if that were true, Rachel would be a slower version of Hitomi with a faster tracking mid, and less viable lows.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I'm pissed about nerfed in this game in general. Especially since they choose to ignore characters like Gen Fu, Helena, and others. But that's what happened when you're part of a community who spend way too much time playing this game online instead of learning how to actually play. I am not completely mad that they nerfed Rachel, but HOW they did it. Why the fuck did they have to touch 4PP, or 1PP? Did they really have to make her whiff stomp -12? I mean I don't mind it being neutral, or even negative, but -12? So now her pressure game is ass. She is a true slow character, and I like how people claim she has to "work like everyone else now" which is a bullshit thing to say. She wasn't that bad to begin with if people would just learn the match up but all this community knows how to do is whine liike little babies because people don't want to put in the effort to learn. See I was saying how this community is slowly turning into the MK community the more this game gets popular, but the truth is this generation of players is just too damn soft and the same goes with those new to fighters in general. The fact people basing thing off of them spending all day online is pretty disgusting.

The Momiji nerfs were minor, but also unnecessary. Hell the stuff they nerfed was flat out stupid. It makes me completely lose faith in this game and when they decide to release the full character patch. I hardly play this game as it is anymore anyways. I will continue to support the community here on the Westcoast, but that's pretty much it. I just have no desire to play anymore beyond that.

Rubedood

I'm pissed about nerfed in this game in general. Especially since they choose to ignore characters like Gen Fu, Helena, and others. But that's what happened when you're part of a community who spend way too much time playing this game online instead of learning how to actually play. I am not completely mad that they nerfed Rachel, but HOW they did it. Why the fuck did they have to touch 4PP, or 1PP? Did they really have to make her whiff stomp -12? I mean I don't mind it being neutral, or even negative, but -12? So now her pressure game is ass. She is a true slow character, and I like how people claim she has to "work like everyone else now" which is a bullshit thing to say. She wasn't that bad to begin with if people would just learn the match up but all this community knows how to do is whine liike little babies because people don't want to put in the effort to learn. See I was saying how this community is slowly turning into the MK community the more this game gets popular, but the truth is this generation of players is just too damn soft and the same goes with those new to fighters in general. The fact people basing thing off of them spending all day online is pretty disgusting.

The Momiji nerfs were minor, but also unnecessary. Hell the stuff they nerfed was flat out stupid. It makes me completely lose faith in this game and when they decide to release the full character patch. I hardly play this game as it is anymore anyways. I will continue to support the community here on the Westcoast, but that's pretty much it. I just have no desire to play anymore beyond that.

I feel for ya, bro, and if it's any consolation, there's always a place for you here in the VF community:)

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor

Genfu lost his best combo when they took out the raw power launcher

Lyn

The Momiji nerfs were minor, but also unnecessary.

"1PP: Advantage on block changed from -10 to -13 frames." Pointless since I don't even corporate 1PP into my playstyle. extremely risky and predictable string which leaves me right in front of opponent on whiff and block.

" 66PP: Pushback on guard changed to the same as for 236P." Meh, another move that is rarely used. The property change is only noticeable if you didn't have a better approach option. Which in this case; you do.

"Tenku K: Landing recovery time increased by 5 frames" This nerf here is what really confused me.

Nonetheless, Momo remains very much intact.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
I still have the old man blender and 3p. However I pretty much discarded the blender and changed my whole game to revolve around the combo since it hurt SOOO much lol. Back to the drawing board. Aldo Genfu got buffed in ultimate even with them taking out the combo

Rachel's fine (as long as the mu isn't someone like Ayane), you just have to work harder,m but the blender is pointless now. She's sadly even more gimmicky now and I have been using 7P+K then the low, 41236T, 2K and 3P.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD